Notices

Go-Autoworks Pro Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 09:02 AM
WSA
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go-Autoworks Pro Kit

I am wondering what you guys think of using this kit on a stock gsr. Only looking to make about 250-300 whp. The kit says for 400-550. I was thinking the t3/t4 .63ar 57 trim. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:05 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Go-Autoworks Pro Kit

Originally Posted by WSA
I am wondering what you guys think of using this kit on a stock gsr. Only looking to make about 250-300 whp. The kit says for 400-550. I was thinking the t3/t4 .63ar 57 trim. Let me know what you guys think.
For that power level, Tuner kit > Pro Kit. You can even do 400whp on the tuner kit without hiccups.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They make very nice kits, but I agree that the tuner kit would be the wise buy for your hp goals.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:37 PM
WSA
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds good thanks. Thats kinda what i figured I just like the look of the ramhorn over the log manifold. I suppose i can have that substituted into the tuner kit though?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:43 PM

There's no reason for the Kooks "Ramhorn" at all. that's why we are suggesting tuner kit over Pro kit. I know it looks cool and all, but not needed for what you're trying to accomplish here.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You say 300 hp goal now but once you get it up and running you will want more power and boost and then the ramhorn will be benificial...my vote is get the ram horn kit with the t3/t4 57 trim .63 it gives you room to grow!
Originally Posted by TheShodan
There's no reason for the Kooks "Ramhorn" at all. that's why we are suggesting tuner kit over Pro kit. I know it looks cool and all, but not needed for what you're trying to accomplish here.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by sleepencivic
You say 300 hp goal now but once you get it up and running you will want more power and boost and then the ramhorn will be benificial...my vote is get the ram horn kit with the t3/t4 57 trim .63 it gives you room to grow!
So far over 475whp on the Tuner series style log. "growing more" is still no reason to get one. Check out californiadad thread.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you made 475 whp on a log manifold ? shodan.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I made 440 on mine on a d16.. It was even a eBay one
Old 07-31-2012, 01:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

TheShodan, the tuner kit has multiple turbo options which one for 300whp for OP?

i was also wonder which turbo from the tuner kit for 400-500 for lsv(gsr head), stock sleeve 10:1 cr, type r cams/IM. street/strip car 92oct gas, im not worried about revving high like 9k too if that matters

Last edited by civickiller; 07-31-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Heres an example for you

Pro Kit on a 9:1 D16 using our Spec turbo Option (E85)
(powerban)

250-300 is a fairly easy on a B to make. We've had customers make that on our Basic Street Kit

...any kit listed will make it easily.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just because a log can make that much power doesn’t mean that you should run a Log over a Ram if you have a choice! If you do run the log your leaving a lot of power at the table with the same setup and boost. Shodan I’m sure you have read the Log vs Ram testing that full race performed but for the guys that didn’t the link is below.

For the ones that don’t enjoy a good read I will summarize the article...

You will make more power and have a better power band with the Ram over the Log every time especially in the upper RPM range. There test was only on wastegate pressure and the gains would of been greater at a higher boost pressure. But the log did spool about 300 RPM sooner at the same boost pressure. When Full Race did there dyno test the Ram produced about 50 whp and 50 wtq more than the Log at the same boost pressure and setup!

I will take a ram over the log any day and I have had both but its your choice! If you have to get a log get the inline pro manifold Go-autoworks can make you a complete kit based around this manifold!!

http://www.full-race.com/articles/Bs...st_writeup.pdf

So far over 475whp on the Tuner series style log. "growing more" is still no reason to get one. Check out californiadad thread.

Last edited by sleepencivic; 07-31-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great kits and very good prices. I will be getting the B series Tuner kit once I can save up the money to do it all.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by phaphon
you made 475 whp on a log manifold ? shodan.
I've done that on another car I had. Californiadad is currently making that power on the same style log from Spoolin' Performance with his Silver surfer. Quite a few in the SRT-4 and DSM world do that as well. When the manifold is well-constructed, even with a bit of exhaust backpressure, its still very capable of making that power without it being too high, and velocity still being optimal.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:46 AM

Just because a log can make that much power doesn’t mean that you should run a Log over a Ram if you have a choice! If you do run the log your leaving a lot of power at the table with the same setup and boost. Shodan I’m sure you have read the Log vs Ram testing that full race performed but for the guys that didn’t the link is below.

For the ones that don’t enjoy a good read I will summarize the article...

You will make more power and have a better power band with the Ram over the Log every time especially in the upper RPM range. There test was only on wastegate pressure and the gains would of been greater at a higher boost pressure. But the log did spool about 300 RPM sooner at the same boost pressure. When Full Race did there dyno test the Ram produced about 50 whp and 50 wtq more than the Log at the same boost pressure and setup!

