Notices

Godspeed turbo kit?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Godspeed turbo kit?!

i have a SiR b16a and i have been wanting to boost it, and i have seen a godspeed turbo kit for about $700 with everything but fuelpump, fuel injectors, etc. its a cheap kit and i know you get what you pay for, but almost everything is cast, thats strong for a turbo setup...right? it looks like it would be a good setup. i would invest in a better bov and possibly a westgate. megan racing has stepped their game up, so i was wondering has godspeed done the same? please!!!! any advice will help. thank you

this is the link to the ebay webpage. i dont know how long it will be up for sale. i will try and keep posting new links so you can look at pictures and see what i see

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/b-ser...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Godspeed turbo kit?!

Originally Posted by joexjoex44
i have a SiR b16a and i have been wanting to boost it, and i have seen a godspeed turbo kit for about $700 with everything but fuelpump, fuel injectors, etc. its a cheap kit and i know you get what you pay for, but almost everything is cast, thats strong for a turbo setup...right? it looks like it would be a good setup. i would invest in a better bov and possibly a westgate. megan racing has stepped their game up, so i was wondering has godspeed done the same? please!!!! any advice will help. thank you

this is the link to the ebay webpage. i dont know how long it will be up for sale. i will try and keep posting new links so you can look at pictures and see what i see

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/b-ser...Q5fAccessories
Maybe there's a reason it has a name like that ..........
Old 12-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I would reccomend just piece a kit toghter.
I cannot speak to the quality of the godspeed piece. But there is a reason why some kits run 2500-4500+.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

main reason kits cost 1000 more is because your getting a better quality waste gate and turbo. usually the weak points to these ebay kits. if u don't mind replacing turbo components later on down the road id say go for it most the kit seems to be on a stable reliable platform. the turbos they say are getting better off ebay but they are hit or miss most are not balanced properly. waste gate firing rings end up turning to shyt or the springs fail. its all in your preference i got my edelbrock kit and never had a problem with any of it.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Junk
Old 12-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

not worth how much they are asking. you can piece it together for less on ebay. stick to cast mani and nothing flashy. my ebay w.g. holds 6lbs just fine with my setup till I get my mac solenoid so I can do boost by gear. if this is your first setup you will def learn alot on putting it together. just take your time and make sure you have a few spare bucks in the bank just incase you have something unexpected come up.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any idea where i could find a decent kit? all i ever find on ebay is a crap kit with a brand name turbo. i really dont wanna spend over $1000 on a KIT. i will end up replacing other things down the road. i know full race makes an awesome kit. but i dont have $5000 dollars right now.... thank you for all who have posted
Old 12-23-2010, 02:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

but a turbo, manifold, wastegate, intercooler and bov along with a harbor freight welder and some 3" and 2.5" mandrel bends and build your own down pipe, charge pipes and dump tube. if you take your time it will come out pretty nice for alot cheaper then you can buy a kit that will have to be modified to get to fit right.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^ lol this guy^^^... if you cant afford to do it right save until you can there is a reason why its only 1000 dollars to piece together a kit off ebay and the reason is is its junk.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

stfu. no one asked you. its not that I can't afford it. you should see my bank account buddy but there is a reason I have money. its because Im really tight with it, I haven't had to work in over a year and Im doing just fine while still paying down the house that I own

but ya don't listen to chumps like this guy. you can build a car on a budget and have a ton of fun with it. who cares if people on the internet will think your cool or not cause you don't have a 5k $ kit. if you can piece together something that you can go out and beat on and if it puts a smile on your face thats all that matters.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^ lol nice sig trevor haha!!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol sweet but you still a douche bag with a slow car... my slow car makes more power than yours on the motor, and im still sitting on loot....

Edit: and until your car runs a number on a setup that you built and tuned compketly by yourself your opinion is worthless. I think its funny you have such a strong opinion about how great ebay **** is when your bucket makes 200hp... burn
Old 12-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the help. any websites i should know about? how to build a kit or where i could buy one?
Old 12-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PFI_NAYR_ONE
Lol sweet but you still a douche bag with a slow car... my slow car makes more power than yours on the motor, and im still sitting on loot....

Edit: and until your car runs a number on a setup that you built and tuned compketly by yourself your opinion is worthless. I think its funny you have such a strong opinion about how great ebay **** is when your bucket makes 200hp... burn
lol. I do build and tune my self. and its all good man I got nothing to prove. my sohc actually makes quite a bit less then 200whp right now lol cause Im not done tuning it and my w.g. spring was less then it was supposed to be but like I said I really have nothing to prove. I have plenty of friends and I don't need to put people down or make them feel lesser to make myself feel better.

