Notices

Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues??

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues??

Those of you who are using this manifold on your daily driver, or race cars, have you had any issues with cracking? If so, what were your experiences with full-race in honoring their warranty?
Old 12-27-2005, 01:10 PM
New User

Default Re: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues?? (LudeToAHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LudeToAHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those of you who are using this manifold on your daily driver, or race cars, have you had any issues with cracking? If so, what were your experiences with full-race in honoring their warranty?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Never had one issue out of many I have sold. I have had 3 Full race manis myself and never a problem. I haven't seen or heard of any cracking honestly. Do you have an issue with yours? Did you buy yours directly from them? Give them a call BUT also check their warranty info that is posted on their website also. Just FYI Full Race manifolds carry a Lifetime Warranty!
Old 12-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues?? (Boostfed.com)

that's good to know. I'm in the market for a turbo kit and have told by a representative from a shop in the area that all equal lengh manifolds crack and that I should get a log style manifold. Just trying to get some resources...
Old 12-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I have only heard of one case of a crack from them and Geoff fixed it like immediately. He even came out and said this.
I havent heard of any other cases though. Those manifolds are very stout
Old 12-27-2005, 01:27 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LudeToAHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's good to know. I'm in the market for a turbo kit and have told by a representative from a shop in the area that all equal lengh manifolds crack and that I should get a log style manifold. Just trying to get some resources... </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! NO! Full Race has a Lifetime Warranty on them and will honor that as long as the manifold is untampered, meaning someone doesn't go out adn change the WG flange from what FR originally had on there. As long as you make the manifold with teh correct material and thickness then you will be fine and also if the welds are done correctly. All Full Race manifolds are now Robotically TIG welded
Old 12-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues?? (itr206)

how about RLD FAB manifolds? How do they hold up to street use/abuse?
Old 12-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I was thinking when the 'guy' (won't bash shop) was telling me I should buy a 'drag' kit from him with a log mani. I'm like "........... yeah ok"
Old 12-27-2005, 01:36 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LudeToAHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's what I was thinking when the 'guy' (won't bash shop) was telling me I should buy a 'drag' kit from him with a log mani. I'm like "........... yeah ok" </TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe they deal with Drag and then XS Power aka SS Autochrome and OBX equal length manis then. Then maybe the EL mani cracking is true at least for those doh
Old 12-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LudeToAHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how about RLD FAB manifolds? How do they hold up to street use/abuse? </TD></TR></TABLE>

RLD's should hold up fine also. Really they are pretty close in using the same materials and thickness's and stuff. Welding is great on RLD's, but not Robotically done. Honestly I wouldn't care much about that. But they are essentially the same. Will hold up fine.
They both offer lifetime warrantee's if I recall
Old 12-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I actually just had a ram horn style exhaust manifold crack in two places on the welds about twenty minutes ago This is the second one in a row from a member on this board NOT a Full Race exhaust manifold though. I have had a Full Race exhaust manifold. Still no problems to this day.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:47 PM
New User

Default Re: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues?? (0x64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I actually just had a ram horn style exhaust manifold crack in two places on the welds about twenty minutes ago This is the second one in a row from a member on this board NOT a Full Race exhaust manifold though. I have had a Full Race exhaust manifold. Still no problems to this day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues??

&lt;----------------Had ZERO cracking issues with FR mani's
Old 12-27-2005, 03:10 PM
threes

Default Re: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues?? (B18CXr)

ive been daily driving my fr mani for 2 years probly 50-80 miles per day... no cracks...even changed the wg flange
Old 12-27-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues?? (B18CXr)

People lie to make money selling you things you don't want. That's thier "job".
Old 12-27-2005, 03:15 PM
New User

Default Re: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues?? (c jackson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by c jackson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive been daily driving my fr mani for 2 years probly 50-80 miles per day... no cracks...even changed the wg flange </TD></TR></TABLE>

Shut up Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah you changed you wastegate BUT who did it? Could it be Full Race you little joker!!!??? lol
Old 12-27-2005, 03:16 PM
threes

definately wasnt me
Old 12-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues?? (stealthmode62)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> People lie to make money selling you things you don't want. That's thier "job". </TD></TR></TABLE>

very true and confusing for the trusting consumer
Old 12-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you know what they say.. the sweetness of low price is soon forgotten and replaced with the bitterness of low quality.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues?? (SEFIxCivic)

Next time you make a thread about a buisiness, don`t start it with a title like that, it sounded to me like you had a full race unit that did crack. Rumors spread like wildfire, edited Re: Full-Race<U>, any</U> turbo manifolds <U>with</U> cracking issues?? (SEFIxCivic)
Old 12-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues?? (ProjectDarkBlack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectDarkBlack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Next time you make a thread about a buisiness, don`t start it with a title like that, it sounded to me like you had a full race unit that did crack. Rumors spread like wildfire, edited Re: Full-Race<U>, any</U> turbo manifolds <U>with</U> cracking issues?? (SEFIxCivic)</TD></TR></TABLE>

point taken, but I was also interested in finding out if anyone has experienced 'Full-Race' manifolds cracking, so the title is valid.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

have never had a problem with mine
Old 12-28-2005, 08:56 AM

my friend has a full race mani on his car and it was running for tuning and one time at the track and it already cracked... its a hairline crack but a cracks a crack...he hasnt had time to take it off to send it back thoguh
Old 12-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues?? (ProjectDarkBlack)

fr manifolds i bought for myself, friends and family have alwaysbeen the highest quality and never a problem. many of them have seen dd service your a couple years.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94whtgsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94whtgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my friend has a full race mani on his car and it was running for tuning and one time at the track and it already cracked... its a hairline crack but a cracks a crack...he hasnt had time to take it off to send it back thoguh</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well tell him to take his time, because Full Race is going to be around for a long time to honor that warranty.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Stop the Beast)

daily driven and not one problem

Quick Reply: Full-Race turbo manifolds cracking issues??