Notices

Fully built JDM SiRII with all the goodies A year of building broken twic with just 300hp

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fully built JDM SiRII with all the goodies A year of building broken twic with just 300hp

I am going to try to keep this as short and detailed as possible. I am going on three years now that I have been in this Racing Import Kraze. My first swap was my beloved JDM b16 SiRII 93 edition w/lsd and spoon ecu. This was installed in my 93 civic coupe and since the first day of the swap with stock everything except exhaust apex n1 I was smoking GSR swaps up and down the quarter mile. Until one day I got smoked by an M3 than a type R hatch . I was determine to never let that happen again.

I than turned to the local tuner shops in Massachusetts though I am from NYC and grew up around Rafael at DRTracing.com I didn't want to take my car to NY because I now live in Ma. I regret it dearly. I went with a greddy turbo, greddy intercooler which was hot at the time and grddy boost controller etc... I than gave the tuner shop which identity disclosure is pending till after poll, all the money I had over 4g's no parts included so that I can get 400whp. The entire motor was rebuilt with everything.

Seemed like forever when I finally got my car it sounded awful I questioned it and the mechanic said that it was normal forge piston slap. Now I needed to tune my car this mehanic has very little tuning experience especially with hondata he was having lots of problems with a similar set up and was unable to tune my car for awhile.

So I went to drt to have my car tuned the minute they heard the car they questioned who built and seemed skeptic but I told them it was a fully built motor. I was only able to get 300whp at 19psi. I left back to MA. The car felt really fast for 12psi for some reason it would not pass 12psi. I got to MA ran at the track the following week. Got one pass for 13.4@113mph with 16's pirelli pzero 195/45/16. the next day the engine got louder sounded like knocking found out the pistons were rubbing the cylinders the mechanic didn't know why it happened he said it was the sleeves, then blamed it on drt because they tuned it.

We made a deal I buy the parts again and he will rebuild it again. took almost forever to get my car back finally I got it. This time I took it easy never raced put like 1500 miles on it. Then one day I was on the highway when I punched on the gas the oil light came on the car shut off. I coasted in neutral and pulled over. I thought the oil pump was gone so I went to replace it when I started to remove the bolts they were very loose about hand tight and I finally took the oil pan off and found the oil pick up inside the pan with all the bolts and lots of bearing debris the rods were pretty dark also. This was in front of like 10 other people who were all getting ready to race the next day.

I called the mechanic the same day this happened he never got back to me I had to track him down finally we spoke he said he had been using a new digital torque wrench and that it didn't tighten correctly the same thing happened to another kid and like three other kids blew there motors all around the same time like maybe weeks apart. He was trying avoid paying for his mistake saying that if I had turned off the car sooner I wouldn't have had damage.

Now we're arguing on who is responsible and who should pay and this is where you guys come to play. Let me get your thoughts on this. And place your votes fello honda heads. Who you think is responsible for this mistake. Customer pays or The mechanic pays.

Here is the link to where you go to place your votes:
https://honda-tech.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=981376 , https://honda-tech.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=981393

Modified by Hecdosage at 11:30 PM 9/4/2004

Modified by Hecdosage at 2:11 AM 9/5/2004

Modified by Hecdosage at 2:18 AM 9/5/2004
Old 09-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fully built JDM SiRII with all the goodies A year of building broken twic with just 300hp (Hecdo

That sucks man. You should have never have went back after the first build...
Old 09-02-2004, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Fully built JDM SiRII with all the goodies A year of building broken twic with just 300hp (Hecdo

Yeah I know but he didn't want to pay and I was trying not to loose my cool and make things worst. He said he would rebuild it for free and I had no money to go some where else. thanks for your vote.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:06 AM

how much hp do you have? and what tires did you run with
Old 09-02-2004, 09:24 AM

Damn man that sucks!! I think the mechanic should be paying for this, he even said his torque wrench was a p.o.s. If he would've made sure his tools were on point there wouldn't have been a problem. You should let us know what shop this is cuz I'm sure nobody wants to deal with them.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:03 AM

lets wait till after the poll thanks for feeling my pain. thats the same way I feel but this guy ain't trying to listen.

http://www.hecticimports.com
Old 09-02-2004, 10:54 AM

Mechanic pays
Old 09-02-2004, 11:25 AM

if he is talking about the snap-on tourque wrench then hes a ******* idiot considering thats one of the most acurate wrenches EVER. sounds like hes an idiot, don't go there again just cut your losses and go.

