Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GEN2LS's 500whp 93 octane GSR progress build

put slick on and let it rip
Old 05-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good race man! I've had many many races go down exactly like that. I love chasing em down. Get some slicks and you'll run 10s all day long.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GEN2 LS
Yeah I would like to switch at some point when I change my turbo setup. Did you notice a big difference going from a ramhorn to a mini ram.
I switched turbos at the same time so not a fair comparison, but it works real good across the rev range.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

really nice!!! which injectors do u drive in the year 2002???
Old 09-04-2017, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HGEJ2
really nice!!! which injectors do u drive in the year 2002???
I am running ID1000's.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Nothing big to update honestly lol, I have been in South Korea for a bit now and will be living here for about another year so they car will be sitting until I get back stateside. Although before I left the car was burning about a quart of oil a week, didn't have time to diagnose it but compression test results came back 180-185psi across the board.

So I'm think valve stem seals or maybe even turbo seals although no oil was present in the exhaust housing nor compressor housing last time I checked.

Would like some opinions on my next setup though.

NOT A GROSSLY POPULAR OPTION, but I've been looking at the Rotrex supercharger kits and I think it would be a good match on a sleeved built 2.0L 11:1+ CR motor match with a short geared trans and runnning the larger C38 blower to make around 450whp.

Or just freshen up the current setup and switch up a few things

convert from top mount to a Mini ram manifold
undecided yet but either get my gt3037r freshen up or go with a gtx3076r
new and more efficient intercooler setup, short charge pipes and backdoor setup to help with spool time and lower iat's with a larger core.
Possibly switch from old school skunk2 pro series Intake Mani and go with a Skunk2 Ultra street manifold.

Goal with the car now is to have a "Renaissance man" sort of build! Would like the car to do a lil bit of everything well! So street duty, road race/time attack, drag racing!
Old 09-04-2017, 08:40 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Nothing big to update honestly lol, I have been in South Korea for a bit now and will be living here for about another year so they car will be sitting until I get back stateside. Although before I left the car was burning about a quart of oil a week, didn't have time to diagnose it but compression test results came back 180-185psi across the board.

So I'm think valve stem seals or maybe even turbo seals although no oil was present in the exhaust housing nor compressor housing last time I checked.

Would like some opinions on my next setup though.

NOT A GROSSLY POPULAR OPTION, but I've been looking at the Rotrex supercharger kits and I think it would be a good match on a sleeved built 2.0L 11:1+ CR motor match with a short geared trans and runnning the larger C38 blower to make around 450whp.

Or just freshen up the current setup and switch up a few things

convert from top mount to a Mini ram manifold
undecided yet but either get my gt3037r freshen up or go with a gtx3076r
new and more efficient intercooler setup, short charge pipes and backdoor setup to help with spool time and lower iat's with a larger core.
Possibly switch from old school skunk2 pro series Intake Mani and go with a Skunk2 Ultra street manifold.

Goal with the car now is to have a "Renaissance man" sort of build! Would like the car to do a lil bit of everything well! So street duty, road race/time attack, drag racing!
Option B I think will be best. Freshen up your GT3076R/GT3076 to some newer tech ( there are grey options available through reliable companies and sources instead of getting a GTX3076 (it's only a compressor wheel difference from what you have, and it's not even the best one.) The rest is optional. But stay turbo. :-)
Old 09-04-2017, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Option B I think will be best. Freshen up your GT3076R/GT3076 to some newer tech ( there are grey options available through reliable companies and sources instead of getting a GTX3076 (it's only a compressor wheel difference from what you have, and it's not even the best one.) The rest is optional. But stay turbo. :-)
Yeah will probably stay turbo, I would love to try something new but from a $$$$$ standpoint turbo makes more sense.

So the extra $$$ for the gtx isn't worth it? What about the new Gen 2 GTX3076r's I would like similar spool if not better than what I currently have just with a higher ceiling of power potential l. Would like a turbo with the ability to push 650whp without being push to the limit.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:44 AM

Yeah will probably stay turbo, I would love to try something new but from a $$$$$ standpoint turbo makes more sense.

So the extra $$$ for the gtx isn't worth it? What about the new Gen 2 GTX3076r's I would like similar spool if not better than what I currently have just with a higher ceiling of power potential l. Would like a turbo with the ability to push 650whp without being push to the limit.
Don't let the compressor maps of the GTX3076R fool you. MANY MANY People still don't account for the turbine gas flow limits of the turbine wheel when they decide to upgrade like that. There's a reason why Garrett and other companies have so many options; so that they can find that "in between" torque and power level they're looking for. about 570whp is about the limit of that N11 60mm GT30R exhaust wheel

The GT(X)30 Series still uses the same turbine wheel profile and size as your current GT3076R. That turbine wheel still has about a 24lbs/min turbine gas flow efficiency limit. Just because the compressor wheel can compress airflow like a GT35R or similar, doesn't mean that the whole turbo can do so. In this case, it doesn't matter if you're Gen I or Gen II.

