Greddy EManage, just want it to work!!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy EManage, just want it to work!!! HELP

on my 91 mr2 turbo..bought a used emanage...then

had it installed, including all the harness, and boost presure sensor...anyways, i finally got the clone cable in yesterday, its a serial to USB cable...well i was using my friends laptop and he doesnt have any serial hookups, so i got a serial to USB connector...after hooking it up to the emanage into the laptop it doesnt seem to work. It shows ONLINE on the bottom when i choose the right COM the USB is in, but it wont import/export any data. When I start the car it will import/export data to about 80% then throw an error code.

is it because im using this serial to usb connector? i know the clone cable is a special made cable with some chip in the middle box...sooo, im lost. i just want to 0 out this freaking thing until i can take it to a dyno.

Also, the ***** on the actual emanage unit...i did like it said in the manual, i turned each one of the main 5 until the light turned oranage(so its at 0%)...but what about the 3 ***** on the left? it says in the manual, 1 is # of cylinders and the other 2 are airflow type and to refer to the signal location map i think it was...all i could find in the back was the ecu location map...do these settings even make a difference?

my car bogs at anything over 10% throttle and builds no boost at all...im running a td06 20g, tial 38mm external gate.

please help me, im tired of dealing with this peice.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not all usb to serial cables are the same. i had to get a particular one to work on my laptop in order to run it with my AEM EMS. might have to look for a driver for it.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy EManage, just want it to work!!! HELP (turbodsm96)

Almost under all circumstances, the USB to serial adapter does not work. It never worked on my AEM, never worked on my Haltech and never worked on my E-manage. I'd suggest getting a laptop with an actual serial port.