Notices

G1 Integra: Boosted B16 problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G1 Integra: Boosted B16 problems

Finally i've boosted my B16a setup and everthing is complete. im running 450cc injectors with VAFC. boost is too low (peak is about 5psi sits stable at 3.5/4psi) my vafc settings are -25 for HiCAMs/Low CAMs. VTEC is set to 4500 RPM. and throttle points are Low=10% HI=90%.
Im on stock inline pump and i've added a small inline pump after the fuel filter. FPR is set at 45psi idle. and raises pressure at about 2:1 when boost comes into play. I have Splitfire Platinum spark plugs gapped at 1mm. ignition timing is pretty much in the middle(dont know the xact timing)

When i paddle it down my car bogs around 4k to 5k rpm and then pulls just oK!! that means its performance is pretty much similar to what it was when the car was NA. there isnt much of wheel spin in rolling of 1st gear.

seems like my car is running rich. but i took 4/5 runs yesterday night and when i took out the plugs today they were golden/rust/copper is color (which shows the fuel is utilized).

Im confused about them . because of spark plugs im afraid to lean out more .

kindly suggest!! i dont blow much black smoke too . Im completly confused about my expected afr and cant leanout more (Afraid to blow my engine)

What would u do if u find plugs like that??? would u lean out a bit more?
i tested -20/-18 setting but car started to bog more.
im just confused why my plugs are golden in color???? seems like they are buring fine but car isnt performaing that much

<U>UPDATE::</U>

Ok!! i've reduced the fuel pressure to 35psi from 45psi. and took a run. she ran great. 1st gear complete wheelspin 2nd gear half wheelspin on 4psi boost.
took a few runs was pretty satisfied with the performance.
but i cant hear my VTEC. the loud screaming noise is gone