Notices

Garrett Vs. Full Race turbos

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garrett Vs. Full Race turbos

im trying to figure which turbo would be the best for a stock block GSR.. down the road a bit it will be fully built. it will be a daily driver for a little while.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:21 PM
New User

Default Re: Garrett Vs. Full Race turbos (colombian cartel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by colombian cartel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im trying to figure which turbo would be the best for a stock block GSR.. down the road a bit it will be fully built. it will be a daily driver for a little while. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Full Race turbos are Garrett turbos. They do have a few turbos that are made to their specs.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Garrett Vs. Full Race turbos (Boostfed.com)

Made is an awfully generous word. Don't you mean taking Garrett parts and assembling them to "their" specifications?
Old 08-15-2006, 07:19 PM
New User

Default Re: Garrett Vs. Full Race turbos (nowtype)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Made is an awfully generous word. Don't you mean taking Garrett parts and assembling them to "their" specifications?</TD></TR></TABLE>

FR has a Garrett supplier yes, they come up with ideas like hey "How about a GT35R put put a T67 compressor wheel on it" They tell their Garrett supplier what they want and see if it can be built

So getting them assembled to their specifications sure you can say that too, don't get so technical on the wording.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sick 'em Terry
Old 08-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So when I take an engine block from Honda and throw in different pistons and rods I'm making an engine? How about if I send my block out to Earl and they throw in some aftermarket sleeves? Again, is he making an engine? Full-Race is getting turbos assembled to their specs. Making and assembling are two entirely different things. A lot of people on Honda-tech actually think Full-Race's turbos are something special. They are available to anyone who can order a turbo. Aren't there like 5 or so companies on Honda-tech alone that get their turbos from the same guy? Full-Race is coming up with possible combinations that might work well and trying it out. I will give them credit for that. But saying they make a turbo is awfully generous as as far as I know designing turbines is one of the more difficult things in engineering to accomplish well.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't get so technical on the wording.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-15-2006, 07:28 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So when I take an engine block from Honda and throw in different pistons and rods I'm making an engine? How about if I send my block out to Earl and they throw in some aftermarket sleeves? Again, is he making an engine? Full-Race is getting turbos assembled to their specs. Making and assembling are two entirely different things. A lot of people on Honda-tech actually think Full-Race's turbos are something special. They are available to anyone who can order a turbo. Aren't there like 5 or so companies on Honda-tech alone that get their turbos from the same guy? Full-Race is coming up with possible combinations that might work well and trying it out. I will give them credit for that. But saying they make a turbo is awfully generous as as far as I know designing turbines is one of the more difficult things in engineering to accomplish well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You knew what I meant and I think anyone else knew what I meant, now I know you getting overtechnical and LITERAL. Oh well
Old 08-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If it was so clear, why does this post exsist? Obviously it wasn't so clear. The only reason I know that Full-Race doesn't design/build/manufacture their own turbos is because I knew someone in the Pheonix area who used the same turbo supplier as them and said whatever FR got anyone who was a client could get.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:41 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it was so clear, why does this post exsist? Obviously it wasn't so clear. The only reason I know that Full-Race doesn't design/build/manufacture their own turbos is because I knew someone in the Pheonix area who used the same turbo supplier as them and said whatever FR got anyone who was a client could get.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it was so clear, why does this post exsist? Obviously it wasn't so clear. The only reason I know that Full-Race doesn't design/build/manufacture their own turbos is because I knew someone in the Pheonix area who used the same turbo supplier as them and said whatever FR got anyone who was a client could get.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there are to many people who dont know any better or they are to gullible
Old 08-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i thought full race turbo's make 1000WHP!?!?!!?! haha jkjk
Old 08-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so reliability and quality are the same.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Garrett Vs. Full Race turbos (colombian cartel)

wow... who wants to be proven wrong next....anyone? you? you? you?
Old 08-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Garrett Vs. Full Race turbos (Speed Infliction)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You knew what I meant and I think anyone else knew what I meant, now I know you getting overtechnical and LITERAL. Oh well </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Speed Infliction &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow... who wants to be proven wrong next....anyone? you? you? you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by colombian cartel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so reliability and quality are the same. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Everyone made a good point... I've learned so much!
Old 08-16-2006, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nowtype &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Made is an awfully generous word.</TD></TR></TABLE>
He said "made to there specs" not "made". All this whining and you didnt even quote him properly. And no he didnt mean taking Garrett parts and assembling them themselves. Garrett still assembles the turbos to Full Race specs. If you were to have Garrett custom make you a turbo to the same specs as one of the Full-Race's designed pieces, it would cost you allot more then just going to Full Race and snagging one.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ummm, I'm not taking sides here, but if I remember correctly, t3/t67 was not introduced to the market by F-R. It was Cheapturbo/Phoenixturbo who introduced it into the market as the t3/to4R.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Garrett Vs. Full Race turbos (slow poke)

Full Race uses Garrett's. Geoff told me once that they have some extra stuff done to their turbos before they get them.
I can tell you quality is the same in both.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:31 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when mine went out for repair, it is a f-r t3t67ho, it went to garrett. i was under the assumption, that atleast some maybe not all F_R turbo's were garretts.