Notices

gauge question... need help..

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauge question... need help..

hey wassup guyz i have a triple gauge pod. and for the last year the third pod has been empty i dunno what to get. i got boost and air/fuel ratio guage. what should i get for the third pod? i dont wanna get oil pressure cuz i heard its a bitch to install. and i dont want to mess with my feed line.. any suggestions?
Old 11-12-2003, 10:10 PM

Definitely EGT
Old 11-12-2003, 10:19 PM

Default Re: (TeStUdO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeStUdO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Definitely EGT</TD></TR></TABLE>

i second that...
Old 11-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gauge question... need help.. (egturbo)

EGT is an awesome choice.

Did you install yer turbo? IF you did its not too hard to install an oil pressure sensor compared to the turbo install
Old 11-12-2003, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gauge question... need help.. (B18EG6)

EGT would be the best option
Old 11-12-2003, 11:09 PM

Default Re: gauge question... need help.. (UltimateTSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UltimateTSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EGT would be the best option</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm but i already got air/fuel ratio guage. isnt that the same almost? stupid question sorry ... is it hard to install a egt? the probe??

yeah my turbo kit is installed. do i have to take out my dp to install the probe? cuz its gonna be a bitch for me if so..
Old 11-12-2003, 11:42 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hmm but i already got air/fuel ratio guage. isnt that the same almost? stupid question sorry ... is it hard to install a egt? the probe??

yeah my turbo kit is installed. do i have to take out my dp to install the probe? cuz its gonna be a bitch for me if so..</TD></TR></TABLE>

umm no EGT is exhaust gas temp , totally different than air fuel . you drill into the #3 runner on the manifold and put the probe in there .

oil pressure is also a good guage choice
Old 11-13-2003, 02:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the EGT!!

and those stupid christmas tree light A/F gauges aren't even worth looking at... replace it with oil pressure. or a wideband =D
Old 11-13-2003, 07:43 PM

Default Re: gauge question... need help.. (Hella_JDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

umm no EGT is exhaust gas temp , totally different than air fuel . you drill into the #3 runner on the manifold and put the probe in there .

oil pressure is also a good guage choice</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn does this mean that i have to remove everything? like the manifold and everything. cuz when drill into it the metal stuff. hmm sounds like alot of work.. cant just put it on my dp?
Old 11-13-2003, 07:45 PM

get rid of air/fuel....get EGT and oil pressure.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:32 PM

Default Re: (TeStUdO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeStUdO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Definitely EGT</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-13-2003, 08:34 PM

Default Re: (99integralsturbo)

air fuel is just a light show, its good for nothing. get rid of it and get egt and oil press. also oil temp is a good one.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

damn does this mean that i have to remove everything? like the manifold and everything. cuz when drill into it the metal stuff. hmm sounds like alot of work.. cant just put it on my dp?</TD></TR></TABLE>no it has to be in the manifold because if it goes through the turbo the temp will definetly change, just make it a weekend project and make sure you have enough time to do it right
Old 11-14-2003, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gauge question... need help.. (99integralsturbo)

QUOTE=99integralsturbo]no it has to be in the manifold because if it goes through the turbo the temp will definetly change, just make it a weekend project and make sure you have enough time to do it right [/QUOTE]

Just install the guage on the pod, then take it to a shop to get exhaust manifold tapped or unless you can do it yourself. I took mine to get tapped a few days ago, and it took only like 10 mins. Mostly because they have the right tools.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what gauge brand would u recommend? i current have 3 autometer gauges, i could replace the LIGHT SHOW for the EGT.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gauge question... need help.. (nerdsports)

vdo pretty nice stuff
Old 11-14-2003, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gauge question... need help.. (tgh99si)

if you want function then the Greddy EGT, either the peak-hold or non-peak hold, is one of the most accurate EGT's guages.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:10 AM

i have and LOVE defi guages they look sick and are acurate.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:28 AM

Default Re: gauge question... need help.. (nerdsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nerdsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what gauge brand would u recommend? i current have 3 autometer gauges, i could replace the LIGHT SHOW for the EGT.</TD></TR></TABLE>

?? ur sayin u wanna trade? how much u sellin the egt for??

and how much did it cost to get urs tapped UltimateTSI did u have to remove anything? thanks guyz
Old 11-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

?? ur sayin u wanna trade? how much u sellin the egt for??
and how much did it cost to get urs tapped UltimateTSI did u have to remove anything? thanks guyz</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cost me 30 bucks and didnt have to remove anything. They just drilled the heat shield first, then tapped into the exhaust manifold while the engine was running so that the metal pieces get blown out.

Or I think you could find the tap they use and do it yourself as well.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd say either Oil pressure or EGT

actually get both and ditch the a/f ratio guage
Old 11-14-2003, 12:05 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UltimateTSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Cost me 30 bucks and didnt have to remove anything. They just drilled the heat shield first, then tapped into the exhaust manifold while the engine was running so that the metal pieces get blown out.

Or I think you could find the tap they use and do it yourself as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm isnt that gonna mess up the turbine? since the metal stuff is shootin out the exhuast manifold and to the turbo then dp?? sorry for the questions but thats what it sounds like to me..
Old 11-14-2003, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditch the narrow band A/R and install EGT and EOP. The EOP is not that difficult to install if you use an electric gauge.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm isnt that gonna mess up the turbine? since the metal stuff is shootin out the exhuast manifold and to the turbo then dp?? sorry for the questions but thats what it sounds like to me..</TD></TR></TABLE>

It wont mess up the turbine at all. This is the way it's done. The metal stuff doesnt reach the turbo or dp cause the metal flakes shoot straight out of the manifold into the air and not through the turbo or dp.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UltimateTSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It wont mess up the turbine at all. This is the way it's done. The metal stuff doesnt reach the turbo or dp cause the metal flakes shoot straight out of the manifold into the air and not through the turbo or dp.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol.. ohhh ok.. cuz i see alot of manifolds on here for sale that have a hole in it.. drilled right through.. so ur sayin that u only drill half way then weld it?

Quick Reply: gauge question... need help..