Notices

Finally, 1st full pass at the track with the new motor build. (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally, 1st full pass at the track with the new motor build. (vid)

Little back ground 1st,

This is the 1st time in over a year (while I was in Iraq for 6 months and the car has been getting worked on for the reason of the time) I take the car out to the track and get a full pass on it. Last time I went out I ran 12.7 @116mph on 18 inch Volks (full street trim) at 10 psi (306whp) on a stock motor. Since then I got the motor built, bigger turbo, Tony1 Tuned Neptuned (from my old Hondata), Endyn race head and just a hugh list of ****...lol. Anyway, car made 400whp at 17ish psi last time Tony tuned it (like 2 month ago) I took it to the track that same day I had it tuned and owned my clutch. Since then I upgrade the LSD to a quaife and got a Dual Exedy clutch. I was having a misfiring problem so I changed out the igniter and that seems to have got rid of the problem. However now once in full boost the rpm tach goes crazy at like 6k rpms (around VTEC) under boost. (seems like a igniter problem still...or a ground or somethng like that..I have no idea. I have a shift light so thats what I'm using for my shift points. I cant shift fast enough from the sec I see the shift light and it hit the rev limiter everytime it seems. (which is only at 8600rpms)

Anyway, 1st pass 12.4 I'm like ok ok...I think I can get what Im looking for tonight. (11's on DR's) I spoon pretty bad on that run and had a shitty 2.1 60 foot letting off the gas 2 times to get traction. Well next run was shitty and only clicked a 12.8 with a 2.4 60 foot. I turned the boost down in my 'low boost' setting and hit it up again. 12.6, still spinning and hit the rev limiter a few times...I let the car cool off for about 30 mins. I take it back out there. I launched and bogged really bad...cut a ******* great 2.5 60 foot and only ran a 13.2 @118. Im thinking ok....the tires are gripping so next run I launch a bit higher and nope...still breaking them lose.

Im like ok 1 last run...I turned the boost down 1 more turn but Imma try using the 2step to make up for the lower boost level. Im thinking I wanna leave the line in boost. So I rev to about 6k and just dump...BOOM....Im out pretty good (well what I thought was good cuz I was side by side with a v8 on BFG's too..nope 2.2) well 4th gear didnt catch...at this point my cars shacking like you wouldn’t believe....(a shake that I have felt before) I get back and hear a clank clank as I stop. Well Im done for the night...changing out my tires I look and yuuuuuuuup.....stock axle ownage...I snapped the driver side nicely (My gator axles went back to Gator because they were clicking already thats why I was running stock axles) So anyway yea 12.4 with no rpm tachy O yea on 93 octane (My goal is to click 11's on dr's so before you say "get slicks" blah blah you know what im trying to do. This was my 1st time out there with the car at this boost level and have only had it running good for like 2 or 3 days now....pretty big diff since last time I went out. Not making any excuses what so ever tho...12.4 is 12.4. Once I feel like the car has been pushed as far as it can be and me as a driver can't do anything more to get it any faster I'll be putting the slicks on and running the race gas...but for now Imma master the DR's and try accomplish my goal)

For some reason some people can only hear this video...some can see it just fine.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/111571589846555.html
Old 08-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally, 1st full pass at the track with the new motor build. (Erik B)

nice ride man... looks sweet, sounds mean. not sure about how you're supposed to launch with drag radials, but instead of dumping it, did you try feathering it kinda like on street tires but more aggressive (letting off more).
Old 08-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally, 1st full pass at the track with the new motor build. (SHystrdyGSRtdy)

sounds like you had some massive wheel hop
Old 08-15-2005, 03:31 AM

Yeah I only dumped on my last run of the night....lol.

Also yeah Im running HASport mounts too.