Notices

Greddy Turbo kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Turbo kit questions

I have found a guy selling his greddy turbo kit with type 24 IC, rc440s, greddy type s BOV for $2000. The kit is still on the car, he took me for a ride in the car. It seemed like everything was cool with the kit.

Problem is he doesn't have the greddy blue box and 310 injectors, but he does have missing link and vortech fmu. He's currently running an EMS.

Being that I can't afford EMS or hondata at the moment, would the missing link/vortech fmu combo work well with the 440's, until I can get AEM or honda, which will be End of July or August? Should I get walboro 250lph fuel pump and a FPR??

Manifold and downpipe adapter were red/white - which is what color I've seen all greddy kits, so this is cool right? Anyone had problems with greddy manifolds cracking?

Sorry for the long post. Anything else I should be wary about the kit? It seems fine to me since he still has it on the car, during the the ride the car threw me back in the seat around 5k+.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Greddy Turbo kit questions (MachAF)

i would suggest looking into either the V-AFC 'Hack' or the Uberteg or the SMC (i think). those are cheap fuel management system that should work for the time being all under the $200 range. if you use the fmu/missing link i believe you should get an inline fuel pump. I am not sure about the color thing, as mine has some white on it, but the manifold is kinda black still. I would highly recommend one of the previous fuel managements mentioned and wait a little bit longer for the AEM or Hondata.

Trust me do it right the first time and DONT take any shortcuts with your car or motor.