Notices

is goona bewell need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advice...

ok well I am currently building a d16z6 for turbo, my question is how dependable is this goona be? I need something that I drive around almost daily and still take it to the track and beat on it and I can still drive around with no worries that it's gonna break on me. I need some advice because I have thrown so much money in the motor already, and at my local machine shop they said if I don't put the motor in the car at all they would basically give me all my money back for the work because he would like to have the motor to thrown in his car, so basically by the motor from me for what I paid for.

My current set-up

CP pistons
Eagle Rods
Darton Sleeves
Stock crank
Fully port and polished head
Skunk2 Valves, springs, retainers
Skunk2 Pro-cam
Skunk2 Pro- IM
Hondata IM Gasket
Blox TB
RC 1000cc Injectors
Eagle Fuel Rail
B&M FPR
Walbro 255 FP
Hondata s300

So far this is what I have to do the break in then turbo setup later on, like I said I really haven't decided to put the motor in my car or not, this is why I really need some advice if I should do it not. After throwing all the money into it I don't want it to break.

So should I sell it or go ahead and keep it?

Just to let you guys know, I am only 17 years old, i'm working my *** off paying for all this, so I really need advice because if it breaks i'm screwed. Like I said I don't have alot of experience and want to hear from those who do.

Thanks
Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 AM

ttt what should I do guys? sell it and wait to get a b-series and build that for turbo in the future or just go ahead and stay SOHC turbo?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ ITO)

If you already have the engine done your more than half way there. The reliability is something that no one can answer. It depends on your driving style, the quality and tolerances of the build, and the tune, and how you maintain your vehicle. With a modified car there are always chances something can break.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (swappedcx)

I would stay SOHC, but I recommend break it in somewhat hard on OEM injectors and a base tune, because there is a good chance of the rings nto seating correctly if you beak it in on those injectors;

too much fuel washed the oil off the cylinder walls during break-in, and this could be a very bad thing.

After first warmup, the first 20-30 min of driving are the most important!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:46 AM

yeah well i'm not some little ricer going popping vtec every corner I come out of, you will rarely see me punching it on the street, but I do go to the track at least 3 times a month, that's why i'm asking how peples setups's are going along?

I want to be able to drive it almost daily and still go to the track and still be able to drive home with no problem. I need some people that have alot of experience with sohc's, how is it going? How long did it last?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: (swappedcx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swappedcx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you already have the engine done your more than half way there. The reliability is something that no one can answer. It depends on your driving style, the quality and tolerances of the build, and the tune, and how you maintain your vehicle. With a modified car there are always chances something can break. </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 12-03-2007, 05:15 PM

well I decided to keep it guys, thanks for the support, ima update with pics of it and the wire tuck I did