Finally boosted.. well almost...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (SLPN H)

I guess as long as you're having fun its all worth it.

Me personally as well as the majority of this forum believe in doing it right the first time.

Since you're doing all your own work, you're saving money in that regard, but what about all the time you're wasting. How many times has that mani cracked? How many turbo's have took a **** on you? Why half *** it and bandaid a turbo car that you have to constantly worry about.

Again though...as long as you're having fun.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spectacle)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ owns you

good diy . cant wait to see what you'll be jimmy riging in the next 5 years lol
Old 11-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alterdcreations)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alterdcreations &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ owns you

good diy . cant wait to see what you'll be jimmy riging in the next 5 years lol
</TD></TR></TABLE>.

hahah
Old 11-25-2007, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bcpEG)

its gunna be a while before this thread dies. i saw the first page and almost lost my shyte. the most HILARIOUS thing i have ever seen on H-T. that first turbo went through so much hardship, roflmao; i'm surprised it didnt seize up and keel over! keep the hard work up, and the budget down.

if you keep finding ways to cut corners, i'll keep finding ways to crack up laughing.

+1 for HMT from hell.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (SteamedRice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SteamedRice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its gunna be a while before this thread dies. i saw the first page and almost lost my shyte. the most HILARIOUS thing i have ever seen on H-T. that first turbo went through so much hardship, roflmao; i'm surprised it didnt seize up and keel over! keep the hard work up, and the budget down.

if you keep finding ways to cut corners, i'll keep finding ways to crack up laughing.

+1 for HMT from hell. </TD></TR></TABLE> Im with him **** this thread make me want to sell my Turbo Kit G/L blowing up the engine
Old 11-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mortificationrock)

Thanks for the replies guys; yeah...

The kicker is; I am purposefully leaving a 2 foot section of PCV in the setup to mock people

Anyways... The update:

New Shoes on some old skool 16" rims.. in-fact, first set of production rims that big when they came out. [for a honda]

No more red vents/accessories on dash, all black once again

All energy suspension bushings installed in the front, except the rack bushings which are waiting for the new rack to come in[along with a new pair of axles]; gotta love a lifetime warranty!

Last edited by JaredKaragen; 04-26-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Been Away... lots of work.

Anyways, I am a tester of ECTune, and have finally begun to get some results cause I fixed my WBo2 once again.

Happy to say that ECTune spanks CROME and the others; very comparable to Hondata/AEM.

ignore the AFR in this second one; the readout was not updating because of a setting I had it on....

Old 12-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JaredKaragen)

Ive been away working and tuning alot.

Scored something pretty cool, and didn't break my wallet too much:

Bought for cheap; not in bad shape at all and came with a full bottle. Missing one fogger, one jet, there is one small kink in the nitrous feed line so I will probably replace it, and the purge line wasn't included (from the solenoid to outside vent). Possibly for sale for the right price, but I plan to hook it up and have it 100% ECU controlled in ECTune. I bought this kit for spooling my turbo at the track, and it will be completely automated.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally boosted.. well almost... [New Pics: 6/23/07] (JaredKaragen)

wow didnt think kits could get this ghetto...yeah you need oil...
Old 12-09-2007, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally boosted.. well almost... [New Pics: 6/23/07] (roachsboosted16)

That reply makes me think you didn't read all the way through... or the nitrous kit ghetto?? eh??

Datalog from tonight:
Old 12-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally boosted.. well almost... [New Pics: 6/23/07] (JaredKaragen)

With no mods to the setup but tuning:

I don't know whats going on, but I am supposed to be at 7PSI.... time to take the WG off and inspect it thru and thru.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Happily running and tuning N/A for the time being; manifold cracked again from hitting the DP on a parking space bumper (you know what I mean right?)

Anyways; Bigger and better is already in the mail.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Flanges look pretty flat, I will check with a straightedge.

Chunky as I expected. Time to get out the dremel.....

More dremel work needed....

I still have yet to find info on the manufacturer or the website; but it is a lifetime warranty

Looks good.

Chunky, but solid.

Last edited by JaredKaragen; 04-26-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whats the HP on this set up??? i went throught a couple of pages looking at pics, its pretty special set up,lol
Old 12-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pinho)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pinho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats the HP on this set up??? i went throught a couple of pages looking at pics, its pretty special set up,lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

Special indeed.

All of my buddies put me in the 13.5ish ranges for 1/4... .just by guessin... and they also thin I am most-likely into the 200's when it comes to HP... I would probably think 200-220 ish? hard to tell... especially with the creep issues I was getting. It turns out the diafraghm in the WG was kinked in the spot where it attaches under the plunger that the spring sits in.

I regret to say that it did not hit a dyno...

but heres some info that may shed some light....:

08 dodge charger R/T: couldn't pass me on the freeway no matter how hard he tried to get a jump on me.... He was drivin like an ***, and got treated like one

05 Saturn ION redline: Pullin on him in 3rd a little, alot more in 4th and 5th... (120+) Co-Worker, and was the fastest in the MidCal clan.... un-fortunately, the group has put the weight on my shoulders now.....

