Notices

this fuckin sucks!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this ****** sucks!!

ok so this sucks. for the past year, i have been collecting **** for my turbo install. the time came to do it about 3 weeks ago. i got everything mounted right , but the downpipe didnt fit. so i havd to send that back and get it fixed. now that came in today, mounted it all up. ahh, htought the horror story was over. but no. the original place that i had my oil return, now doesent fit with this downpipe. so i have to cut the bung out, weld in some sheet metal or something to cover the hole, make another hole about an inch from where it was, and then pay for more welding. i have literally spent almost 200+ dollars going out to the hardware store buying little **** to make this work, and today when i think its done, i fall flat on my face. just wanted to share my experience so far. basiclly it sucks, it just better be worth it. im going for a 300whp gsr, it sooooooooooooooooo better be worth it
Old 06-13-2006, 06:49 PM

tell me about it. im way over my budget . more than 200+ dollars and I've had tons of **** that held me back. Hell, i'm still not done yet. my front coilover crapped out on me so my car is off the road til my ksports come in. Then it hits the dyno for 400+ whp
Old 06-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you gotta pay to play.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome
Old 06-13-2006, 06:52 PM

The life of turboing a car that doesn't come like that factory. It sucks that you couldn't fix the downpipe and such your self. It helps to have a friend that can weld and do fabrication. I had to do all kinds of **** like that on my last setup but still got in done in a night because of the right tools in my garage.

Good luck when it gets done. It will be fun.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:55 PM

Default Re: this ****** sucks!! (playahwitgame)

right there with you man... lol. i thought that getting everything meant the big stuff(turbo, i/c, wg, bov.. etc), but its the supporting mods that are killing me/slowing me down. like you said, it better be worth it
Old 06-13-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Re: (93turbo16)

better be worth it. the feeling i had when that oil fitting didnt clear the downpipe today is probably un explainable. just didnt care anymore, just wanted a sti. its so shitty paying for this welding and little **** i wish i could do myself.i havent driven my car in about 3or so weeks, and havent driven it hard for a logn time. i wanna drive my damn car. im tired of getting rides, im tired of coming home and my damn car is on jack stands when the full potential of it isnt anywhere near to what its doing now, NOTHING. i want this to be over. almost wish i never started. will i take it back, probably not. wish it was easier, oh yea. its all just tedious ****. nothing is hard. its just getting all the bullshit to work together and fit right. i dont even know why i didnt buy a kit when that was what i had planned anyway. ive spent probably more peiceing together a kit, then what the kit would have cost. i just wish it could be over. im pretty much sick and tired of it and liek i said before, it so better be worth it when its done. lets keep this thread going, i wanna see that im not the only one who feels like a dummy right now. lol, but im serious lol
Old 06-13-2006, 07:00 PM

Default Re: (playahwitgame)

Check out my drag car problems. My car has been done for 4 or more months and I still haven't ran it yet. The car is in race ready shape. The damn thing doesn't run right when full throttle or so. Hard to explain. Turboing a car for the first time can be a pain in the ***. But that is cars in general. The next one you turbo will be 100 times easier.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't worry man...it will all be worth it when you're pulling on STi's
Old 06-13-2006, 07:03 PM

Default Re: (TopSecretEg6)

u think ill be pullin stis? im shooting for 300 which im sure i can acheive. i wanna be able to do like high 12s on slicks with 300. is that reasonable?
Old 06-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: this ****** sucks!! (playahwitgame)

It sucks but its not that bad. Try blowing up a few motors and wasting thousands of dollars. Im still waiting for a manifold I paid for in Feb!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:07 PM

Default Re: this ****** sucks!! (Muckman)

well i did blow a motor. i got my motor thats in the car fresh from acura. new b18c1. like 25gs on it so far
Old 06-13-2006, 07:10 PM

check out my setup (my sig.) I have spent over 5 grand on this setup and it only makes 200 whp. I have also been trying to work this out for over 6 months now buying stupid ****.
finally i found out that the guy who fabbed my kit tapped the oil feed line off of the oil pump, and i dont have enough oil pressure to engage vtec and the car is slow. so all of this just cause i needed an oil restrictor.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12's will be easy with that power. i went 12.8 with less than 250 first pass out in a car with no suspension!

its the little stuff that people dont take into consideration when they price a kit vs. peicing it together. full race kits install within a day

good luck..it will all be worth it in the end. taking it as a learning experiance
Old 06-13-2006, 07:28 PM

Default Re: (Turbo-charged)

did u have slicks on? 12.8 at 250 hp is on point. i can hope to be doing that well. i doubt my car will go from mid 15 to mid 12s. its a stock gsr motor with a t3/t4 57 trim, rev hard manifold. 3 inch turbo back though. i dont know, if im doing that well, it will be some hot fire man
Old 06-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i rebuilt my first engine with forged pistons and h beam rods and all the good stuff, i put about 70 miles on it until i discoverd a serious coolant leak coming out of the crack on the front of the block.