I also never said once that ebay stuff is great. look at the ebay thread I started. I have facts in there on what I have used and how well it worked for me. I don't like just throwing out there that its useless junk that no body should touch cause thats not true. why put a 5k dollar turbo kit on a 3k dollar car?
Old 12-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by joexjoex44
thanks for the help. any websites i should know about? how to build a kit or where i could buy one?
just look around on ebay. some parts manufacturers that Iv had good luck with and was suprized by how good the quality was was emusa and wyntomn. stick to cast iron mani and don't go for fancy stuff and you should be alright. also read into how important tuning is and how necessary it is to get the right fuel pump, injectors and tune for your car. you can cheap out on some stuff but don't run a FMU and a missing link because your too cheap to tune your car.

Originally Posted by boosted94gsr
^^^ lol nice sig trevor haha!!
I do it for the kids
Old 12-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Right now on a site called Team Integra their is a t3t4b turbonetics kit ... good for 350hp from a good seller it is used and goiing for around $1000. buy a good used kit. I think you will be alot more happy
Old 12-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im sure you do tune it yourself since it makes less than 200 on 7 lbs... I have tuned cars on 7 lbs on turbo kits that were not up to my apearantly high standards that made 230ish on single cams without vtec...

but anyway sorry to thread jack but you can buy a decent turbo for around 700 from any number of places same with a gate and a cast manifold for a decent price and a 300 fmic and make some pipes for little more than you would have spent on an "ebay kit" im not saying your kit needs to cost a million dollars but the ebay gates rip the diaphrams and the turbos are all off balance and have shitty seals from the start and will fall apart and why deal with that when you can buy something nice from the start from a company that backs their product.... most of the hardware that comes with the "ebay kits" is also junk they come with those shitty layered gaskets and oil lines that leak and fittings that are usually garbage... im not saying all this to put anyone down. its just i have had plenty of people bring these kits to me to install and most of the time i have to replace half the kit and then eventually they come back to replace the rest after they have a ton of problems and headaches. and then it ends up costing more than it would have to do it right in the first place.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is true. most of the issue with the diaphragm ripping is because the banjo bolt that threads into the w.g. is too long and it rubs on the diaphragm. so easy fix is to grind the bolt down so it doesn't rub.

as for your accomplishments you act like my turbo d is the only motor Iv had. fyi my prelude motor in a full weigh ef sedan with full quiet exhaust ran a better time on the first pass, all motor, then your K car does. just sayin. lets not turn this into a bitching fit because were both car guys.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im not trying to rub any of that **** in anyones face as far as my cars are concerned i consider them both slow but i do race at a track thats more than a mile above see level...and i dont think there is anything wrong with turbo d series cars i have like 6 friends that run 10s with d series engines but its the choice of parts that some people use that bother me. people use cheap **** and then it breaks or doesnt perform the way they think it should and all of a sudden its the tuner/mechanics fault i see it all the time. if people bought quality **** all the time than nobody would have a reason to complain unless of course it was actually the tuner/mechanics fault.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I do all my own work so you have nothing to worry about then lol. I built my whole car from the ground up and I know its not anything special or fast but I do enjoy it. I feel that the faster a car is most of the time the more stressful it is. so I built a piece of **** that I can beat on and abuse and not have a care in the world. If I was trying to go fast a honda wouldn't be my first choice.

do you have any more info on that non v sohc that made 230whp on 7lbs? not trying to call you out just interested in the setup as my old z6 made that same power on 1 bar lol.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It was a y7 with a 57 trim t3 from turbonetics with a deltagate and an old bar and fin ic of some kind its was a fresh engine though new rings and bearings and such i tuned it on s300 made those numbers and lasted till the kid wrecked the car probably 3-4 months beating on it every day... it had an open exaust and a fairly deadly amount of timing though for 91 octane
Old 12-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how much timing lol. Im trying to figure out where about my ign timing needs to be on my mini me. when I first put it together I thought I had pulled more then enough but after the first pull I pulled the plugs to find some specs, so I pulled a bunch more timing then did another pull and still found some specs.. I pulled some more and it got pretty gutless so Iv been slowly adding it back in. wish I had a dyno to use or at least a laptop battery that lasted longer then 10 minutes lol.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh gawd.. always comparing this and that.. people will never learn.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get back to your na section.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K7-1Ktrevor
get back to your na section.

Just as much as a turbo guy as the next .

Quick Reply: Godspeed turbo kit?!