Notices

Fueling issue??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fueling issue??

Ok guys need your help and advise please. Recently my car has started to run like poo! Under normal driving conditions (cruising speeds) my car has started to sputter really bad. The AFR's bounce all over the place and go completely lean. It will also do this on start up from time to time. The AFR's go all the way lean. The car wont die, but will drive like that. Also the problem isnt consistent. It goes away, drives fine then it starts again! One thing I did notice that when my car was on idle, the fuel pressure has dropped below 40 psi and it was just staying there. So far I've checked for vacuum leaks, all injector connections and everything is fine. Could the pump be going bad or clogged injectors? Any advise you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Setup

Turbo GSR tuned on S300.

Fuel setup - Aeromotive 340 fuel pump, OEM fuel filter(under 3k), Aeromotive FPR, AEM fuel rail, ID 1000's
Old 05-07-2013, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Fueling issue??

This could be quite a number of things. Its not likely to be a clogged filter or injector if it doesn't happen all the time. It could be electrical on the fueling or the ignition end of things, its tough to say unfortunately but you can go over the basic maintenance items one by one to see how everything looks. Check all of your wiring connections, your vacuum hoses, your spark plugs, etc. so you knock some of the simple stuff out of the way first.
If you do get to the end of the process and haven't found the issue and want to have your injectors cleaned we can help you with that, but I think there are quite a few other things to check first.
Hopefully its simple, good luck!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Fuel Injector Clinic
This could be quite a number of things. Its not likely to be a clogged filter or injector if it doesn't happen all the time. It could be electrical on the fueling or the ignition end of things, its tough to say unfortunately but you can go over the basic maintenance items one by one to see how everything looks. Check all of your wiring connections, your vacuum hoses, your spark plugs, etc. so you knock some of the simple stuff out of the way first.
If you do get to the end of the process and haven't found the issue and want to have your injectors cleaned we can help you with that, but I think there are quite a few other things to check first.
Hopefully its simple, good luck!
Thanks for the adivse. I've checked for all vacuum leaks so far and there isnt any I was able to find. Also I've replaced all injector clips with the matching ones from T1. Even with car running like this it hasnt thrown CEL yet. This weekend I'll replace spark plugs and borrow my friends dizzy and see if that solves the problem. I'll give an up date later on... thanks once again
Old 05-09-2013, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the problem seems so complexed for me. If i were u, i will seek help from professional.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What engine management are you running? When was the car tuned?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turbo-LS
What engine management are you running? When was the car tuned?
My car is tuned on S300 and it was tuned in February. It was running fine till a few weeks ago. Seems from what I've been reading it could be a bad batch of gas or my dizzy may be going out :/. I'm currently running stock dizzy with upgraded Accell super coil.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Send me your file let me look it over to be sure the corrections are ok. Senditracing@yahoo.com
Old 05-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turbo-LS
Send me your file let me look it over to be sure the corrections are ok. Senditracing@yahoo.com
Update.. Greatly appreciate you wanting to help me, but I got the issue fixed. I'm kinda embarrassed to say, but it was a simple fix. The oem spark plug wire holder was causing the wire on cylinder #4 to not to make full contact with the spark plug. I removed it, pushed it all the way down and car runs fine again.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:09 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Lack of spark would make it rich, not lean...