Notices

got my car tuned by girl-racer (part II)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my car tuned by girl-racer (part II)

Okay, I just got my car back today. For those who read part I, you know that I got my car tuned at a Power Excel shop by a semi-professional girl-racer.

Her picture for all the leg humpers:

I took longer than expected, seems that the vacuum lines and other what nots wer not right so she re-did everything for me. Damn, my face is red...I stand corrected!!!

If you haven't read part I, here ya go:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=519294

I got to the shop and she greeted me with smiles. 2 or 3 guys were in there with here so I couldn't get any pictures, so the leg humpers will have to just live with the photo above.

I sat down. She wasn't wearing an apron or pigtails this time. She looked very professionally poised and ready to do business.

Your car was almost the hardest car I've ever tuned! she said half jokinglyI(untuned)

What do you mean? I asked.
Well, it was like , no power, no power, no power, slight hestitation, the BOOOM...HUGE torque rush from hell!! she giggled.

yup, that sounds like my baby i giggled with her. She then pulled out a dyno graph.
You weren't making bad numbers though. Before I tuned it, you were making 261hp@7150rpms she said pointing at the graph, Now you car is doing 293@6900rpms. Now heres the thing, you could be making a whole lot more. I estimate 330 to 350hp easily, but you got a few things to fix first

I sat forward and and listen carefully

First, your exhaust is a HUGE restriction right now...by just changing your exhaust , you can be making another 10 to 15hp. See on the graph, you are maxing out at 6900rpms...what a waste!! That engine spins past 8000rpms so you should make power up to there. That N1 exhaust is robbing 1100+rpms of power; that's 10 to 15hp on that motor!

I sighed loudly; and she smiled at me. Yup...more money ..I know. Anyways..that's #1...#2 is your injectors...450cc are only good to 270hp, but I managed to squeeze out another 20hp. Your duty cycle is very high, and you are going lean...so keep the boost low for now. I recommend 550ccs and the GT-R fuel pump if you want 330 or more.

Damn DSMs!! I thought to myself oh well...they served me well, but time to move up

Lastly, your water temp is a bit high...you should get a bigger radiator if you can...for now, I've lowered the fan activation point. She sighs Still a lot of potential to explore, but with the current setup, thats the most I can squeeze out safely. A few more changes here and there and it will be a true street warrior. Oh, and I swapped out your plugs....they are a bit too cold for this set up...I put #8's instead...the fuel will burn cleaner this way.

I thanked her and walked out and got into my car. I noticed that the seats were pushed all the up and the mirrors were pointing downwards. The steering wheel was in the highest positon. I almost laughed out loud.

After the car was decently warmed up, I pulled out and floored it and HOLY ****...the car feels great ...no hesitation, smoother pull, and the turbo was really loud for some reason. I look down at the tach and noticed it was spooling even 500rpms quicker. Damn...I love this woman!!

Modified by MiraiZ at 11:36 PM 6/12/2003
Old 06-12-2003, 05:37 AM

Default Re: got my car tuned by girl-racer (MiraiZ)

Words like that coming out of a woman's mouth is so sexy. Post the dyno!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha i just read the first one... Thats great made me laugh and thats awsome that your car was treated like that. A true racer that wanted your car to be bad ***. I like that.

**** i need to put my car on a boat when i get the EMS and 800's
Old 06-12-2003, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got my car tuned by girl-racer (sharkcohen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sharkcohen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Words like that coming out of a woman's mouth is so sexy. Post the dyno!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

After I swap the injectors out, I will be taking it to a dyno closer to me to see what numbers I can pull....this dyno is a but hard to read and racer chick wrote all over it
Old 06-12-2003, 05:45 AM

Dude you lucky dawg. **** i want her to tune my car too. To bad im not over there.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so are you running 2.5" exhaust?? is she suggesting you step up to 3"??
Old 06-12-2003, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got my car tuned by girl-racer (95hbMatt)

damn...that womans a sav!
Old 06-12-2003, 06:17 AM

Is that whp or chp? What is your torque figures and your a.f tuned to?
Old 06-12-2003, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got my car tuned by girl-racer (swlabhot)

AF is unknown, torque is like in between 225 and 230@ around 6000rpms...gotta check the graph again...and this is all WHP baby!!!

oh..and said that I should get my exhaust custom made (spoken like a pro)
Old 06-12-2003, 06:33 AM

forgot to ask how many pounds of boost?
Old 06-12-2003, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got my car tuned by girl-racer (swlabhot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swlabhot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">forgot to ask how many pounds of boost?</TD></TR></TABLE>

see sig...about .8bar which is roughly 12psi....can't go any higher because of the injectors...need the big ones...four of them
Old 06-12-2003, 07:29 AM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mizai..