Landon
Old 09-02-2004, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If its possible and worth it to you, take them to small claims. It takes a long time but you can get some money back. I had to do that for my engine also...a big pissing match no one wanting to take the blame of sleeve work but I ended up with half of my moneys worth which barely paid for some of the parts. So what you should do is go after him the paper trail way get you ducks in a row and attack...People like this should not be in bussiness If you need some advice hit me up...I been in your shoes twice, 2 lawsuits over one dam motor....but its all worth it... good luck bro...
Old 09-02-2004, 11:39 AM

yeah that is the wrench he has.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Shop in Ma.
That has to be BPR
come on give up the Name
You should let the shop tell their side.
TMV
{to much v-tec}

Modified by MassScene at 4:15 PM 9/2/2004
Old 09-02-2004, 11:47 AM

I definetly will be asking you for some advice so you can IM me at B162c5 because a pissing contest is what I am going through right now the first time I gave in because I just wanted my car to race I was desperate but now I am not. so court sounds cool. good lookin out.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to be honest when modifying your car that much you need to go to a shop that has done that before or do it yourself. Not just some joe blow mechanic that fixes all kinds of engines. Ha, I had mine built by a shop that builts turbo hondas and it still took a dump. So this second time around I built it with my dad(22 yrs of Mechanical experience) saved myself 650bucks and if there anyone to blame its me. good luck
Old 09-02-2004, 12:02 PM

I definetly will be asking you for some advice so you can IM me at B162c5 because a pissing contest is what I am going through right now the first time I gave in because I just wanted my car to race I was desperate but now I am not. so court sounds cool. good lookin out.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:11 PM

Old 09-02-2004, 12:12 PM

the shop is NH
Old 09-02-2004, 12:14 PM

who voted against me and why I just would like to know why
Old 09-02-2004, 12:21 PM

I asked my former room mate/friend for 11 years/tech since 1996 who should pay for the damage after I read him the article. You KNOW what he said...the tech is most def responsible for this. If you have proof of him working on the car...it's in his hands. Good luck bro.

P.S. Court will be where he'll go so he can prolong or to try and not pay. In the end, if it has his name, or company affiliate on ANY type of paper work, or there is a transaction...it's his problem...maybe not now, but in the end. I CAN TELL you though, arm yourself to the teeth with previous information, witnessed accounts, and ANY PROOF that this is a result of his work. I MEAN ANYTHING...
Old 09-02-2004, 12:24 PM
BPR
Honda-Tech Member

The shop is not Bpr
Bpr is in Salem ma not NH
Good luck Hec.

Barry
Old 09-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK_TNR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">P.S. Court will be where he'll go so he can prolong or to try and not pay. In the end, if it has his name, or company affiliate on ANY type of paper work, or there is a transaction...it's his problem...maybe not now, but in the end. I CAN TELL you though, arm yourself to the teeth with previous information, witnessed accounts, and ANY PROOF that this is a result of his work. I MEAN ANYTHING...</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is very true im lucky I did this and more Eye witnesses and documentation will help you win....
Old 09-02-2004, 12:45 PM

I don't need to give the name of the shop because they will eventually try to protect themselves. for what do I need to lie. If you're from MA you will know who I am talking about. Someone will let the cat out of the bag because to many motors in too little time have been blown by this shop...
Old 09-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK_TNR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">P.S. Court will be where he'll go so he can prolong or to try and not pay. In the end, if it has his name, or company affiliate on ANY type of paper work, or there is a transaction...it's his problem...maybe not now, but in the end. I CAN TELL you though, arm yourself to the teeth with previous information, witnessed accounts, and ANY PROOF that this is a result of his work. I MEAN ANYTHING...</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is very true im lucky I did this and more Eye witnesses and documentation will help you win....
Old 09-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 09-02-2004, 01:06 PM

the guy who built your motor sounds like he is not qualified to be working on motors. If after being built the pistons were rubbing the walls and he said thats what its supposed to sound like its as if hes never heard a built motor before. and who builds a motor with a shitty torque rench? that guy is out of his mind. He obviously does not have the required tools to do the job. It's all his fault and he should pay. I would take him to court.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

given you're not fudging your facts, he should pay. why?
he built the motor.
he admitted killing 3 other "kids" cars
he blamed his torque wrench - still his responsibility

make him pay then slander his name to everyone because he's not owning up to his **** up.

Quick Reply: Fully built JDM SiRII with all the goodies A year of building broken twic with just 300hp