If you want a smooth 650whp capable turbo, you'll need to leave the GT30 family altogether, and head up to the 68mm turbine wheel shared with the GT(X)35R series, including the GTX3576R, or even the Gen2 GTX3582R , which uses a different turbine wheel than even the Gen I GTX3582R.

Here's a small write-up from a couple of years ago when the GTX3076R (Gen I) came out, and how disappointed many were because the numbers didn't match the compressor map. This is because no one ever took account into the GT30R's exhaust wheel limits. For the size that they are, they are fantastic for what they can do... But not a solid/consistent 650whp .

https://www.enginebasics.com/Advance...0GTX3576R.html

PM me if you want to know some real affordable options available.
The following users liked this post:
Old 09-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Nothing big to update honestly lol,.. NOT A GROSSLY POPULAR OPTION, but I've been looking at the Rotrex supercharger kits and I think it would be a good match on a sleeved built 2.0L 11:1+ CR motor match with a short geared trans and runnning the larger C38 blower to make around 450whp...
Popular ?!? Depends on who you ask !!! I LIKE the way you are thinking... but then again, I am a bit biased since I have what you are "thinking" about doing.

Now you know you were going to get a nod for choice "B" from Shodan because you are speaking his language ... and as much as I hate to admit it, the financial path to make the change to my world is far greater than moving up in the platform that you already have, so I would have to agree with his suggestions if you are trying to be fiscally responsible.

Now, if money is no object... come on over !!! Life is great over here in the Rotrex camp and I would enjoy the company !!!
Old 09-06-2017, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I too would vote for option B; but narrow down the desired power limit to what you really want (as it's at the "cross line between sizes" point at 450 vs 650) and go from there.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't let the compressor maps of the GTX3076R fool you. MANY MANY People still don't account for the turbine gas flow limits of the turbine wheel when they decide to upgrade like that. There's a reason why Garrett and other companies have so many options; so that they can find that "in between" torque and power level they're looking for. about 570whp is about the limit of that N11 60mm GT30R exhaust wheel

The GT(X)30 Series still uses the same turbine wheel profile and size as your current GT3076R. That turbine wheel still has about a 24lbs/min turbine gas flow efficiency limit. Just because the compressor wheel can compress airflow like a GT35R or similar, doesn't mean that the whole turbo can do so. In this case, it doesn't matter if you're Gen I or Gen II.

If you want a smooth 650whp capable turbo, you'll need to leave the GT30 family altogether, and head up to the 68mm turbine wheel shared with the GT(X)35R series, including the GTX3576R, or even the Gen2 GTX3582R , which uses a different turbine wheel than even the Gen I GTX3582R.

Here's a small write-up from a couple of years ago when the GTX3076R (Gen I) came out, and how disappointed many were because the numbers didn't match the compressor map. This is because no one ever took account into the GT30R's exhaust wheel limits. For the size that they are, they are fantastic for what they can do... But not a solid/consistent 650whp .

https://www.enginebasics.com/Advance...0GTX3576R.html

PM me if you want to know some real affordable options available.
Interesting info Mac, thank you! So the ceiling for max power on your TR3030R is capped at 570whp?
Originally Posted by JRCivic1
Popular ?!? Depends on who you ask !!! I LIKE the way you are thinking... but then again, I am a bit biased since I have what you are "thinking" about doing.

Now you know you were going to get a nod for choice "B" from Shodan because you are speaking his language ... and as much as I hate to admit it, the financial path to make the change to my world is far greater than moving up in the platform that you already have, so I would have to agree with his suggestions if you are trying to be fiscally responsible.

Now, if money is no object... come on over !!! Life is great over here in the Rotrex camp and I would enjoy the company !!!
not including your built engine etc. How much did the entire rotrex kit run you with the upgraded larger C38 blower and the custom crank pulley unit? I really, really want to try the supercharged setup because I see so many time attack cars currently kicking *** with it, but scared i'd be dissapointed with the power output/feel of car with the rotrex.

Originally Posted by Autoworks
I too would vote for option B; but narrow down the desired power limit to what you really want (as it's at the "cross line between sizes" point at 450 vs 650) and go from there.
I think 575whp I would be happy and set! Only because I know you start tearing apart gearsets once you start making over 600whp and 400+trq but would like a turbo with some headway just in case. Out of all your current manifolds you offer Greg, which one fits the bill for compact fit to accommodate a full size tucked radiator but still flow well enough to make 575whp? Mini ram?
Old 09-07-2017, 04:04 AM

Interesting info Mac, thank you! So the ceiling for max power on your TR3030R is capped at 570whp?

not including your built engine etc. How much did the entire rotrex kit run you with the upgraded larger C38 blower and the custom crank pulley unit? I really, really want to try the supercharged setup because I see so many time attack cars currently kicking *** with it, but scared i'd be dissapointed with the power output/feel of car with the rotrex.

