Notices

Got boost creep, boost spiking, boost taper? Free dyno time

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got boost creep, boost spiking, boost taper? Free dyno time

If you are in Southern California Synapse Engineering is looking for setups that are currently experiencing boost creep, boost spiking, or boost taper. We will be performing before/after comparisons with our wastegates.

Pre-Requisites:

You must be running one of the following wastegates on your setup
*Turbonetics Deltagate/Racegate, Tial 35/38mm, Turbosmart 38mm, or JGS 38mm
*Tial 44mm (discharge must be to atmosphere)

Your vehicle must be tuned and must be in a good running condition. This means no misfires, major exhaust leaks, detonation, etc.

For your time, you will basically be getting free dyno time on a Dynapack. You will get the raw data of your Air Fuel Ratio logs. The goal will be to eliminate your boost creep/spiking/taper.

The test protocol will consist of 3 sweeps to simulate 3 different gear/load conditions. We will also run 3 additional sweeps with our wastegate to compare results.

We are looking for 3 -5 candidates that we will be scheduling in the next 3 weeks at our San Diego facility. To begin the screening process, please email over a brief synopsis of your setup, the problems you are experiencing, a pic of your engine bay with your wastegate placement and most importantly, your contact information, including your address, to info@synapseengineering.com.

This post is not for selling product, research and testing only.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EDITED:

This does seem like a great way to make a fair comparison if everything is documented correctly. I hope this doesn't turn into another arguement.

Good luck and keep us posted

Modified by Schister66 at 1:31 PM 9/17/2007
Old 09-17-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: (Schister66)

One could look at it that way. But, we're honestly here just to gather some more data.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:59 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems like a great opportunity for someone to get some free dyno time. Not only that, free spike/creep assistance.

Modified by White Smoke at 6:11 PM 9/17/2007
Old 09-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Man U FTW

Default Re: (White Smoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why even post something like that??? Seems like a great opportunity for someone to get some free dyno time. Not only that, free spike/creep assistance. </TD></TR></TABLE>

edited my post to more accurately reflect my thoughts....especially after thinking about it more
Old 09-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Uh oh...
Old 09-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hrm. in for the results.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostwerks.com)

Welp, I'm in for this.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: (White Smoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seems like a great opportunity for someone to get some free dyno time. Not only that, free spike/creep assistance.

Modified by White Smoke at 6:11 PM 9/17/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree. very cool for synapse to do so.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 PM

bump
Old 10-03-2007, 08:19 PM

bump.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (patrick4588)

I'm having huge creep, but I'm not in Ca so.....that's that. 38mm Tial is just too small to control the 30R at low boost apparently. 4psi spring is absolutely hopeless. I'm left needing to buy another gate and there is no question which one I'm buying next time.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (RC000E)

what is in it for the owner of the car ? from all the jargon i read up above, it looks like you just need some test mules for your wg's. does the owner of the car get to keep whatever it is you install on the car to help eliviate any issue ? this 'free' dyno time doesnt seem so appatizing. you arent going to be doing any tuning of any sort, correct ? just a few runs and a "swap" then a few more runs, to gather data for your business/company's knowledge. i dont see what the owner of the car gets for his/her time and wear/tear on the vehicle. im not hating. just curious
Old 10-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RC000E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm having huge creep, but I'm not in Ca so.....that's that. 38mm Tial is just too small to control the 30R at low boost apparently. 4psi spring is absolutely hopeless. I'm left needing to buy another gate and there is no question which one I'm buying next time.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i would LOVE to see images of this setup, how much boost you are trying to run and reason beind the .25bar spring

also, OmegaRed is another of Synapse Alter Egos....
Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TiAL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TiAL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

also, OmegaRed is another of Synapse Alter Egos....</TD></TR></TABLE>

How many screenames does Synapse have? Don't mods hand out bands for this?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:37 AM

why do you say he has alter ego's?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (S2KP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S2KP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How many screenames does Synapse have? Don't mods hand out bands for this? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know of 4 so far that have been identified on this board publicly.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by patrick4588 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do you say he has alter ego's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

because he has multiple screen names on here... they have been publicly identified by mods. in previous threads and he was warned about doing it as I recall.

edit: RC000E, great addition to the thread... basically a useless post since your not in the CA area or will be willing to go there. Instead it looks to be yet another poke at tial product that looks to be intended to stir up the old drama... between your consistant comments about tial or their product and your sig. we can tell you are biased. So why not switch to what you are convinced will work and find out if thats the problem instead of bitching about something you do nothing about.

sorry to stray off topic... carry on.

Modified by twkdCD595 at 12:11 PM 10/4/2007
Old 10-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TiAL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

... and that's pretty f#cking lame...
Old 10-04-2007, 08:55 AM

off topic i know, but im wondering why he has "alter egos".
Old 10-04-2007, 08:57 AM

by "Alter Egos", i hope you mean Employees. because not everyone has access to the Synapse screen name in this company.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (OmegaRed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OmegaRed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i agree. very cool for US to do so. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm sure you do Trying to sway public opinion. Smart, but shady.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (thewrai6th)

So do they get to keep the new WG?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OmegaRed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

by "Alter Egos", i hope you mean Employees. because not everyone has access to the Synapse screen name in this company.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
no, i mean you, peter, synapse, 03si, omegared, bigblockboostin etc etc etc

Modified by TiAL at 10:20 AM 10/4/2007
Old 10-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>
well, if your all just "employee's at the company" then why wouldn't you support Synapse by putting it in your sig
Old 10-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just exactly as indicated by the reply above from thewrai6th and jmm86gsr...

When you post in the 3rd person or give no indication that your synapse or an employee... your just taken as a random user passing though/ adding input. You are part of synapse so why speak like your not or did you not indicate anything about being an employee in this or any of your previous posts.

Given the many names synapse has created so far and you not admiting to be synapse until tial calls you on it... seems kinda like the same shady business that has been praticed before. Contributing to your own threads via other accounts to make yourself look better in some way or using those other accounts to attack someone is underhanded bad business . Factor in the comments, claims, videos, etc you have made in here or other forums everyone here is not aware of (like the one screencap'd in tials sig)... it appears you will do whatever it takes to make your mark, with no regard for others.

BACK TO THE TOPIC though as I dont want to continue to thread jack this any further as I am done stating what is becoming obvious to more people. I look forward to your testing. I am sure it will be well documented and done with the most respect for fair/ balanced scientific process no matter what the results, given your previous approach to business we have seen.

Quick Reply: Got boost creep, boost spiking, boost taper? Free dyno time