Notices

fuel problem, maybe you can help....(long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 05:51 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel problem, maybe you can help....(long)

I am driving along on sunday, not boosting, just normal driving. Nothing goes wrong and its all fine. On my way home, I am not boosting or anything, just driving as usual, and my car starts to bog. It does it for like 2-3 seconds. There is NO power. Its like dying. It does it and then its back to normal. I thought it was nothing and kept going. Well within an hour, it got worse and worse. Kept doing the same thing, and start to do it longer and longer. From my friends house, on the way to my house....its really bad. Finally make it to my street and then my car dies, stalls out.

In the morning, I try to start it up, nothing. There is spark but no fuel. Push it up my driveway into the garage, and start taking my fuel system apart. Injectors, Fuel Rail, Inline fuel pump, fuel filter....all of it has pressure...but NO FUEL. Take my walbro intank fuel pump out....(I just installed this 4 days before). So I decide to swap out the walbro and put my oem fuel pump back in. And it WORKS.

Afterwards, I tested the walbro fuel pump by just holding it and hooking it up to a power source, and it works. Soo I dont know what to think. If it works, why wasnt it pumping any fuel? Is it possible that I just got a bad fuel pump? My whole fuel system was bone dry. there was only pressure, and no fuel....

I just dont get it. The walbro worked, but no fuel was getting pumped???

My friend with a crx changed his intank fuel pump, and his car died just like mine did. He swapped his oem fuel pump back in and it fixed it. Soo I dont know what to think.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

[Modified by integra7, 9:52 PM 5/27/2002]
Old 05-27-2002, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: fuel problem, maybe you can help....(long) (integra7)

sounds like the walbro is failing when placed under a load.