Notices

Golden Eagle Mfg.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Golden Eagle Mfg.

O.K. First post will address :

C-Redum who is the person who started the whole Golden Eagle F'ed my block post. First of all, we did not mess up on his block at all. It is perfect, I will give you his mechanics number and you can speak with him directly. The problem was the dowel pins, which locate the head, were too long, about .070" too long or about the width of a standard pencil lead. This is what was causing the block to leak oil and water, plus this will cause the headgasket to fail almost immediately. The pins were holding the head up too high which is a mistake that happens quite often, honest mistake, but not ours at all. It is not our responsibility to check this, it is the motor builder duty to perform certain checklist to determine the cause of the problems. Also, as for his line bore, that is not our responibility since when you send the block, we ask you to send it without mains. How can we check the line bore without mains????? Unless otherwise asked by our customer to do so, it is then the responsibility of the motor builder to determine if a line bore needs to be adjusted or not. No one is at fault if it does need some work, not us or your motor builder, this is just nature of the beast. Whenever you remove material from a casting, as we do when we prep the block for sleeves, there is a good possibility for warpage due to stress relief from the casting itself. This can cause the line bore to misalign. We DID NOT send out an unfinished product, we DID NOT damage anyones property, we DID NOT "F" up C-Redum's block in any way, shape or form. This is just a reminder of how one misinformed person can cause a wave of bashing to a company that does not deserve it. Thanks for taking the time to research your problem before flaming me, C-Redum. Mind you, he is only 17 years old and cannot understand the full impact this type of **** talk can do to a company. Lesson number one Casey, If you have a problem, call the person first! Find out the real deal. We were not at fault. I don't expect you to come here and apologize, after all, your know it all at 17. Just please for the sake of wasted time and energy, do your homework ( including the stuff from High School )

I will read through the Golden Eagle bashing post and reply to the next person in order. I will not reply to this post, so please don't expect me to. Thanks for your time!!!

Vince Tiaga
Golden Eagle Mfg.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (V8KILR)

My brake rotors are warped. I think Golden Eagle should fix them.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:55 AM
Future Texas Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My block, and all the customers blocks I`ve referred, are dandy.

Ryan
Old 11-26-2002, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (vtecvoodoo)

Good to hear his side. Though I have heard good and bad about his company in many situations..Oh well thats always how it is, everyone cant be happy
Old 11-26-2002, 10:01 AM

Hey there, sorry your company is getting bashed by this poor guy, who obviously spent a lot of money on his motor, only for it to not run right. So no, he shouldn't have gone off on you before he really knew what the problem was, but you are an IDIOT for thinking that age discrimination is going to re-establish your company's credibility on this board. A lot of us on this board aren't much over 17, and you may have done yourself a lot more harm then good with the prejudicial remarks your post contained.

I guess when I decide who I'll be sending my motor to, I'll ask myself a few questions:

1. Will I trust GE to re-sleeve my motor for me? Maybe...
2. Is the representative of that company with whom I'll have to deal going to respond to a situation with any maturity, should something bad happen? Doubtful..

Nick
Old 11-26-2002, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (Nikolai)

So no, he shouldn't have gone off on you before he really knew what the problem was, but you are an IDIOT for thinking that age discrimination is going to re-establish your company's credibility on this board. A lot of us on this board aren't much over 17, and you may have done yourself a lot more harm then good with the prejudicial remarks your post contained.
shut up
Old 11-26-2002, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (CheezeFrog)

shut up
Another brilliant response....
Old 11-26-2002, 10:10 AM
B*A*N*N*E*D

WOW. lighten up, im pretty sure the age thing is all in jest.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Uh.. I don't think Vince was discriminating ALL youngsters. He's merely pointing out how THIS kid went running his mouth when he didn't know what he was doing, and poking a little fun at his age. Fact of the matter is, before you go running your mouth about a person/company, you better be damn sure you're right, because slandering a company effects more than just one person.

-Mike

[Modified by SlowTeg, 2:12 PM 11/26/2002]
Old 11-26-2002, 10:19 AM
New User

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (SlowTeg)

I do feel that the age part of Vince's post was totally inappropriate. So what if he's 17 years old, if he waas 57 years old would they have said he's so old and you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Age should not have been brought out, Vince ain't that old either, Ted may be. Look at some of the young people on here who have launched their own companies or started their own products FRESH College students.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (SlowTeg)

You might say that age doesnt have anything to do with this, but you are wrong. You can sit in front of your computer and READ all you want about the engine building process, but being good at it takes YEARS of experience that a 17 year old just doesnt have......
Old 11-26-2002, 10:30 AM
New User

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (genop)

And you're 20 years old so you wouldn't know anything about putting a motor together right? Age is not an issue, true experience goes a long way, some people started into cars with mini bikes and go karts so they started messing with this stuff at a young age. Only point I made was his age was discriminated against and was a poor lash out at him!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You might say that age doesnt have anything to do with this, but you are wrong. You can sit in front of your computer and READ all you want about the engine building process, but being good at it takes YEARS of experience that a 17 year old just doesnt have......
true... heck i didnt know anything at 17 that i do now 10 years later i can put together a beast of bseries motor
Old 11-26-2002, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (Boostfed)