130-142Mph in 7sec : not too shabby for an EJ1 on 8-9PSI (Wg creep; logged on a airport runway)

04 GTI MKIV (AWP+K03 sport@18PSI, APR chip): Pulled hard on him in 3rd gear.... 1/2 way through 3rd (because of traction and transmission issues) I would hit his rear bumper if I was behind him...

98 Z28 W built motor & Vortech supercharger+intercooler: We did a full 1/4 on the runway. We both had traction problems through 2nd, I was 1/4 length off his bumper across the line.

Those are the best descriptions I could give..... Given the lack of dyno time All on a street tune, 16.0 cruising, 13.5:1 light load (up to zero) and ~12.2:1 at 7PSI where I was tuned. When the WG was creepin, I was hitting 13.0 AFR's, but never leaner than 13.1:1 up to 10.5PSI. The only time I hit that PSI was on the day before I pulled the turbo off. I was creepin ~8psi when I did the high-speed run at the airport.... I did however leave a nice set of skid marks slowing down on the pavement before I ran into the field to slow from 60 =D

Modified by JaredKaragen at 5:58 PM 12/26/2007
Old 12-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Last edited by JaredKaragen; 04-26-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 12-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (projectturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by projectturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

x elenventy billion
Old 12-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike93eh2)

thats still just a ssautochrome manifold, and its going to crack and crack again... its supposed to be a new and improved design, but my friend tried it and it sucks just like all the old ones... do it right the first time, could get a nice log manifold/dp/dt combo for somewhere in the 200 range
Old 12-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

holy **** this is what happins when tou give 2 backwoods 5.0 drive n pot smokin retards a civic they build a turbo kit from home depot ant pick-n-pull

o leek maby this was at the ezact moment right after you lit a bowl and thought to your self "hey buba lets turbo that honda ya got sit n out in the drive way next to the elkamino fuc&lt; fuc&lt; fuc&lt; fuc&lt; ppl ilke tall **** me off all i got to say is YOU SUCK AT LIFE!!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbo-2nr)

Originally Posted by turbo-2nr
holy **** this is what happins when tou give 2 backwoods 5.0 drive n pot smokin retards a civic they build a turbo kit from home depot ant pick-n-pull

o leek maby this was at the ezact moment right after you lit a bowl and thought to your self "hey buba lets turbo that honda ya got sit n out in the drive way next to the elkamino fuc&lt; fuc&lt; fuc&lt; fuc&lt; ppl ilke tall **** me off all i got to say is YOU SUCK AT LIFE!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAⁿ Asshats are funny as ****!

"Backwoods 5.0 drivin" HAHAHAHA... The only ford I have ever owned is a Festiva, made by kia; I would never buy Chevy/GM: Obvious reasons; I owned an old dodge, new ones have **** for a front-end, and are ok if diesel; DSM/Mitsubishi: Hand grenades and tin-cans on wheels; Toyota: Had it goin for them, then decided to engineer **** in the US... not so good of an idea... I can go on.

Plus, You have no idea what you speak of; coming from texas And take some more english classes, you almost have a grasp on the language!

Dude... These are the things that make me and everyone else laugh till we hit the floor.

And you insinuate that all glass pipes are for marijuana eh? Dude, take a closer look at the picture and think before your foot flys back out of your mouth...

"I suck at life"... this is based on what judgemental basis? I make a full living, have managed to support myself since I was 15, and others during a part of that time, I have always payed all of my own bills, bought all of my things, and have a successfull life working for a multi-million dollar distributor.... but this isn't about me; nor is it about how ghetto this setup has been... it's about:

Laughing my *** of at all the narrow minded stupid people on this site. 100% purely for laughs and fun; Minimal investment, maximum return.

No hard feelings and no wasted time; only expirances and memories to me; but boy what a laugh. Seeing the look on someone's face after driving the car, then letting them pop the hood to reveal a C-Clamp, PVC, etc... That was the best laughs I have ever had. I solely waster $35 on parts and a few min out of my time to make a laughing joke on this site...

Money 100% well spent =D

The PVC setup is gone but will be re-made and doubly ghettoized; It's gonna be the cleanest Ghetto sewap-in you have ever seen; But it will be further than you will think; think of using a folgers can for exhaust... but a turbo setup instead. The same exhaust manifold I retired will be "remade... or rather, lots of welds and material added to make it work again... Truly for a laugh which is what I am going to keep putting in this thread. The nitrous; yeah. The Newer built setup is going to be off the radar; some new parts bought, but many different parts and combinations are going to be procured for the different environment I will be in.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

fvcking hardcore !!! hmt &gt; h-t.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:51 PM
* B A N N E D *

nothing wrong with somking pot...alcohol was illegal at one time too...
Old 12-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (EASY101)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EASY101 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nothing wrong with somking pot...alcohol was illegal at one time too...</TD></TR></TABLE>Only pot is still illegal. And stupid.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:31 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (hatchling37)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchling37 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Only pot is still illegal. And stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha, I'm sure there are millions of people in this entire world who would beg to differ...

Quick Reply: Finally boosted.. well almost...