Notices

golden eagle sleeves problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default golden eagle sleeves problem

i have one of my sleeves sink....should i redec it or put in new sleeves..............help....oil mix coolant...milky oil...
Old 11-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

youre sure its s sunk sleeve and not just a blown head gasket?
Old 11-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CoreyR
youre sure its s sunk sleeve and not just a blown head gasket?
have a straight edge to measure.and sure one sleeves sink
Old 11-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by avotegra
have a straight edge to measure.and sure one sleeves sink
post pics
they dont sink.. they are stepped in the block..unless GE didnt installthem themselves.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:00 PM
rota92

Everyone that has a specific part problem should really call up the company first, all it takes is an idiot to come across a thread like this and not open it up and thing the product is trash.

How many thou is one of the sleeves sunk? Call Rob @ GE and he can help diagnose it and take care of you if need be

Old 11-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rota92
Everyone that has a specific part problem should really call up the company first, all it takes is an idiot to come across a thread like this and not open it up and thing the product is trash.

How many thou is one of the sleeves sunk? Call Rob @ GE and he can help diagnose it and take care of you if need be
yah and they charge a shitload of money to replace it.....i call up a guy..and he say...yes send it over and will fix it up for you....money talk.......will you have to pay shipping and all that........but if we check sleeves was not cause by us then you will have to pay to resleeves it...that like 800buck...with our shipping.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yah and they charge a shitload of money to replace it.....i call up a guy..and he say...yes send it over and will fix it up for you....money talk.......will you have to pay shipping and all that........but if we check sleeves was not cause by us then you will have to pay to resleeves it...that like 800buck...with our shipping.

I know for a FACT that if GE sleeved it themselves its not gonna cost 800 to resleeve it. You shouldnt even have this thread up. Contact Golden Eagle... Its rare that one of their blocks ****s up. If some local shop installed them its not a GE issue, its the machine shop that installed them...

Post Pics... with reference to flatness. My bet is that it wasnt sleeved by them ( I could be wrong, but have a funny feeling I'm onto something)... Its virtually impossible for a sleeve to sink with their method. If I remember right, the sleeves are step deccked... that being between .001- and .003 higher on the sleeves than the surface of the block. Youve left alot of info out, such as if they are the old godzilla sleeves, or the new HDs... If this was a block YOU had sleeved that supposedly failed or some **** you bought that your unaware of its exact origns... and MOST importantly WHO installed them and How you know it to be true.

Im making Well over 600WHP onm the third bore on my GE sleeves and I beat the **** out of the car, have YET to touch the deck and have had 0 issues.

SWOmething doesnt add up.

This post is worthless without pics and more info.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:19 AM
HT White Ops

Holly smokes, did you go to school?

A sunken sleeve is 9 out of 10 times the manufacture not installing them correct or an older style sleeve. If these are indeed their newer sleeves it would be almost impossible for the sleeve to sink being that its sitting on a ledge. I guess its possible for the sleeve to sink but its highly unlikely because of that ledge/lip the sleeve sits on. What GE sleeves are they? If it happens to be the newer sleeves its most likely a install issue since it would take a **** load of damage to get those sleeves to sink. Your gonna have to pay for shipping unless you work something out with them. Talk to him about it and be nice, a good attitude goes a long way.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:21 AM
HT White Ops

Originally Posted by extralargenog
I know for a FACT that if GE sleeved it themselves its not gonna cost 800 to resleeve it. You shouldnt even have this thread up. Contact Golden Eagle... Its rare that one of their blocks ****s up. If some local shop installed them its not a GE issue, its the machine shop that installed them...

Post Pics... with reference to flatness. My bet is that it wasnt sleeved by them ( I could be wrong, but have a funny feeling I'm onto something)... Its virtually impossible for a sleeve to sink with their method. If I remember right, the sleeves are step deccked... that being between .001- and .003 higher on the sleeves than the surface of the block. Youve left alot of info out, such as if they are the old godzilla sleeves, or the new HDs... If this was a block YOU had sleeved that supposedly failed or some **** you bought that your unaware of its exact origns... and MOST importantly WHO installed them and How you know it to be true.

Im making Well over 600WHP onm the third bore on my GE sleeves and I beat the **** out of the car, have YET to touch the deck and have had 0 issues.

SWOmething doesnt add up.

This post is worthless without pics and more info.
GE does not sell its sleeves out right to anyone. So if indeed these are GE sleeves they were installed by GE no ands if or buts about it..

I never got my hug....
Old 11-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
GE does not sell its sleeves out right to anyone. So if indeed these are GE sleeves they were installed by GE no ands if or buts about it..

I never got my hug....
with or without a reach around??? LOL.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:22 AM
HT White Ops

Originally Posted by extralargenog
with or without a reach around??? LOL.
no comment!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I once thought I have a problem with my GE sleeve's. I sent them the block and they hooked me up. it wasn't the block to make a long story short and they even machined O-rings. now I have no more problems. These are there HD sleeves. I thought one sank too. to let you know something, you can't have any machine shop redeck it. GE is the only one for those sleeves because they have a special process. rob is a good guy.

you got the sleeve's done, now quit being cheap and get it checked out before you really lose out on what you have.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

$800 that's insane, I doubt GE quoted you that. My buddy sent in his block to them about one week ago and the bill came out to be around $630 total with shipping. You might want to give them a second call, maybe some words got mixed up.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:11 AM

customer called me yesterday. he stated he had the block sleeved a year ago and that it sunk a sleeve. after asking some questions about the block to see if he bought it direct or through a distributor, so i could try and look up to see when we did the block. he then informed me that he bought it used and that he had it decked when he purchased the block. I informed him that he should not have done that and that he can send the block in, but warranty was voided. I told him to send it in. if we find that we did something wrong we would still fix the problem. He then asked me "how much it would cost to fix it if its not something we did", I told him we can resleeve it for $550.00 + shipping of around $60.00. Customer said no problem, and would send in the block. please contact us for further questions so we can get this resolved asap.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^Thanks for clearing this up. There's no need for this thread since the OP should have worked with GE rather than spreading hate around on HT. I hope this gets resolved in a timely manner