Notices

getting ready to install built b18b/ full race stage 2 kit, need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 03:49 PM
official honda whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting ready to install built b18b/ full race stage 2 kit, need some help

well my motor is almost done, should have it in the car running by monday or tuesday

car is 94 ls that i converted from auto to manual

my set up as follows
b18a block
cp pistons 81.5mm
eagle rods
acl bearings
bottom end gasket kit

b18b head
Crower 63402 Turbo Camshafts
Crower Valve Springs
AEM Tru-Time Cam Gears (RED)
supertech valve - stock size.
3 Angle Valve Job
and of course 98 valve cover

turbo kit is full-race stage 2 kit
44mm tial wastegate
50mm tial blow off valve
3" downpipe
3" highflow cat
3" thermal research turbo exhaust

engine management
walbro 255
gm 3 bar map sensor
rc 550's ( i know i shoulda gone bigger, but i figure these will keep me from turning up the boost with my stock sleaves)

now for the questions, i have my oil pan off and i wanted to tap it before i put the motor back together so i dont have to take it off and put it on 2 times, where should i tap it at??

most oil return lines i have seen from the f-r stage 2 kit are like 3 inches long, is that ok? and how in the hell do people tighten these stainless fittings etc all the way, i cant seem to figure it out and my last turbo setup had a rubber drain line

when should i see full boost by, i want to run like 300 whp on the streets and like 350 for track days

i was figuring like 12 lbs should get me there with my 60-1 .70 compressor and .63 exhaust and like 14-15 for 350ish whp

could someone show me where they tapped there oil pan and maybe tell me what the hell im doin wrong with my drain lines too
Old 06-08-2005, 05:11 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: getting ready to install built b18b/ full race stage 2 kit, need some help (coptzer)

anyone???
Old 06-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: getting ready to install built b18b/ full race stage 2 kit, need some help (coptzer)

first you have to install the mani and the turbo to see where its gonna sit, and stock sleeves are good up to 450hp so you could run 20-25 psi if you wanted.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:16 PM

read the instructions!
http://www.full-race.com/artic...l.pdf
Old 06-09-2005, 05:56 AM
official honda whore

Default Re: getting ready to install built b18b/ full race stage 2 kit, need some help (97turbols)

i read the instructions, and i know what im doing, just trying to get the pan tapped before i even have the motor in, i know to tap at the highest point and inbetween the nuts, bolts, just wondering where abouts on the pan, like all the way over on the deepest part or where, i guess i was looking for pics

thanks for all the help though
Old 06-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is a picture of mine pan. You generaly want it at the highest point of the pan because the oil return is gravity feed. I welded mine at the deepest section. You get the general idea from the pic. Good luck.

Old 06-09-2005, 10:26 AM
official honda whore

Default Re: getting ready to install built b18b/ full race stage 2 kit, need some help (Chillinit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chillinit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">here is a picture of mine pan. You generaly want it at the highest point of the pan because the oil return is gravity feed. I welded mine at the deepest section. You get the general idea from the pic. Good luck.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks, is that a full-race or similar setup thats non ac?
Old 06-09-2005, 01:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coptzer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i read the instructions, and i know what im doing, just trying to get the pan tapped before i even have the motor in, i know to tap at the highest point and inbetween the nuts, bolts, just wondering where abouts on the pan, like all the way over on the deepest part or where, i guess i was looking for pics

thanks for all the help though</TD></TR></TABLE>
look in the link there are pics of the placement!!
http://www.full-race.com/artic...l.pdf
Old 06-09-2005, 02:19 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: getting ready to install built b18b/ full race stage 2 kit, need some help (97turbols)

wow never noticed pics before, but i put it in the same place as the person who posted pics here

thanks

anyone have any idea of when ill get full spool on low boost and if my power im expecting is realistic?