Notices

FMAX fitment problems and having hell getting promp help from FMAX

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 07:47 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FMAX fitment problems and having hell getting promp help from FMAX

The piping on either side of the intercooler is the wrong size for my 95 GSR. Its like pulling teeth to get FMax to call you back when you have a problem.

After spending so much money, mainly to have a kit that fits, you would think they would bend over backwards to make it right. I'll have to keep trying to call.

Just a heads up for all of you who will be getting kits!

Be prepared to lose tons of skin on your hands and warn all your neighbors they will hear plenty of cursing, cause getting some of the nuts and bolts to clear the curves and welds on the manifold and downpipe is enough to make you freak!!

The new downpipe is supposed to mate up to your stock exhaust. WRONG! it doesn't! The donut on the stock exhaust fits the 2" downpipe off the header. The new downpipe is 2 1/4 so it won't fit. I had to load it with permatex gasket stuff so I can temporarily get to an exhaust shop.

So, I finally got almost everything together but can't do anything without tubing that fits.

Ok, enough venting. I'm sure everyone has had problems like this.
Old 10-15-2001, 08:35 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FMAX fitment problems and having hell getting promp help from FMAX (GruvyTune)

how does the ic piping not fit? just wondering, too big, too small, wrong bends dont matching up? Didnt know about the exhaust thing, wonder if Reverend had dp probs too?
Old 10-15-2001, 08:57 PM
New User

Default Re: FMAX fitment problems and having hell getting promp help from FMAX (GruvyTune)

Hopefully the prelude install goes smoother, but since I do all the work on my cars I doubt it, Preludes are a pain to work on.
Old 10-16-2001, 03:14 AM
New User

Default Re: FMAX fitment problems and having hell getting promp help from FMAX (DeeJay)

The problems are that the bends are in the wrong places. the inlet side is too long and overlaps the intercooler inlet and the outlet enters the engine compartment way too soon and angles up so that it goes right where the radiator overflow tank and ABS relays sit
Old 10-16-2001, 05:08 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I think this has to do w/ you having a GSR and Skunk2 manifold. I think that when you told them about the manifold, they sent you some crazy piping.

You might need to get some piping custom made.....hopefully not though.

Good luck. Hope it all comes out good.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:37 AM
New User

Default Re: FMAX fitment problems and having hell getting promp help from FMAX (00SilverLS)

i had all of those same problems with my fmax... then i sold it and went revhard...but a word of advice... be very careful when installing the mf2.... those thing are very sensitive and i had so many problems with it that i got frustrated....
Old 10-16-2001, 08:01 AM
New User

Default Re: FMAX fitment problems and having hell getting promp help from FMAX (newsense)

I am using Hondata not MF2.
It should not matter about the skunk 2 manifold. He knows its a gsr. The initial pipe from the intercooler is the problem as it comes up too soon.
Old 10-16-2001, 10:58 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

It should not matter about the skunk 2 manifold. He knows its a gsr. The initial pipe from the intercooler is the problem as it comes up too soon.
I know but maybe he got confused or thought about it wrong or something and sent the wrong pipe. Its not supposed to be that hard.
Old 10-16-2001, 11:47 AM
New User

Default Re: FMAX fitment problems and having hell getting promp help from FMAX (00SilverLS)

that would be a reasonable expectation. I hope for both of us that that is the case!