Notices

GM 3Bar & Hondata S300 & Picture

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:43 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GM 3Bar & Hondata S300 & Picture

Below is a picture of my GM 3Bar. It does not look like this one: http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/mapsensor.htm, except mine does have that "466" that the only from the website has. I bought this from a reputable Hondata dealer, but is it what other people's sensor looks like??

I've been reading the Hondata forums and such, and I'm looking for the settings to use to the GM 3Bar in the Hondata S300 SManager. Has anyone found what the correct scalar and offset is for the GM sensor? The only numbers on my sensor are:
On the side the pigtail plugs into:
9576-E 5
>PBT-GF30<

On the reverse side (as seen in the picture):
466 with a scribed 749 etched in the plastic.

My sensor...don't mind the glove, it's 11 degrees out right now haha:

Thanks for any help.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GM 3Bar & Hondata S300 & Picture (Dunc)

Select the MOTEC 3 bar map sensor from the drop down in Hondata Smanager . That is the correct settings for GM 3bars.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GM 3Bar & Hondata S300 & Picture (havok hybrid)

yep, use the motec 3bar setting
Old 02-06-2007, 07:21 PM
BCICAN

Default Re: GM 3Bar & Hondata S300 & Picture (havok hybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by havok hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Select the MOTEC 3 bar map sensor from the drop down in Hondata Smanager . That is the correct settings for GM 3bars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, that was where I was going to start. How did you figure this out? I plug the new S300 in tomorrow or thursday soooo hopefully it's as flawless running as the S200 was when it came out.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First clue would be that motec sells GM sensors. lol
Old 02-06-2007, 11:02 PM
BCICAN

Default Re: GM 3Bar & Hondata S300 & Picture (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First clue would be that motec sells GM sensors. lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well my first clue was that I bought the GM sensor through a Hondata dealer and they used to be advertised on Hondata's site. And since the S200 had this as an option, it made me a little confused as to why the sudden "let's all switch away from the GM."

You might want to inform Hondata then too since this is on their forums:
"We do not recommend the GM sensors because there are several types and they all have different calibrations. We only recommend using the Motec sensor. If the setting fro the Motec sensor does not work, then you problably have hte wrong sensor or it is improperly wired."

Sorry for my utter ignorance. It's just when after reading that quote any logical thought would be that GM sensors are not like Motec sensors.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a few different GM sensors, Motec sells one of them. By recommending the "motec" sensor, they know you'll get the right GM sensor. They could just put a GM part number in the calibration like AEM does.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GM 3Bar & Hondata S300 & Picture (tony1)

but if they did that, then we wouldnt have any sweet threads like this.

Im joking, i love this thread.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is the 3 bar from Lightning motorsports? If so, that is a MSD 3 bar map sensor. I've ran into this problem last year and I even calculated the scalar values out after speaking to MSD. Reguardless of whatever integer values I used for the scalar, offset, mbar@5v, lbs@5v, and v at sap , the car would not run properly and the pressure readings through hondata was always off.

With a true GM map sensor you can also choose the neetronics 3 bar option. I only run Motec map sensors since I ran into this issue with the MSD map sensor since everyone seems to sell generic 'GM' sensors now. By the way, this issue with the MSD and other knock off's only seem to have problems when used with the S300 unit.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:23 AM
BCICAN

Default Re: GM 3Bar & Hondata S300 & Picture (PrecisionH23a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is the 3 bar from Lightning motorsports? If so, that is a MSD 3 bar map sensor. I've ran into this problem last year and I even calculated the scalar values out after speaking to MSD. Reguardless of whatever integer values I used for the scalar, offset, mbar@5v, lbs@5v, and v at sap , the car would not run properly and the pressure readings through hondata was always off.

With a true GM map sensor you can also choose the neetronics 3 bar option. I only run Motec map sensors since I ran into this issue with the MSD map sensor since everyone seems to sell generic 'GM' sensors now. By the way, this issue with the MSD and other knock off's only seem to have problems when used with the S300 unit.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got it from WiredSpeedLab back in the day...I could see it happening so, let's not turn this into a flaming thing. &lt;--I am not directing that to you Precision

When I had it on the S200, it would trace the correct cells in RomEditor very well. I just wasn't sure since I've heard of troubles with the S300. I had thought about going to a Motec or a 5 bar, but I couldn't really justify it since my current sensor has never let me down as of yet.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are a few different GM sensors, Motec sells one of them. By recommending the "motec" sensor, they know you'll get the right GM sensor. They could just put a GM part number in the calibration like AEM does.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That'd be a very good idea I would think. Or at least give it the GM option like they did in the S200. I just don't understand why they would give the S200 the GM option and sell them and then just switch over. So are they basically just selling the same units that are renamed so people can't f*ck anything up? haha