i replaced that block with a stock d15 engine and put my kit together on that engine and got it going with a solid basemap, only to have the turbo mainshaft snap with no more than 25 miles on it!

even so, those 25 miles were awesome, i cant wait to get this crap sorted out!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:34 PM

Default Re: (bch5428)

your not the only one man. i mean ive learned little tips pointers and such things so helping my friend with his install wont be near as difficult. i just want to drive my car, turbo, non turboed, whatever. i just wanna drive
Old 06-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude i feel your pain but in a different way......

my car has been down for about 3.5 months now, since ive started my build....... finances are not in order at the moment for me to continue with it.........

ive got the motor and trans pulled, ready to be taken to the shop when i have the funds. the only **** ive done is install my pwr 1/2 rad and FR traction bars........

im hoping the looong *** wait will be worth it as well...... good luck with it bro!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:55 PM

Default Re: (slooogsr)

thanks man, and also thanks to every1 here. i just hope the bitch doesent blow........i mean the car lol
Old 06-13-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Re: (slooogsr)

300 hp gsr worth it? Are you nuts? Of course it'll be worth it.

Take your time with headaches. I've convinced myself that the longer things take, the better they'll be. My days of rushing **** is over.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:15 PM

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

i wan never in a rush, and im still not. but im just tried of having no car and **** while a perfect gsr sits in the driveway lol. thats why it took me the year or so to get these parts. sure i could have just got ****, but got quality parts, and qulaity miscilanious parts, like a fpr, vacuum manifold, wideband, egt gauge, and **** like that. i could have eaily went with an fmu, instead got hondata which in turn made me get fuel pump, fuel injectors, and pay for tuning, which i dont mind. im all about doing it right. i just want my car back. no rush to get it back, but i need a ****** ride doooood
Old 06-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha im dumb. we have talked on the phone but i didnt know your username on here. whats up man. get the car here finished or not and we will make all your problems dissapear

i might have a used moroso oil pan here for sale, that may make the install a little easier on you. i dont remember, do you have a 3 bar map sensor? and what boost controller do you have? not sure how far you are from here..but if you need anything welded i can help you with that as well.

with all the time we have spent on the phone im anxious for you to be able to enjoy the car as well! hurry up already
Old 06-13-2006, 08:35 PM

joe my man lol. i was actually thinkin will i ever get this done or if your ever going to get mad that i keep cancelling on you lol. i mean everything is done for thr most part. the downpipe now fits great but now the damn an fitting wont fit with the dp. i have to get another hole drilled and re welded. i have a few miscilanious things to weld u but not looking for the hefty price tag. how much do you guys charge for labor. money is tight, but im tired of wokring on it lol. i dont have a 3 bar, will i need one?? im hoping to get my 300whp on 10 to 11 psi...hopefully. im using the turbosmart dual stage boost controller. thats the 1 with the little switch. well tomorrow is another day, get my *** up and make this ****** oil line work.waldorf is about an hour or so from here. im trying to get it upthere as quick as i can. i want you guys to tune the expletive out this bitch. i hope i can do my 300 with the 10 or 11 psi the honda computer allows. i actually had a question about that though. does the hondata effect that at all?? or will it only read 11 psi or lower
Old 06-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha let me know man......i just like to run the 3 bars once you start getting close to the limits of the stock map sensor, especially with a manual boost controller. if you want to rock the stocker we can make it work. our labor rate is 75/hr.

i hate to say i told ya so....but i think the very first thing i said after you told me you were peicing a kit together was to expect speed bumps along the way!! its all just a part of the game. keep your head up, turbo cars are too much fun to give up now. and an STI? come on now!! i hate those things

anything over 11 psi you will hit a fuel cut...and it will scare the **** out of you
Old 06-13-2006, 08:45 PM

ehhh right now i reall dont feel like waiting for another part to come in. you tihnk we can hit the 300 with 10 or 11 psi?? if it poses that big of an issue, i will change it when needs be, right now, i wanna get this thing on the road and expletive **** up, whether its other cars or my tires lol. i want this **** to move.i guess we can just get the most we can do on the stock map, then emmisions time is coming up soon for me so i have to do a little bit of re-wiring, so ill probably just get the 3 bar then and retune. no biggy. im actually getting my dad to pay for this tuning session lol. you know as a birthday gift. i hope to see you on thursday, but probably not. i wanna say friday but probably not the way things are going lol, but if not this week, next week for sure, and if not then, some1s getting shot lol

Quick Reply: this fuckin sucks!!