Notices

Full-Race's projectR14

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full-Race's projectR14

Im sure some of you guys already know about this, but I became a honda traitor in '06... I went off the beaten path and decided to play with AWD skyline GTRs... so we spent a LOT of time/effort learning everything we could about skylines, and decided we could design our own US-spec GTR that would be lighter, stiffer, faster and LHD.

You may have noticed my avatar changing in the past 8 months, as i updated it everytime we accomplished a major hurdle in the project. The R&D is now just about finished, and we can completely convert any S14 240SX to an AWD LHD R32 skyline GTR.

here are some pics of my "R14" which we debuted at SEMA. It is this month's Modified Magazine cover car so check the issue out if you are bored. The article will be posted on our webste http://www.projectr14.com by the end of this week, along with numerous updates.

I have always wanted a GTR. After spending the last 4 years building every car under the sun (MR2, Supra, Evo, NSX, S2000, M3, 240, eclipse, etc etc) all i wanted is AWD and a supra engine, in a sub-3000lb car, and LHD (i dont know how people get used to RHD). So we took my S14, an R32 GTR front clip, Full-Race's engineers, and 8 months and we finished my new daily driver. AWD, LHD 240sx... easy to register/insure, LHD, and its GTR everywhere it counts.

The setup currently is: Stock RB26DET motor + ITB, hks 264 cams, full-race gt42R twinscroll (more of a drag race turbo for the show/magazine, will be replaced by a 4094R and then a 3567 for response), dual wg turbo kit, 4" dp&exh, 4.5" thick intercooler with only 2 feet of charge piping, fully adjustable tq split (ATTESSA deleted), HICAS eliminated, custom KONI coilover suspension (soon to be penske), PowerFC, RC 1000cc injectors, Dual intank walbro fuel pumps, and a few other things im forgetting. We're going to keep the motor 100% stock, push it until it cracks a piston, then build it. I figure ill have some fun before i tear it apart I have seen manny cruz do insane stuff on a 100% stock RB, so i really want to find out for myself what a stock RB26 can handle.. i think once Jeff Evans gets the powerFC dialed we can do mid-high 800s on the stock pistons.

my favorite shot (and the one we used in our SEMA poster):

me driving:

front view w/ oil and PS coolers:

engine w/ gt42R:

thought you guys would be interested!

Modified by Full-Race Geoff at 6:28 PM 12/5/2006

Modified by Full-Race Geoff at 4:31 PM 12/6/2006
Old 12-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Congrats on getting it done, I'm sure it was a huge hit at SEMA. Maybe it's finally time to see what nissan camp has to offer .
Old 12-04-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Re: (EM2Civic)

thats badass, ohh man, god how many badass cars do you have lol, ur coupe is sick too
Old 12-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EM2Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM2Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe it's finally time to see what nissan camp has to offer .</TD></TR></TABLE>

a lot of bang for the $$! rwd is really a lot of a lot of fun, and i dont really like drifting
Old 12-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful as usual. Looking forward to see some numbers!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If I had to replace my civic it would definitely be with an S14 240. That is a dream daily driver for sure. Can't wait to see what the stock block holds.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: (servion)

once again geoff comes through.

i want to pick one of these chassis' up sooo bad. only if i can sell mine first.

love the new ford gray ( ithink thats what you painted it)
Old 12-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">once again geoff comes through. i want to pick one of these chassis' up sooo bad. only if i can sell mine first.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol thanks... im glad you dont hate us anymore

the color is actually battleship grey gloss.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonvtecD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I had to replace my civic it would definitely be with an S14 240. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I got my first S14 with 143k miles for $800 i got this one with 232k miles for $1000... just gotta look hard, but they are out there!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Vids?

Love the color!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: (Full-Race Geoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Geoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol thanks... im glad you dont hate us anymore

the color is actually battleship grey gloss.

