Notices

Getting ready for boost

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready for boost

I can honestly say that I am kinda new my self when it comes to boosting but Ive learned so much about it for the past couple of years, I can say one more thing there alot of things about boost that are overlooked by lots and lots of enthusiasts. what I am going to do right now is list somethings that is needed when boosting so that you do not go out and waste your money on things that you dont need.

1. most important thing that I stress is choose a horse power goal for your setup , because that is one thing alot of these kids are not doing theyre thinking its all about psi when that should not even be the first thing on your mind when you plan a setup.

2.Choose a setup that is in your budget I know that not all people can afford a fullrace kit in one shot etc so that breaks down to kit or custom.

3. Decide what the use of the car is going to be for daily driver or all race that will also help you make a realistic power goal.

4.once you ve figured that out now its time to go shopping , theres alot of kits to choose form if that is where your budget is at like turbonetics a.k.a fmax then you have drag full race greddy and so forth. But if its not in your budget to fork out a whoppin 3500 plus at one shot custom is the only option left , personally I like custom much better because you can pick everything out that you want to run with like turbo ,injectors 3inch down pipe which is what oyu might only get with a monster kit like full race , your own manifold waste gate and all that good stuff.
Now customizing a kit does not have to be that expensive if you really shop around online at places like ebay, parts trader, evans-tuning.com, cheap turbo .com may be I missed some bu those are some good one.

5. reminder you do not need psitons and rods to boost a honda more tham 7 psi if someone tells you that they do not know enough about boost and tuning just tell em to read some more and go to tuning session to learn the real deal I have a friend with an ls 98 stock internals daily driver boosting 15 psi thats right but the car is fine tuned and he never had a prod with that car no lie , I have more friends like that but that s not whats important right now , this is a list of things that I find will be helpful for your setup take a look.

1.turbo size ur choice
2.downpipe 3 inch for more power but no ac or power steering can be kept so 2.5 inch will do for now
3.manifold ur chocie one that fits the flange of the turbo you puchases t3 flange or T4 flange.
4.external wastegate one that fits the manifold that you chose tial, turbosmart is a couple of good ones.
5.intercooler of choice front mount top mount etc.
6.piping you can get done it doesnt cost much any way
7. ooooh the good one blow off valve choose one hks ,tial ,greddy type rs what ever you want and one that can handle your power output 50mm for high hp applications. last fuel management walbro 255lph fuel pump ,rc injectors ,and an ems system like hondata ,uberdata,aem, neptune etc. now drive not home not ur girls house butstraight to a dyno tuning shop to get tuned and your set. But if you are going to run stock internals get arp head studs and a high boost head gasket and you are set .