Notices

Greddy Turbo Timer decided to quit...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Turbo Timer decided to quit...

Well my Greddy Full Auto Timer has been working real nice for about a month now and recently, its decided to not keep the engine running when i take the keys out...i've gone and uninstalled everything, rewired it, check and check some more all the connections and ground, and still nothing...it powers up like its suppose to, runs when the key is taken out, but doesnt keep the engine running...anyone have any suggestions or helpful tips? before i went to the garage and redid everything, i sat in front of my computer and read about 5+ pages from the archive, and no one really had a defenite answer....TIA
Old 06-19-2003, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Turbo Timer decided to quit... (Infinity_Racer)

*bump* for Noon time
Old 06-19-2003, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That once happened to my friends apexi turbo timer, it turned out that he arched something on the battery, blew a fuse, then it shorted the turbo timer out. The timer still had the LED readout and other things, but the actual timer did not keep the car on.

Did you by accident change one of the timer settings and not realize it? If you have checked all your connections and settings and the problem still exists, then i think the timer shorted out. Call up greddy and see if they warrantee the problem. How old is it?
Old 06-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Turbo Timer decided to quit... (GudeH23a)

hmm...its about a month and a half old...got it new from a local shop...i opened it up today and i think its the relay...like it would keep the car running if i twist the wires around and stuff or if i pressed down on the timer itself...so i just wrapped electrical tape all around it and it works....for now at least...hopefully it'll be fine...if not then i'll be contacting greddy to see if i can get a new one...*crosses fingers*...damn me and my laziness to stay in the car and wait for it to cool
Old 06-19-2003, 10:39 AM

check relay
Old 06-19-2003, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Turbo Timer decided to quit... (Turbo E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">check relay</TD></TR></TABLE>

for the car? or the timer? its been working all day now...but when i let it count down till it turns off by itself, my climate control stays on and fully functional...but when i take the keys out and turn it off manually before it finishes counting down, my climate control turns off too...guess more wires to play with...