Notices

Greddy sandwich plate, Revhard oil fed kit, and Autometer oil pressure sender can I do it this way?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Greddy sandwich plate, Revhard oil fed kit, and Autometer oil pressure sender can I do it this way?

Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out how to best do my oil feed and oil pressure setup. I bought a Greddy oil filter sandwich plate and I'm so far here is what I rigged up.

I took the BSPT adapter that is supposed to go into the block and I screwed it into the Greddy plate a little just to show how all the other stuff is situated around it and the plate. I screwed in the Autometer sender into one of the BSPT adapter ports. The RH oil feed line/adapter feed into the other BSPT adapter port.

Now here is what has me a little confused. Are the two 1/8 ports on the Greddy sandwich plates BSPT or NPT? the back of the package says 1/8 PT and that's it. At first I thoght it was NPT, but I could not get my autometer sender to screw into it and that is 1/8 NPT. Then I started thinking about something...since Greddy = Trust in Japan, and the back of the package for the Greddy plates are entirely in Japanese, this got me to thinking that the ports might be BSPT.

Can anyone verify if this is correct? are all sandwich plates like this or is it just the Greddy one? what kind of pipe fitting does the Greddy plate have and what kind of pipe fitting does the GE plate have?

TIA
Old 02-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy sandwich plate, Revhard oil fed kit, and Autometer oil pressure sender can I do it this w

oh yah, and here is the pic of how I have my lines set up. Does it look like it will work, or will there be too much strain on the Greddy plate?

http://www.imagestation.com/pi...e.jpg
Old 02-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Greddy sandwich plate, Revhard oil fed kit, and Autometer oil pressure sender can I do it this w

The Greddy GREX holes are BSPT. I'm not sure who labelled it as NPT, but that is definitely not right. A friend of mine had this adapter on his car and we almost f'ed it up by forcing an NPT fitting into it.

Sonny
Old 02-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sonny &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Greddy GREX holes are BSPT. I'm not sure who labelled it as NPT, but that is definitely not right. A friend of mine had this adapter on his car and we almost f'ed it up by forcing an NPT fitting into it.

Sonny</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool, so that means I can leave my BSPT block adapter in the sammich plate then?

Also the back of the package says 1/8 PT...it didn't say NPT or BSPT, just PT. Good thing I thought about how they use metrics over in Japan and we use standard measurements.

So if I ever get a oil temp gauge installed I would have to get another male 1/8 BSPT to female 1/8" NPT for my temp sender. Now what about that big port on the Greddy plate? would you happen to know what size BSPT fitting would go in there?

EDIT: another thing too, the BSPT block adapter only goes into the Greddy plate about halfway, but that should be far enough right? ust as long as I get some teflon tape to seal it?

Thanks
Old 02-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, I had some spare adapters laying around but they are all NPT. I have a 1/2 NPT and a 3/8 NPT adapter and both of those are way too big for the large Greddy port. So I was thinking maybe the large port on the Greddy plates is a 1/4 BSPT.

Does anyone know if that's correct?

Thanks
Old 02-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for a new day, once somebody has answered this maybe I'll have it added to the FI FAQ thread. It would be nice to know that the Greddy oil filter plate uses BSPT threads and the GE and others use NPT.

I'm stil not sure if the GE plates use NPT or if they also use BSPT, so if anyone knows please post up.

Thanks

Modified by BlueShadow at 3:28 PM 2/6/2005