Notices

Greddy vs. South Florida Performance turbo kits - which one would be better for my EX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy vs. South Florida Performance turbo kits - which one would be better for my EX?

I know that apparently SFP kits are the bomb, but I just want to know can they make some serious power over the greddy kit for my SOHC with stock internals (but will be built up in the future) AND still be as reliable for a daily driver as the Greddy kit? I'm just wondering, because a local shop says that they can get me a full kit for only a few hundred more. Let me know, thanks.
Old 08-28-2002, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy vs. South Florida Performance turbo kits - which one would be better for my EX? (fnananon

What does the other kit include ? The greddy kit is pretty complete for what it is... but the turbo isn't that big.

The SFP turbo kit can blow your motor easily (BIG turbo for a sohc), so if you don't plan on making crazy power, the Greddy should do you justice. I have seen a Greddy sohc with simple fuel control and it flies... If you get the greddy
What does the other kit include ? The greddy kit is pretty complete for what it is... but the turbo isn't that big.

The SFP turbo kit can blow your motor easily (BIG turbo for a sohc), so if you don't plan on making crazy power, the Greddy should do you justice. I have seen a Greddy sohc with simple fuel control and it flies... If you get the greddy at a good price... despite the smaller turbo, prolly would be a good deal (comes with injectors right ?)
Old 08-28-2002, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy vs. South Florida Performance turbo kits - which one would be better for my EX? (fnananon

SFP
Old 08-28-2002, 04:46 PM

from wh at i've seen the SFP manifolds look like crap.

and who says "the bomb" anyways?
Old 08-28-2002, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They look almost the same as Maxrev to me, just that they're not stainless.