I think 575whp I would be happy and set! Only because I know you start tearing apart gearsets once you start making over 600whp and 400+trq but would like a turbo with some headway just in case. Out of all your current manifolds you offer Greg, which one fits the bill for compact fit to accommodate a full size tucked radiator but still flow well enough to make 575whp? Mini ram?
I'd easily say Mini-ram does the trick, and a turbo with a slightly larger exhaust wheel like lightningteg's turbo or the GTX3576R range

Last edited by TheShodan; 09-07-2017 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not including your built engine etc. How much did the entire rotrex kit run you with the upgraded larger C38 blower and the custom crank pulley unit? I really, really want to try the supercharged setup because I see so many time attack cars currently kicking *** with it, but scared i'd be dissapointed with the power output/feel of car with the rotrex.
Since you already have a turbo kit, you would only need the basic "Race" kit... modify your charge piping slightly and add a header. MVM has the big C38 blower kits on the shelf, so call them and discuss it.

Now if you are worried about the "feel" of the car, make a trip down to visit and I will take you for a ride in mine.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd easily say Mini-ram does the trick, and a turbo with a slightly larger exhaust wheel like lightningteg's turbo or the GTX3576R range
👌👌👌
Since you already have a turbo kit, you would only need the basic "Race" kit... modify your charge piping slightly and add a header. MVM has the big C38 blower kits on the shelf, so call them and discuss it.

Now if you are worried about the "feel" of the car, make a trip down to visit and I will take you for a ride in mine.
wish I could come to ya but unfortunately I'm halfway around the world in Korea right now 😔
Old 09-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You won't be in Korea forever... make the trip when you get back state side.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll be back in the states for a few weeks in August next year before heading to the UK I will hit you up then! Was planning a trip to Florida so it's sorta on the way lol.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

How far are you from Louisiana? I wouldn't mind checking that car out myself.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The mini is definitely compact and will support the power. What do you mean by "full sized tucked" radiator?
Old 09-08-2017, 10:52 AM

The mini is definitely compact and will support the power. What do you mean by "full sized tucked" radiator?
Hey Greg, he means something like the VW scirocco radiator that's become popular to use as of late. It can work, but there needs to be enough distance between that radiator and the intercooler itself. (about 3 inches or so).
I don't think its necessary when a good Koyo/Fluidine half-sized can do the trick. Although I have seen and experienced one or two people with a standard Integra GS-R OEM Radiator. LOWLUDE22 in his 2.0 Litre Mini-Rammed car did that successfully. Tight squeeze, but successful.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ah, ok. It really depends on how tall it is and how far forward it sits. When using a mini ram (or ram horn), I'd suggest just going to a 1/2 sized radiator as both the gate and turbine/compressor housing face forward of the falnge (meaning even if I moved the gate to the side, the housing offset still sits forward of the flange).
Old 09-14-2017, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

A friend of mine had a built b series Integra with a procharger on it and it was awesome. It felt like a 300whp n/a k series was under the hood. I loved it but it didn't feel boosted, per say. If you like the feeling of boost onset and the characteristics of a turbo engine, go turbo. If you like the idea of a boosted b series that feels like a 2.5-2.7 500whp na k series, AND you have a less limited budget, go rotrex.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by k20z1ej1
A friend of mine had a built b series Integra with a procharger on it and it was awesome. It felt like a 300whp n/a k series was under the hood. I loved it but it didn't feel boosted, per say. If you like the feeling of boost onset and the characteristics of a turbo engine, go turbo. If you like the idea of a boosted b series that feels like a 2.5-2.7 500whp na k series, AND you have a less limited budget, go rotrex.
It would cost more to put a complete supercharger kit on a car than it would to turbocharge it.

It felt like "a 300whp K" due to the linear power the SC is going to make/makes. That can also be achieved with a turbocharger for those that like that kind of feel/power. I don't know about the "B series that feels like a 500whp NA K" part.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

It would cost more to put a complete supercharger kit on a car than it would to turbocharge it.

Im aware of that.

It felt like "a 300whp K" due to the linear power the SC is going to make/makes.

Aware of this as well.

I don't know about the "B series that feels like a 500whp NA K" part.

I imagine with the linear power band and it making his goal of 570ish hp, it would feel very "N/a like." Maybe i should have said itll feel like 500whp N/A?? and left out the k series part? Either way, it wont feel like a 500+ hp turbo car, and it wont feel like a 500 hp roots blower car, itll feel very much like an all motor build. Thats all im saying
Old 09-14-2017, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just read that budget part completely wrong. My bad.

Quick Reply: GEN2LS's 500whp 93 octane GSR progress build