I will take a ram over the log any day and I have had both but its your choice! If you have to get a log get the inline pro manifold Go-autoworks can make you a complete kit based around this manifold!!

http://www.full-race.com/articles/Bs...st_writeup.pdf
The turbo I made was part of that study. There's a difference between exhaust energy velocity and VOLUME. I'm not saying that there is never a use for the Kooks-style manifolds, I'm simply saying that its not warranted as early as you think in the pursuit of both power and response, especially in reference to the OP who still may have A/C, power steering, full-sized radiator, and other concerns.

This is why I'm looking at the OPs needs. Not what we would do if we had his money. I'm glad you like the Kooks, but its not for everyone. For some reason, people on H-T still get skiddish and get way overboard, to justify the "in-case-you-want-to-grow" argument
Old 07-31-2012, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a Ram in my JDM front integra now with ac, ps, full size radiator with the GT3540s and a 3 inch down pipe so that isnt a problem he can work around it even if he needs all the amenities! I think if he gets the log he will regret not spending the extra money for the ramhorn, I know I did the first turbo kit I put together used a P-fab log I out grew that setup in a year and moved on to bigger and better manifold designs.

The turbo I made was part of that study. There's a difference between exhaust energy velocity and VOLUME. I'm not saying that there is never a use for the Kooks-style manifolds, I'm simply saying that its not warranted as early as you think in the pursuit of both power and response, especially in reference to the OP who still may have A/C, power steering, full-sized radiator, and other concerns.

This is why I'm looking at the OPs needs. Not what we would do if we had his money. I'm glad you like the Kooks, but its not for everyone. For some reason, people on H-T still get skiddish and get way overboard, to justify the "in-case-you-want-to-grow" argument
Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 AM

I have a Ram in my JDM front integra now with ac, ps, full size radiator with the GT3540s and a 3 inch down pipe so that isnt a problem he can work around it even if he needs all the amenities! I think if he gets the log he will regret not spending the extra money for the ramhorn, I know I did the first turbo kit I put together used a P-fab log I out grew that setup in a year and moved on to bigger and better manifold designs.
Yes.. Because you have GT3540S capable of over 650whp, over 2.5 times what he's asking for.. In that case, yes, a Kooks makes more sense. However, the OP needs to understand that he can use that same Kooks if he shaves the A/C bracket, change its bolts, etc.. etc. But for now, let's just agree to disagree for this case because in the end it is up to the OP. Now that he knows his choices and can make a more informed decision for his particular goals.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I hear you man, my car is happy in the mid 400's at the moment I love the turbo you built! I like to help people not make the same mistakes I have made in life but like you said it's up to him its not my money or car. But he is looking for advice and thats what he got!

Yes.. Because you have GT3540S capable of over 650whp, over 2.5 times what he's asking for.. In that case, yes, a Kooks makes more sense. However, the OP needs to understand that he can use that same Kooks if he shaves the A/C bracket, change its bolts, etc.. etc. But for now, let's just agree to disagree for this case because in the end it is up to the OP. Now that he knows his choices and can make a more informed decision for his particular goals.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:29 AM

I hear you man, my car is happy in the mid 400's at the moment I love the turbo you built! I like to help people not make the same mistakes I have made in life but like you said it's up to him its not my money or car. But he is looking for advice and thats what he got!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 AM
WSA
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for all the help everyone. Still undecided. Would i experience boost lag with the pro kit with my low power goals being it has a larger intercooler?
Old 07-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The inter cooler won't be the problem
Old 07-31-2012, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by WSA
Thanks for all the help everyone. Still undecided. Would i experience boost lag with the pro kit with my low power goals being it has a larger intercooler?
It will affect it a little, due to the lower power goal and type of exhaust manifold. I can tell you're going for the *bling* factor and not its use.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:18 AM
WSA
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldnt say i am going for the bling factor...but it is a plus. But it seems for my power goals i should go with the tuner kit. My only worry is that when I decide to build the block (sleeves and forged internals) I will have to replace the whole kit.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by WSA
I wouldnt say i am going for the bling factor...but it is a plus. But it seems for my power goals i should go with the tuner kit. My only worry is that when I decide to build the block (sleeves and forged internals) I will have to replace the whole kit.
No. More than likely you won't. Its good to about close to 500whp, which is about when you would change not only the kit but other components completely anyway.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree with everyone else. Go with the tuner series kit. I've driven both a log manifold and ram manifold on similar built street cars and for the street I prefer the log for the increase in response. My current DD makes 354whp on a log manifold and it could still be turned up for more power.

For another option, TrackForged from Troutdale Oregon has a entry level kit for a really good price. I just installed one on my friends car, no issues with fitment. Intercooler/bov setup is the only thing not included that the go-autoworks kit has but I'm sure if you call when you order they could give you a price with that included. Lifetime warranty on the manifold/downpipe/dump tube. You can also change the size of the turbo if needed when ordered.

I've been a customer of theirs for years and never had an issue with quality or customer service.

https://sites.google.com/site/trackforged/products

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Acura-...#ht_1085wt_700