Notices

a few nitrous questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few nitrous questions

Ok... Well ive been looking into getting a kit for my friends car 92 integra with a 98 usdm gsr motor. Well I no we want a dry kit. But the funny thing is ive seen two different types. One place said you put a dry manifold kit in your intake tube about 8-10 inches away from the throttle body. The other had like a whole plate thing which I believe is for the gsr and prelude and went onto the intake mani. So since this is a gsr does he have to have this plate kit? And if you just get a basic NOS dry manifld kit its supposed to go on the intake tube not the actual intake mani right? I thought they made a kit where you can put it on the intake mani but it doesnt have to be a wet kit? And is that what direct port is or no?
Old 03-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a few nitrous questions (Project92Hatch)

the dry kit is the basic N2O system that mounts in the intake tube right after the air filter, then it's mixed with the air as it goes through the TB, Plenum and IM runners into the head. along with the N2O, the fuel pressure is normally raised to allow more fuel to be injected via the injectors in order to provide the correct mixture.

the wet kit is similar but adds a Fuel solenoid to the N2O solenoid and mixes the two together so the fuel injectors don't have to compensate. the nozzle for the wet system normally mounts closer to the TB on the intake pipe.

then there is the plate system/direct port system that you were asking about.
this is just a wet system that provides the N2O and fuel into each intake runner so that each cylinder gets about the same amount of mixture. NOS makes a plate kit that mounts in between the secondary butterfly plate on the stock IM. it's really just a DP system but you don't have to bend lines and tap the IM runners, just install the plate and the 2 lines. one for N2O and one for Fuel, then it mixes it together inside the plate rails and it then flows into each IM runner. this system is NOS #02040 (for GSR IM, not sure which one is for the H22A IM) and comes with 75, 100 and 125 jets. you can get larger jets but you better have a built motor before using 100+ shot jets. a fuel pump is highly recommended, along with a stronger ignition system. colder plugs are a must, try NGK BKR7E-11's. ignition retard is a must also, even if it's just from the dist. and not a retard control box.

for the extra $$ the plate system is the way to go. but you'll end up spending a bit more on the accessories like the fuel pump and ignition system. a bottle heater and gauge is pretty much absolutely needed for proper constant injection amounts and maximum power. injectors aren't needed though since the Fuel solenoid supplies the fuel.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a few nitrous questions (sweet)

ive got a kit for sale 350 and its a dry setup...let me know if your interested
Old 03-28-2003, 10:18 PM

Default Re: a few nitrous questions (Project92Hatch)

Thanks very much. Yea Im just looking for something to give me a 75 shot. Its not going to be on there for very long. Im going to retard the timing alittle and get colder plugs ect... I guess the dry manifold kit is for me.... Thats wierd tho i always thought they made a dry kit but instead of tapping the intake tube you tap the intake mani and just use one nozzel but it still being a dry shot... I guess not. Yea I didnt no if you HAD to get the plate kit if you have a gsr or not but I guess not .. thats cool... thanks dude