I got my first S14 with 143k miles for $800 i got this one with 232k miles for $1000... just gotta look hard, but they are out there!</TD></TR></TABLE>

nope, i ran out of haterade

i know how much the rolling chassis is but how much is one with a stock rb in it?

it looks so much like the new ford grey my interior is painted, oh well. i love it regardless
Old 12-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Vids?

Love the color! </TD></TR></TABLE>

car is apart right now getting a new clutch, new 4wd controller and a few other loose ends tied up. there will be a TON of vids up once it goes back together
Old 12-04-2006, 03:23 PM

Is that your dad's old car? I remember that from quite some time ago.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:24 PM

The stickers threw me off. I thought it was just another nice car with some stickers on it (like most magazine covers), but I actually read the article (rare for me) and I was impressed with the amount of work that car took. It defenitely wasn't your average build.

Probably one of the coolest builds I've seen.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:27 PM
something different

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

definitely cool. really cool
Old 12-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Full-Race's projectR14 (Full-Race Geoff)

Good job Geoff, car looks really good. Is this the same one you guys did awhile back and ran at the track ( time attack I believe ) . Only thing I dislike is the door, it seems like there missing the doorcaps but that could be the way the kit is.

http://www.full-race.com/r14/i...0.jpg

Is that how the kits come, it just seems incomplete.

Modified by 90blackcrx at 6:46 PM 12/4/2006
Old 12-04-2006, 03:45 PM
i HAS questions ?

Default Re: Full-Race's projectR14 (90blackcrx)

Badass. I've been following this on Supra forums for a while.

Off topic, but did that friend of yours finish his thesis related to exhaust manifolds? I remember seeing pictures post a while back on it and you mentioning something about it.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rondigs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rondigs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is that your dad's old car? I remember that from quite some time ago. </TD></TR></TABLE>

my dad's car is at his house, he drives it all the time It used to have a T3/T67 on it when it was mine, but i put a 57 trim on it per my mom's request lol

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daveG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Badass. I've been following this on Supra forums for a while.

Off topic, but did that friend of yours finish his thesis related to exhaust manifolds? I remember seeing pictures post a while back on it and you mentioning something about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks dave the thesis was finished (got an A!) and he received his master's degree. He worked here on the R14 all summer long with us and is now a professor at ASU. The thesis will appear as an engineering journal this year, ill let you know when it is released.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dislike is the door, it seems like there missing the doorcaps but that could be the way the kit is.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

im not sure what you mean? Not sure what a doorcap is?
Old 12-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Geoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
im not sure what you mean? Not sure what a doorcap is? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Just an example, the wings west kit for the crx comes with door caps that sit on the door.

http://i46.photobucket.com/alb...2.jpg

Basically its like molding, it goes half way up the door on the crx but on the Nissan it would only go up and match even with the rest of the kit.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-Race's projectR14 (daveG)

looks great and RHD isn't that damn hard
Old 12-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Saw this car in the mag....all i have to say is that is unbelievable and i am very jealous. Nice job over there, must be so much fun.
Ryan
Old 12-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (90blackcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FUCATYPR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks great and RHD isn't that damn hard </TD></TR></TABLE>

turning left SUCKS!!! so does the atm at the bank and the drive thru (gotta roll up in reverse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Teglove2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Saw this car in the mag....all i have to say is that is unbelievable and i am very jealous. Nice job over there, must be so much fun.
Ryan</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks alot ryan, im sure shearer isnt too bad either

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Basically its like molding, it goes half way up the door on the crx but on the Nissan it would only go up and match even with the rest of the kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh ok, i follow... nissan kits definately dont have that !! lol

Old 12-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sick
Old 12-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

turning left SUCKS!!! so does the atm at the bank and the drive thru (gotta roll up in reverse)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

LIAR!!! I daily drove a RHD Integra for 3 years. You just wanted a badass sleeper.

BTW, all my crap is for sale, I need a 240.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:28 PM
threes

Default Re: (FUCATYPR)

http://www.caranddriver.com/au....html

car + driver article
Old 12-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, that turned out beautiful.

Quick Reply: Full-Race's projectR14