GE VTEC conversion oil kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GE VTEC conversion oil kit

OK I got the kit.

how do i take the stock oil filter nipple out of the block to install the new one? I was checking it out on my spare block and I don't see how to get it out (no socket can fit, etc) anyone know how to get it out?
Old 04-24-2003, 10:48 PM
New User

Default Re: GE VTEC conversion oil kit (CivicRyda2k)

Big crescent wrench on the hex head that's built into the filter bung thing

Sorry, can't explain it better, but look at the center screw thing that came with the conversion kit, and you'll see the big hex head.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GE VTEC conversion oil kit (SiR Kid)

yeah! just use a good vise grip and it'll come loose. Mine was a little tight but I got it out.
Vic
Old 04-24-2003, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR Kid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Big crescent wrench on the hex head that's built into the filter bung thing

Sorry, can't explain it better, but look at the center screw thing that came with the conversion kit, and you'll see the big hex head.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm, so you have to remove the filter thread on the block? What fittings are needed on the kit? 1/4npt -3an?
Old 04-24-2003, 11:48 PM
New User

Default Re: GE VTEC conversion oil kit (LsTurbo91)

Depends on what you're using the kit for. If you are using it to run a VTEC head on a NON VTEC block, GE already included the fittings you'll need.

If you're running a turbo, You'll need a -10AN(90% certain) to whatever size your feed line is fitting (-3 or -4 usually).

Just take the fitting that came screwed into the GR adapter out, take it to a fitting store, and buy one that has the male ends that fit your feed line, and the other male end the same as what came with the kit, which I think is -10an.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR Kid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Big crescent wrench on the hex head that's built into the filter bung thing

Sorry, can't explain it better, but look at the center screw thing that came with the conversion kit, and you'll see the big hex head.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i checked it out and i understand it now. well kinda. I was doing the oil feed line on a friend's turbo gsr and I saw the hex head. However... on the spare d16z6 block i have in my garage there's no hex head and the filter bung thingy looks like one part of the block. I'm not sure how the d16y8 one in my car looks though... can't remember.

here's a pic of the d16 block

Old 05-07-2003, 11:39 PM

Default Re: GE VTEC conversion oil kit (CivicRyda2k)

If you got the old model from GE, use a vise grip and it'll come right out.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:00 AM
New User

Default Re: GE VTEC conversion oil kit (youngkow)

BTW, I'm currently installing my GE kit for my turbo car that HAD an oil cooler. It's MUCH easier to pull the intake manifold and work from the top if the engine is still in the car, FYI. I just hate all the damn water lines and **** I have to undo to pull the manifold! Anyway, I used one of the oil cooler's lines to bridge between the two ports on the waterjacket instead of jsut buying two caps for it. Should work fine. I have to get the AN fittings I need for the oil feel line before installing the part now. Wish me luck.

My thumbs are all cut up and crap from sharp edges and hose clamps... Life sucks for meeeeeeee.