Finally fucked up the civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally f@$%#! up the civic

Well i cant believe it happened but it did. i was sitting in some dallas traffic when this ****** decided to do his little insurance scam gig. traffic had just started moving and i was trying to get over because my exit was coming up when he just slammed on his breaks at like 40 miles an hour. he had no break lights and i did not even have time to react i just rulled right under his ****** F-150. no damage at all to his piece of ****. just needs a bumper. he couldnt speak english and the cops would not dispatch for a fender bender from what the lady from dispatch said. hell the guy had no licsense or insurance. but 5 min after he left the cops showed up. *******. i hate dallas police. they can be such asses.

But hey he will get his nice 30K dollar check and i will be out my turboed Si. Here is the link of the pics at the body shop. hopefully if its not totaled i will get her back. but i dont think so there is alot of little **** that is going to have to be replaced. sucks, i have only had the car 3 months. but she served me well. Thanks iggy a.k.a. QUIKB18B for all the help and Phil over at intercrew your service has been great. but i will be back, just wait. enjoy all you H-T'ers.

R.I.P 99 SI turbo
May 15, 2004
August 9, 2004

http://www.visualxposure.net/turboedsi.html
Old 08-11-2004, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Finally fucked up the civic (slamedturtle)

Ouch. Sorry about that. On a side note, my car was damaged about that much or worse (11K estimate) and they fixed it.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Finally fucked up the civic (RacerXI)

Sorry to hear that but if that idiot doesnt have insurance, isnt he automatically at fault? You should fight it if you can.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally fucked up the civic (CalGSR99)

yeah..thats wut i'm thinking...and if u have proof he has no break lights...wouldn't it be more likely that this is in ur favor?
Old 08-11-2004, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Finally fucked up the civic (CalGSR99)

I would definately fight the bs and try to get your ride fixed or replaced.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:56 AM
sh!t happens.

G

Default Re: Finally fucked up the civic (krazn)

man damn that suxs.. he is gettin money?
Old 08-11-2004, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Finally f@$%#! up the civic (slamedturtle)

If he calls your insurance company they will not give me a penny unless they have your side of the story. Tell them it was his fault and drag your feet as much as possible. Even if they eventually give up some money it won't be an easy ride.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Finally f@$%#! up the civic (95GS-R)

i agree with 95GS-R, your insurance company will have their investigator call you to ask for you side of your story. Your insurance company will do everything in its power to avoid paying out. Make sure you kick and scream all the way. If that other driver doenst have proof of insurance or even a license in that matter, he has no business driving around on public roads.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Finally f@$%#! up the civic (CalGSR99)

yeah i called and gave the insurance company the story and they said that this happens alot believe it or not. i was talkin to my mom and a similar incident happened with her friend and the insurance company settled with 30K. and he did not have insurance. it was a long ordeal for her but that is what happened. i am not shure if this guy has it or not. like i said he could not speak any english. he just kept saying no police no police. so i got as much info as i could and gave it to the insurance company. im not worried about it though i am just pissed about the car.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:33 AM

that is so sad, looked like a fun car.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i just saw slammedturtle the other day off of beltline near hooters.i almost made a crazy u-turn to go after him.that really sucks.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Finally f@$%#! up the civic (espanol)

damn that sucks man

I always leave tons of room between me and the car in front of me... or I probably just drive normal and everyone around here drives up everyone's ***...

any other motor damage besides the IC, and radiator? either way, you'll be back on the road in no time.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:52 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by espanol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just saw slammedturtle the other day off of beltline near hooters.i almost made a crazy u-turn to go after him.that really sucks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i seen you too man. you should have, there was this jerk in a camaro ****** with me when i got to preston. would have been funny. all these rich old ***** think they are fast here in addison. well they can be happy because now they probably are.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Finally f@$%#! up the civic (turbosi03)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbosi03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I always leave tons of room between me and the car in front of me... or I probably just drive normal and everyone around here drives up everyone's ***...

