Notices

gutted Greddy SP exhaust on boosted car... 3" piping

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:00 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gutted Greddy SP exhaust on boosted car... 3" piping

As the title says... i have a greddy SP (original and my absolute favorite muffler of all time) that has been gutted out and i currently have it on my turbo gsr. i have 3" piping from the turbo to the back of the greddy and had a 3" inlet cut from 2 1/4 to weld the piping flushly against the muffler. The tip however has a small pipe connecting to the muffler and it looks to b about 2.5". Do you think this can effectively be restricting me bad enough where i'd have to change it? The car runs beautiful, the muffler sounds great, and it looks awesome. i'd hate to have to take it off.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:02 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: gutted Greddy SP exhaust on boosted car... 3" piping (street dream gsr)

anybody?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gutted Greddy SP exhaust on boosted car... 3" piping (street dream gsr)

With your mods I'm not sure if it restricts... but I still have my sp muffler in my garage. Even though I like my 3" thermal, I think the sp is a way nicer looking muffler.

heres a thought, you could put it on a dyno and see what it does, then remove the rear section (sp muffler)and do a pull to see the difference. I honestly think if the rest of the pipe is custom 3" it probably wont be a huge restriction since the muffler itself is quite large. I assume when you mean gutted your baffle fell out?

good luck and if you go with it post some pics!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: gutted Greddy SP exhaust on boosted car... 3" piping (markaria)

You're nearing the limit for 2.5...full 2.5, but with a small section at the very end that necks down, I hardly think it will make a difference. If you are in a very restricted or competitive race class, I'd say jump the bandwagon and get a Burns, otherwise stick with what you have. If this tells you anything, last time I ordered 3" exhaust piping, the guy asked me what V8 I intended to turbo... He was dumbfounded when I said it was a 4cyl.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:27 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: gutted Greddy SP exhaust on boosted car... 3" piping (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by markaria &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">With your mods I'm not sure if it restricts... but I still have my sp muffler in my garage. Even though I like my 3" thermal, I think the sp is a way nicer looking muffler.

I assume when you mean gutted your baffle fell out?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the top was cut open and everything inside was taken out. It's basically an empty can. I took some quick shots. check em out.

took a quick shot under the hood while i was at it...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're nearing the limit for 2.5...full 2.5, but with a small section at the very end that necks down, I hardly think it will make a difference. If you are in a very restricted or competitive race class, I'd say jump the bandwagon and get a Burns, otherwise stick with what you have. If this tells you anything, last time I ordered 3" exhaust piping, the guy asked me what V8 I intended to turbo... He was dumbfounded when I said it was a 4cyl.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's 3" from the turbo all the way to the muffler. it's just the tip. i didnt think it would be a big deal either but i just thought i'd ask around. if i recall, 3" is the standard size on a diesel turbo truck...
Old 06-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=The car runs beautiful[/QUOTE]

You answered your own question. From much exsperiance, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it or *** with it"

Old 07-02-2007, 05:28 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: gutted Greddy SP exhaust on boosted car... 3" piping (simplsi)

yeah i know... but i just thought i'd ask around in case anybody had some feedback in the event it would be causing a problem. doesnt seem so though. thanks!

T
Old 07-02-2007, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what manifold is that and how is your a/c running
Old 07-02-2007, 06:08 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (dj9046)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dj9046 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what manifold is that and how is your a/c running</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's a TD Autowerkes fabricated manifold. they're local here about 8 blocks from me. OUTSTANDING work.

here's their info:
https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1
Old 11-17-2007, 07:06 PM

on the greddy site the sp2 was made to be straight-thru design...but i don't know about the ver1 sp