Notices

feels like im pulling a house!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 07:17 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: feels like im pulling a house! (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Do you have a catalytic converter on it?</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Do you have a catalytic converter on it?</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Do you have a catalytic converter on it?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You think just a cat can be the cause of all this? He's probably not even tuned.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: feels like im pulling a house! (Muckman)

my god yes i have my cat on! wait i have a question is it possible that the vafc would f it up and make it so vtec wouldnt engage.because i just noticed that my vafc isnt showing that im pressing down on the gas. buy the way the tuner guy flaked out on me
Old 12-23-2005, 08:15 PM
New User

Your cat may be clogged up bad which will make it feel like you are towing a house like you said. Run the car open downpipe and see if this improves it. All you got to do it disconnect the bolts from yoru DP to Cat and push the cat/exhaust to the side. Try it adn see if that helps
Old 12-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

nothing just makes it louder than hell
Old 12-23-2005, 08:31 PM
New User

Default Re: (nekoabandoned)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nekoabandoned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nothing just makes it louder than hell</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you have already tried it? If the VAFC is showing that you are not pressing on the gas, CHECK your TPS make sure it is .49 volts with throttle closed and 4.5 volts at WOT, you could have a bad Throttle Position Sensor
Old 12-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would that cause the problems im having?
Old 12-23-2005, 08:42 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nekoabandoned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">would that cause the problems im having?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well yes, because the sensor uh well monitors throttle position for a reason, so fuel and ignition etc etc is based off of it. So let's say the TPS is not working you stomp on the gas WOT and should show 4.5 volts on the TPS and it doesn't change well neither will anything else, make sense? Take a volt meter and check the middle wire on the TPS , engine can be off, turn key all the way forward, check closed throttle like I said should read .49 volts and then open the throttle all the way should read at least 4.5 volts. Good luck.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does any1 have anyother ideas? i want to try every thing i can at once to figure this out
Old 12-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

try that now to rule it out... takes like 30 seconds to do
Old 12-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wantboost)

volt meters at work so no testing till tomarrow
Old 12-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

walmart... 10 bucks, open 24hrs
Old 12-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wantboost)

walmarts to far for a late night car quik fix, besides i have to work tomarrow
Old 12-24-2005, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: feels like im pulling a house! (nekoabandoned)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nekoabandoned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">could it just be that these zex plugs suck that bad?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive used those zex plugs they are a bag of ****, get them out and get some bkr7e-11's.
Your clutch may also be slipping it also has that effect
Old 12-24-2005, 11:45 AM
New User

Default Re: feels like im pulling a house! (f1 vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f1 vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ive used those zex plugs they are a bag of ****, get them out and get some bkr7e-11's.
Your clutch may also be slipping it also has that effect</TD></TR></TABLE>

I ran the ZEX plugs in my old 2nd Gen Integra with ZEX Nitrous, they are not bad, I had no driveability or WOT issues at all with them. I do recommend just some NGK colder plugs BUT the ZEX plugs didn't cause any probs on my old set up again
Old 12-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well today i found out what the issue was, it was the vacuum line from the turbo to the wastegate.i was running like 20 psi but only getting 5psi lol. well fixed it and all is well eccept not having it tuned
Old 12-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: feels like im pulling a house! (nekoabandoned)

well after reading through this thread and seeing that you got it fixed is awesome, get that tuned nucca!
Old 12-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So let's say the TPS is not working you stomp on the gas WOT and should show 4.5 volts on the TPS and it doesn't change well neither will anything else, make sense?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Doesn't work that way Terry.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:26 PM
New User

Default Re: (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Doesn't work that way Terry. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well doh!!!!
Old 12-24-2005, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Glad to hear you got it worked out.

...just to clear things up in this thread....there are no "steel" plugs that I'm aware of...steel is a very poor electric conductor...I think you must have been confused with copper.

Most plugs are copper, and that's what I recommend. It's pretty much the best conductor, platinum and iridium don't conduct as well and are only better in regards to plug life...

i recommend ngk V-power
Old 12-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (_gurusan_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _gurusan_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...just to clear things up in this thread....there are no "steel" plugs that I'm aware of...steel is a very poor electric conductor...I think you must have been confused with copper.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So, steel is a comparatively poor conductor? What of it? We're running RESISTOR plugs here (across resistor wires, no less), to keep from inducing RF of sensors, to keep from inducting a couple hundred VAC on underhood wiring connected to the ECU.

Steel, gold, silver, copper, nickel, platinum, and iridium are the usual suspects, some more common than others. The shell and ground strap of the every plug out there is invariably steel - don't think for a second that the back *** of the elecrical circuit doesn't di-rectally affect the manner in which the plug operates.

Let's also look at the whole engine, that acts as a ground, for the ignition system. I see nothing especially conductive, comparatively, about more steel and some aluminum. So, we have anywhere from right at a foot up to a couple feet of (resistor) plugwire, an equivalent amount of comparatively poor conducting steel and aluminum bits, all completely and totally offset by two inches of OMG JDM VTEC TYPE-R K-SERIES!!!1 conductive element shoved up the *** of some ceramic sheathed in more comparatively poor conducting steel.

Okay, I stand corrected.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _gurusan_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most plugs are copper, and that's what I recommend. It's pretty much the best conductor, platinum and iridium don't conduct as well and are only better in regards to plug life.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Plug life has as much to do with electrode size as it does conducting core type. Core type has expletive all to do with quality of spark, but you don't see the exotic metals being used except in ****** pinprick electrodes, due to expense - this is the first clue that we are being subjected to a marketing campaign, and not a performance item. Also, we should note that smaller electrodes make it easier to create a spark due to lower gap resistances, which is exactly what we don't want.

What you want is a large electrode so that voltage from the coil has to climb a split second more before it overcomes ionization point. You also want to worry about ground strap quenching/shadowing the flame propigation in it's early stages... which is why you get fancy electrode/ground strap designs, and why Rocket sells $8 sets of NGKs that he reworks for $40.

Old 12-25-2005, 07:54 AM
New User

Default Re: (J. Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
which is why you get fancy electrode/ground strap designs, and why Rocket sells $8 sets of NGKs that he reworks for $40.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Rocket sells Autolites that he reworks UNLESS he changed something
Old 12-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What exactly does he rework on them? I would think that he would at least use NGKs
Old 12-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hrm, I just saw the blurb when lurking his site. I ASSumed they were NGKs. I ASSume he's maybe put a U in the center electrode, and ground back and/or angled the ground strap. I haven't asked Rocket about it, but he probably posted up about what he's done to them on m24x.zeroforum, or if not he'd probably tell you if you asked. He's that sort of guy.

Nothing wrong with Autolites, btw. When I can't get NGKs they are my second choice.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (J. Davis)

And cheap as Fawk too.

Quick Reply: feels like im pulling a house!