Boostfed, your right I am 20 years old but I never claimed to know everything about putting a motor together in good time I hope to know much more. I have installed pistons and rods in my motor and made some mistakes that I wont make next time because I now have that EXPERIENCE. I am sure that the people at GE will assume that you know what you are doing if you have a block sleeved by them. A sleeved block is a performance part and they assume you are professional enough to check every clearance and know what to expect when buying their product.....I'm sure every good engine builder on this board knows that installing sleeves can screw up the align bore. Point being, dont buy this sort of product unless you are experienced or have a builder that is experienced and knows how to use the product and what to expect when you get it back.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (Boostfed)

Age is not an issue, true experience goes a long way, some people started into cars with mini bikes and go karts so they started messing with this stuff at a young age. Only point I made was his age was discriminated against and was a poor lash out at him!
Vince gave C-Redum the block assuming he would have used the right parts to slap it all together correctly -- no age discrimination there. Maybe there should have been? Maybe after realizing that he was only 17, Vince could have offered C-Redum some tips on assembly of the motor and none of this would have been a problem in the first place?
Old 11-26-2002, 10:50 AM

Damn, I was just making a little fun. Your are right, age is not everything, it is ALL experience. All I was refering to was that this guy didn't have the experience to think some things through. It was in no way a bash on him fo being young, just inexperienced, which is fine, but comes with some down falls like the ones that have been seen in his bashing posts when all the bashing was uneeded. Lighten up people
Old 11-26-2002, 10:55 AM

Fair enough, but as a 21-year-old, I'm not claiming to be an all-knowing, all-powerful engine building God. I'm simply a potential customer, just as many others out there who may even be 16, heaven forbid. I just spent a weekend at Texas World Speedway, being "fuel guy" for a 17-year-old driver, who took 3rd of about 30 in the Spec-Miata class. I'm just trying to say that age shouldn't matter for squat in this world, because there are a lot of teenagers that show more wisdom, knowledge, and maturaty than those that are twice as old. The stereotype is just getting old.

Also, I had not read the going-on-5 page-long post before I came on here today and commente on the age issue. My comment was completely ignorant/neutral of the real issue at hand. Regardless, after reading this one post, I don't trust Vince, period. I merely had to read words from his hand to arrive at that conclusion, much less the ranting going on elsewhere. Anyhow, I'm off to work now. Good luck with everything.

Nick
Old 11-26-2002, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Let me clarify my statement. If you were brought up building motors your entire life, then yes, you could have the experience you need at the age of 17. But if you were brought up your entire life building motors you wouldnt be on this board complaining about how someone else fucked up your block. My point is that there are a lot of spoiled rich kids that buy this kind of stuff and have no idea what to do with it. That statement is not dirrected to anyone in particular, so lets not get all defensive.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dayum, 17 and he got that much loot !!? daddy?
Old 11-26-2002, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (chameleon)

This is about to get dirty
Old 11-26-2002, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (chameleon)

dayum, 17 and he got that much loot !!? daddy?
ROFL here come all the fish to take your bait Just watch...
Old 11-26-2002, 11:21 AM

With kindest reguards..........................
All I can say is that I'm glad this was resolved. I never had issues with GEM like what has been posted lately. And I can see it was a problem with looking over a small detail.....and look how that affected things?
Ted which some people complain about as being rude or what not, has been nothing more than outstanding when dealing with my orders, questions, and requests. Vince is also equally helpful. Heck even the secretary returns my calls and is very nice. To sum things up GEM does good work and I'm glad the real problem has been posted to hopfully clear up some of this mess.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:31 AM

Vince I'm glad you are on here straightening things out. I was about to ship out a few blocks and have to decided to hold off for a few weeks and see what come from all of this. So it is true that what has been said on here could be affecting your buisness. Have you guys ever had any sleeves sink and if so what was the cause of it. What do you guys do to make sure it never happens?

Thanks
Old 11-26-2002, 11:51 AM
New User

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (hybrid901)

I have spoken to a good reliable source who deals with GE exclusively and stated they have had problems sinking. No names at all!
Old 11-26-2002, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Golden Eagle Mfg. (hybrid901)

I just wanted to mention that his age comment seemed aimed at C-Redrum's impulsiveness and general hotheaded nature in immediately proclaiming that GE had messed up his block, when clearly there was a much greater chance that something had been installed incorrectly, whether through negligence or a simple mistake, and it turns out that was the real problem in this situation.

I can understand Vince's anger 100%. This kind of thing lingers in rumor form for months to years in the automotive industry. IE: "Oh, company XYZ's cams break" or "My sister's friend's cousin had XYZ's ABC product in his car and it broke/exploded/fell apart and made his car break/run into a bus/play music like an ice cream truck."

Reputation is everything in this industry, and if you are mindlessly bashing a company's products or services on a public forum without PROVING that it was their product at fault and then RESPONSIBLY approaching that company to seek replacement/compensation through PROPER CHANNELS, you deserve a swift kick to the head.

Quick Reply: Golden Eagle Mfg.