If you don't want to build a custom exhaust order the 80mm Top Fuel exhaust and remove the bottle neck at the cat flange. Get on Yahoo Japan and grab some Trust 720's. Mine were only $110 shipped to my cave. I'm also running a 3bar map sensor from the Integral boost/AF meter. It's from the $1300 shop tuning meter and the $140 denso sensor plugs directly into FD3S RX-7 map sensor plug that I swiped from one of my rotor motor buds. If you still want FC Datalogit let me know.

I know that chic! She is the GODDESS of tuning Nissans.

Modified by Dee at 11:54 AM 6/12/2003
Old 06-12-2003, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got my car tuned by girl-racer (Dee)

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dee also had some good info too
Old 06-12-2003, 08:50 AM

Default Re: got my car tuned by girl-racer (SiRkid)

Damn, sounds good to me dude. Definitly post the dyno after the new injectors and exhaust.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mizai..

If you don't want to build a custom exhaust order the 80mm Top Fuel exhaust and remove the bottle neck at the cat flange. Get on Yahoo Japan and grab some Trust 720's. Mine were only $110 shipped to my cave. I'm also running a 3bar map sensor from the Integral boost/AF meter. It's from the $1300 shop tuning meter and the $140 denso sensor plugs directly into FD3S RX-7 map sensor plug that I swiped from one of my rotor motor buds. If you still want FC Datalogit let me know.

I know that chic! She is the GODDESS of tuning Nissans.

Modified by Dee at 11:54 AM 6/12/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I7ve got the Apexi 3bar map sensor, so I am cool in that dept....I will get on Yahoo tonight and look for injectors. Trust 720's?? Are the plug and play or do gotta mill these things down?

Also 80mm exhaust sounds ****** huge and loud....how much are they? Top Fuel **** (brand new) is just way out the range I wanna pay right now....I might have to live with the exhaust restriction till the end of the year....I wanna do a brake upgrade first...
Old 06-12-2003, 03:07 PM

Something I was thinking: make sure you get the injectors before the exhaust. If you free up the restriction on power with things as they are, you'll probably skate over the edge of what your 450's can handle & into lean/detonation territory. Not sure how you'd retune without having to go back to her again though.

Just my .02,

Ryan P.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: got my car tuned by girl-racer (SJP0tato)

Good numbers man. She makes it all nice and easy on telling you what you need to make more power.... to her.

One question. What is a #8 plug? What plugs are you using? NGK's have a higher number symbolizing a colder plug, Im assuming your plug manufacturer goes the opposite way.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good follow up, thanks
Old 06-12-2003, 04:26 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got my car tuned by girl-racer (FredoSP)

The Top Fuel 80mm(60000yen) is deep and mellow. If you go full custom it will hurt your wallet really bad. I'm running a ($100) reconbungulated 76mm 5Zigen from an S14 with an extra 76mm submuffler from Viren. If you know somebody that will not over-charge you for welding go to Parts Off, Up Garage or Showa and buy a 76mm exhaust that can be easily re-configured for your car.

Brakes... check out SS Works.

The Denso made Trust 720 injectors plugged directly into my stock harness but I have a OBD1 car. All I need to do is add 10ohm resistors since they are peak/hold.
Old 06-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've got the RC injector harness from import parts nd a resistor pack already, so it should be a direct swap. I'm talking about the fitment into the intake mani..the DSMs were a slight bit thicker and I suppose the trusts are gonna be the same?

As for the exhaust...60,000 isn't bad...but is that just just for the canister? If so, that is pricey considering full exhaust setups cost less than that.

As for brakes, I have my heart set on some NSX brakes. Spoons are way pricey and so are Mugens...I can get NSX twin pots for 60,000 brand new
Old 06-12-2003, 06:04 PM

I want to move to Japan

Sounds like a pretty impresive car
F-Max kit at 12psi right? OMG! Power FC must be great! What other engine mods are you running?
Old 06-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Night_Minx

If you are in Osaka, make sure you go to Mineo to check out Signal Auto.
This is Yumi, MANAGER of Signal Auto in Osaka. Super hot, super cool, speaks fluent english. The best kind of JDM there is.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:29 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got my car tuned by girl-racer (Night_Minx)

Get the SS Works brake kit goober! 100000 yen for 300mm rotors and 4 piston GTS T type calipers.

The Top Fuel 80mm is a cat back exhaust but you will need to remove the 60mm bottleneck that connects to the stock cat flange.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

100,000yen for brakes?!?!...what rocks have you been smoking? might as well get some spoons!!! besides...i a not looking for major upgrade...just a bit more stopping power and less fade than I'm getting now..

The Top Fuel exhaust (you've got my attention now)...you said ita complete cat back....what will I need to bolt it onto the stock flange.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:46 AM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

300mm rotors with 4 piston calipers and the adapter brackets for less than $1000 is a steal. Epsecially since there are a billion different types of brake pads for Skyline calipers and this kit will work with 15" rollers.

Modified by Dee at 5:23 AM 6/13/2003

Quick Reply: got my car tuned by girl-racer (part II)