any other motor damage besides the IC, and radiator? either way, you'll be back on the road in no time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i allways leave like 3 car distance when i am in traffic also. this guy was behind me for the longest time but he was getting pissed and got in front of me. there was a pretty good distance between us before i heard tires squealing. but it was too late by the time i realized he was the one on the breaks. just did not have that much time to react.

i seen a small hair line crack on the bottom of the tranny. and the head is pretty bad. it looks alot worse in person compared to the pic. it really does not have a good angle in the pic. but i think that it needs to be replaced. other than that everything looked ok. just have to wait for the adjuster and mechanic to give me a shout. and hell yeah ill be back this just gives me a chance to finish some of the smaller things i need. like the interior. damn i got to get that **** out. somebody hook me up with some si interior.

Old 08-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I hate idiots like that. In that pic, is your tial wastegate tilting instead of straight up
Old 08-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally f@$%#! up the civic (redturbocivic)

I thought this was supposed to be FI related?

Old 08-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally f@$%#! up the civic (Inte9ralove00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Inte9ralove00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought this was supposed to be FI related?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

it is.his car is f/i..haha...and he's from dfw, and everyone knows that dfw oWnZ!!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:43 AM

Well from the pics the damage is bad but it's not that bad that the INS will totalled it.

It will cost ya a pretty penny to fix it, then your rate will increase.

No matter what you do if you hit anyone from the back it's going to be your fault, hard to say this but it's true. Happen to my car when my girl wrecked it. That **** pissed me off so bad, brand new car and she wrecked it, after 8k later it was fixed.

Old 08-11-2004, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Finally f@$%#! up the civic (Inte9ralove00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slamedturtle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> R.I.P 99 SI turbo
May 15, 2004
August 9, 2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds FI related to me. i mean how much more FI do you need. i am running 18 lbs. daily driven.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by espanol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it is.his car is f/i..haha...and he's from dfw, and everyone knows that dfw oWnZ!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

And yes we do!!!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:04 PM

Such a bummer... your car looked really nice, man. Doesn't uninsured motorist coverage handle situtations like this? Maybe you can consider it hit and run?

I had a fender bender with a mexican guy down by the USA/Tijuana border a few months ago, and the ****** just drove off like it was nothing. As he drove by me, he just shrugged like "ooops... sorry you fu*king american". The jerk just sped right up as I was merging from the right and crushed my left front fender. Got his plates, got out of my car, spit on his drivers' side window, screamed at him to stop his car and get **** settled, kicked his passenger door (put a nice size 9.5 shoe print in that ****), and finally wrote down his plate#, car description, and had my girlfriend call my ins. company on my cell phone (this all happened in the span of 10 minutes, in "border traffic", mind you). Told them what happened, and after a few weeks... they determined it was a "hit and run" case. He had mexican plates, and the insurance company informed me that they were invalid. My ins. company paid out ~$1500 without hesitation.

Best luck to you. uninsured motorists
Old 08-11-2004, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Finally f@$%#! up the civic (CRX T-Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX T-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well from the pics the damage is bad but it's not that bad that the INS will totalled it.

It will cost ya a pretty penny to fix it, then your rate will increase.

No matter what you do if you hit anyone from the back it's going to be your fault, hard to say this but it's true. Happen to my car when my girl wrecked it. That **** pissed me off so bad, brand new car and she wrecked it, after 8k later it was fixed.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i know this is my fault no matter what. just something i have to deal with. but as far as the damage that is up to the adjuster. i will know within the next 3 days. hopefully they wont stick it to me to bad. good thing is this guy has not contacted my insurance company and it has been 3 days now. we think he has some warrants and he just dont want the police involved.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Anthony, Sara just told me what happened. That fricken sucks. Hope you can fix it.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:21 PM

You have 48 hours to report an accident, after that it's suppose to be no good. That is what the FHP told me one time
Old 08-11-2004, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Finally f@$%#! up the civic (CRX T-Si)

man this bring tears to my eyes,sorry for your loss

Quick Reply: Finally fucked up the civic