Notices

ge block girdle for ls-t

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ge block girdle for ls-t

ok here is my delima i am going to turbo my for around 300hp. the whole time i was planning on getting the ge block girdle i have the gsr oil pan, pick up and everything for it but the girdle itself. but now i am wondering if it is really worth the money. i have been hearing many stories of people spinning bearings because of them. and all of this talk of line boring, what exactly is it. i just want to build the motor and not have to worry about internal motor problems. i allready ordered my eagle rods, then i am getting cp 9:1 pistons, and a ge block gaurd installed, is this good for 300hp and revving no more than 7500rpms. if it is fine i am willing to sell the oil pan, oil pick up, and windage tray for a fair price. thanks
Old 01-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ge block girdle for ls-t (danthemang3)

i tried searching here, and team-integra. could somebody please give me their insight?
Old 01-09-2005, 11:36 AM

I got mine for insurance since I am fully building my block. You can run without it but I would be careful with your revs. Its not that you cannot rev more its that you must have the motor tuned properly. Many people run with or without it. Its really up to you.
If you sell that pan I may be interested.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ge block girdle for ls-t (Doodoo)

if you're willing to have the mains machined to accept the bushings (commonly referred to as dowel pins) feel free. otherwise it will do more harm than good.

you'll also need to have the mains align honed with the girdle installed and everything torqued down.

with the machining cost, and the fact that there's plenty of daily-driven high-hp LS-T's running around without girdles, it should be obvious why it's not necessary, but if you want to spend the money to make sure it's properly installed go for it.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ge block girdle for ls-t (Armed Ferret)

^^I seconnd that.
Glenn
Old 01-10-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: ge block girdle for ls-t (Armed Ferret)

Hey guys it is beneficial to get this done and pretty easy. Just look on our website under Girdles to see why and how. If you send us your main caps we will clean them up on our surface grinder and counter bore them to except new dowels. All of this for no extra charge. Ours is a five main girdle not three. Please tell us what you think about it. I hope the info on the web-site helps
Old 01-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ge block girdle for ls-t (ERL Performance)

i looked at your site at the girdle it looks awsome but how much is it, and for the align hone do you just put everything together except rods and pistons and then have the block align honed? thanks
Old 01-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Basically it comes down to what you plan doing to your motor. See I have an lsvtec with no girdle but I had my crank balanced to 10,000 rpm, it has 7 thousand miles on it and I have taken it up to 8500 alot it holds fine.. I havent had anyproblems. My opinion is to skip it because if it isnt done right it will cause more problems than it will good. Just get your crank balanced. I am tearing the LSVTEC down though building an lsvtec inside of a gsr block..
Old 01-11-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: ge block girdle for ls-t (justinwipf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justinwipf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just get your crank balanced.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if it's a honda crank that hasn't sustained any damage or been repaired it's already balanced extremely well from the factory.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:51 AM

I agree with Mark in that if there hasn't been any damage to the crank they are balanced very well from factory. I also will agree if not done properly will not work properly. That goes with anything. We go through alot of trouble to make sure it is installed right
Old 02-23-2005, 01:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justinwipf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am tearing the LSVTEC down though building an lsvtec inside of a gsr block.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

How does one go about this. . . I'm confused. Benefits? GSR Crank? I just got way lost - please fill me in. I know this is off the topic of the thread so if need be please PM me.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ge block girdle for ls-t (DragSource)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DragSource &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How does one go about this. . . I'm confused. Benefits? GSR Crank? I just got way lost - please fill me in. I know this is off the topic of the thread so if need be please PM me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think he means he's going to build a gsr w/ls crank.Ls has more stroke than gsr.
Glenn
Old 02-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ge block girdle for ls-t (NJIN BUILDR)

i rebuilt an 93 b18a to stock using stock honda parts. I put dont 310whp/279wtq. I put the motor thought help and its still perfect. check out my sig