Notices

Finally boosting my B18B

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally boosting my B18B

Ok so lets start off by saying I'm in my mid-30s and have been into the "scene" for a while. In fact I don't even know what the "scene" is called anymore. Anyway since I can remember I've always wanted a boosted Integra. I alsmost did (and had the money to do it) about 15 years ago with my first Integra LS. Didn't do it after all an instead sold it and bought another Integra that I went all motor with (you can see it in my garage). Anyway lucky Integra #3 is the one that's finally going to be boosted. I've owned this Integra LS for 8 years and pretty much kept it stock.

With all that said I need to find a kit. I remember "back in the day" kits were a dime a dozen for my car. Heck even Greddy made a kit for my Integra. Now I'm having trouble finding one. I really don't want to go the eBay route because I've heard nothing but problems with them.

So I'm basically looking for a turbo kit that I'd be pushing around 6-7psi on my B18B. Anybody have suggestions on where to get started? Oh yeah I want to keep my A/C because I live in Hawaii and need it. Additionally, I need to find an oil pan that is pre drilled for the oil line. They still make those for my car? (FOUND THE PAN: MOROSO #20911)

The trouble I'm finding right now is that my motor is ancient now and like all things, stuff starts getting discontinued. I've been on Honda-Tech for awhile so I know this is the place to get started.

Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited by frankiecutz; 06-08-2015 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:58 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Finally boosting my B18B

Actually, "kits" are now more versatile than ever. The difference is that now they don't come pre-tuned like the GReddy, F-MAX and Rev-Hard kits did in years past (trust me, I feel your pain).

Unlike most chassis and engines, the integra is still robust with parts availability to make things much easier to work with. You can now get "hot parts" (exhaust manifold, downpipe, dumptube) in one area, and other items like intercooler piping, turbocharger, and intercooler, from from others.

What does NOT come with these kits of today are items like Fuel Management, Injectors, fuel pumps, and fuel filters as part of the "kit". Now you have to get these independently, as well as know which clutch you have to get in order to make it work for your use and goals.

What's Most important is that you're realistic with your goals. Don't worry about PSI so much, as what works for a GS-R , is different than an LS, based upon size of the compressor/exhaust wheels, wastegate size, etc. The term "t3/t4" is SOOO universal that it could mean about 20 different applications, so you can't use that like you did in 2000-2004. So be specific with power goals and needs, and don't base it on "psi".

I'll give you a PM as to where to go in order to not clutter up this thread anymore. There are 3 main sources for the better items, but the rest is on your ability
Old 06-09-2015, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Goautoworks.com
Old 06-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks @TheShodan and @DAmnquickDA for the replies. Doing more research on this because its not as easy as I thought it was going to be. Thanks for the PM and info @TheShodan. Very informative. I'll definitely be keeping in touch with this build.