Notices

getting a hondata basemap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting a hondata basemap?

Ok heres my situation. I have a Hondata s200 with boost option and all the necessary hardware and such to take it to a tuner to get it tuned. The OBD1 ecu that I bought however was already chipped for Hondata by another dealer that I had bought off someone who used it before. They did not include a basemap with the ecu however, but my question is how hard would be for to get one. Is the basemap or any other map what goes on the zif socket that is inserted on the P28 ecu. I noticed that my hondata s200 kit came with a couple chips in its package and I was wondering if one of those chips is what could be used to burn a basemap onto. I was thinking about taking it to a local tuner and seeing if they would at least burn me a basemap to get me started so I can install this stuff and get there to get it tuned. Anyone have any input on this?

Tetronious

00 SI Boosted
Old 07-05-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: getting a hondata basemap? (Tetronious)

Hondata is nothing more than software, the blue box is just a security device. Just get your car tuned with a free ROM editor (uberdata/crome) if your going to have some local guy do it.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: getting a hondata basemap? (Tetronious)

The Atmel 29C256 28-pin ROM chip that goes into the ZIF socket is what you burn the .bin's on.

Take just the chip to the tuner and have them burn you a start map on it so that you can bring it back, install it, and drive the car to them.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: getting a hondata basemap? (beerbongskickass)

If you're going to chip the ecu yourself, do that. Take the ecu to wherever you're going to get it tuned, they should be able to burn a basemap for you.
Thats basically what I did (except I took my ecu there, they chiped it for me and burnt a basemap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hondata is nothing more than software, the blue box is just a security device. Just get your car tuned with a free ROM editor (uberdata/crome) if your going to have some local guy do it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Are you kidding me dude?
How does that help him in anyway?
Old 07-05-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: getting a hondata basemap? (95civicex)

Getting a hondata basemap shouldn't be too hard at all. Many people with ROM Editor or whatever can do the burning for you, or you can take it to your local hondata dealer/tuner. I'm not sure which chip the basemap goes to, but it can't hurt to be safe and just install the chip on your ecu. It shouldn't be hard if you have some type of soldering skill. The hondata website tells you where to solder and stuff. Burning a basemap afterwards is pretty quick though.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95civicex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you're going to chip the ecu yourself, do that. Take the ecu to wherever you're going to get it tuned, they should be able to burn a basemap for you.
Thats basically what I did (except I took my ecu there, they chiped it for me and burnt a basemap)

Are you kidding me dude?
How does that help him in anyway?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHA!!!

Old 07-06-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: getting a hondata basemap? (95civicex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IN VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Atmel 29C256 28-pin ROM chip that goes into the ZIF socket is what you burn the .bin's on.

Take just the chip to the tuner and have them burn you a start map on it so that you can bring it back, install it, and drive the car to them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ah ok yes. Thats what I wanted to verify. The ecu is already chipped I just need to take that blank rom chip to my tuner to get a basemap burned.

Thanks

Tetronious

00 SI
Boosted