FUEL PROB NEED HELP¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUEL PROB NEED HELP¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

OK so i bought a greddy turbo kit for a gsr they sell it on ebay as Greddy Trust TURBO KIT....ok so i put it on my ls and i cant get it to run good whenever i rev high in second gear i get a CEL and it bogs out.....its reading a fuel prob so i upgraded the fuel pump same thing......take it to a local shop and they tell me that its the eMANAGE. he told me to put a missing link and a FMU....after changing that out the CEL still comes out but it doest effect how it runs so i test run it get trough 2nd and finnaly hit 3rd gear then a power loss and a grip of smoke out the valve cover breather HELP
so why does the CEL come out

i have a stock ls computer stock engine with stage 2 crower cams and a skunk IM
if i sell itt too my friend with LS VTEC wuld he have the same prob
how good or bad is this turbo
Old 06-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if its tuned for a gsr and you put it on your ls im sure thats why you are having problems..take it to a tuner, either street or dyno and have them retune it for your ls
Old 06-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (krazyhmongboi)

if wats tuned for a gsr the emanage,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the shop told me to substitud the emanage for the FMU
Old 06-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Make mine whatever you want

Default Re: (FRESHTEG)

That doesn't matter anyways, switching to the FMU probably isn't going to help you either. You need to have it tuned on THAT car, whether it's street or dyno tuned it will not run right without it. Using some sort of tuning program. Whether it be crome, hondata etc
Old 06-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you install an inline fuel pump when you swapped to the FMU? If not, and you beat on it all the way up through 3rd gear and are getting excessive blow-by now, there's a good chance you already ran it lean and probably fried the rings/pistons on at least 1 cylinder. As stated above, the setup needs to be tuned with a reliable solution such as larger injectors and chipped ECU running some sort of tuning program.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (inspyral)

so wat should i do leave the emanage and get it tuned or leave the fmu and get it tuned wich one is better.............oh and how much is it to tune it... total
Old 06-05-2008, 02:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FRESHTEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so wat should i do leave the emanage and get it tuned or leave the fmu and get it tuned wich one is better.............oh and how much is it to tune it... total</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have a few problems. Your first is that you have an eManage tuned for a GSR. Second, you are running stock injectors. And third, you are running an FMU

If I were you, I'd get rid of the eManage and the FMU because neither are helping your situation. How long have you been driving it like this? Do a leakdown/compression test and make sure your pistons aren't fried. I've seen pistons in an LS die after 3 days of driving in similar situations.

After you make sure your motor is ok, take it to a reputable tuner. You need to make sure your motor is alright though because most tuners aren't going to put their name on something that they think could already be busted.

Your tuner can recommend a system for you. I'd HIGHLY suggest spending the money and getting ectune, as it will be very nice to have if you ever want to make serious power. Also, the drivability from chrome to ectune is night and day. That part is totally up to you and whoever will be tuning the car though.

my .02
Old 06-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stewie8apie)

well i took of the emanage off a while back i ran it like dat for bout 2-3 weeks and yeah the rings went... as for the injctors i have 310 rc........i got a ls vtec now if i put it in will the same thing happen and should i get it tuned the same day i put it on or can i drive it on low boost
Old 06-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Make mine whatever you want

I would try to not even drive it before you tune it, but if you do, get a very conservative basemap from a reputable tuner and drive there without going into boost.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:37 PM

Default Re: FUEL PROB NEED HELP¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

personally i have found that with the rite steup on a basic turbo you dont need the injectors. i upgraded to a walbro 255 and ran a 9:1 disk in my fmu street tuned the car made hardly any changes and the car ran like a top at 9lb. on a stock CRV ecu (obd2b sucks) of course i wouldnt do that for a car i was going to race at the track, but i have put in excess of 30K on the motor and its still running strong my sugestion get a hondata s200 and have it tuned take the spring out of the waste gate in order to prevent your car from entering boost