Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

Feedback request: Intercooler piping setup for 2" compressor outlet

Feedback request: Intercooler piping setup for 2" compressor outlet

Old 06-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Feedback request: Intercooler piping setup for 2" compressor outlet

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this thread, but seemed the most logical.
Anyways, I have a weird situation.. My throttle body is 2.5", my intercooler ports are 3" and my turbo (SC34) i believe is about 2 1/4".
Not really sure If i can part a kit together online for this, or if i should go get a custom one done. Also if somebody could throw the average price at me that shops charge for this, or websites where I can part together a kit for my eg coupe.
Thanks guys.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: Feedback request: Intercooler piping setup for 2" compressor outlet

Originally Posted by Vryantec View Post
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this thread, but seemed the most logical.
Anyways, I have a weird situation.. My throttle body is 2.5", my intercooler ports are 3" and my turbo (SC34) i believe is about 2 1/4".
Not really sure If i can part a kit together online for this, or if i should go get a custom one done. Also if somebody could throw the average price at me that shops charge for this, or websites where I can part together a kit for my eg coupe.
Thanks guys.
just get 2.5 all the way around. Sounds like you will also need some reducers. Go autoworks should already have the everything in stock too.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:49 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Also siliconeintakes.com has just about every size of reducer coupler you would need, including reducers at different bend angles. Makes it so you don't need a bunch of weird, custom made pipes welded to complete your setup.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ls joker View Post
just get 2.5 all the way around. Sounds like you will also need some reducers. Go autoworks should already have the everything in stock too.
^^ this

Just ask for 3"-2.5" couplers to be subbed in for the piping to FMIC connection. If that SC34 has the old S cover then it would be 2.5" outlet
Old 06-29-2018, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Autoworks View Post
^^ this

Just ask for 3"-2.5" couplers to be subbed in for the piping to FMIC connection. If that SC34 has the old S cover then it would be 2.5" outlet
The SC34 never came in an S cover. The E covers they used were just bulky looking and almost looked like S covers. They used a 2" compressor outlet.

Old 06-29-2018, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you guys! ordering my parts tonight
Old 06-29-2018, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Intercooler piping setup

Just to add. I have to goautoworks piping 2.5" with a 2" reducer coupler at the turbo. No issues at all.

The coupler at the throttle body (Type R) was super tight but I was able to get it in.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Feedback request: Intercooler piping setup for 2" compressor outlet

Originally Posted by Autoworks View Post
^^ this

Shouldn't i be asking for 2 -3" couplers for the intercooler which the ports are 3" and a 2" for the turbo? And just 1 2.5" for the throttle body? Just confused why id be asking for 3 2.5"
Old 06-29-2018, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Feedback request: Intercooler piping setup for 2" compressor outlet

Originally Posted by Vryantec View Post
Shouldn't i be asking for 2 -3" couplers for the intercooler which the ports are 3" and a 2" for the turbo? And just 1 2.5" for the throttle body? Just confused why id be asking for 3 2.5"
He means reducer couplers. Two 3"-to-2.5" reducer couplers for the end tanks, one 2"-to-2.5" coupler for compressor to pipe , and one 2.5" for the TB.

Now, you get. It?