Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   Feedback request: Intercooler piping setup for 2" compressor outlet (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/feedback-request-intercooler-piping-setup-2-compressor-outlet-3322946/)

Vryantec 06-28-2018 02:39 PM

Feedback request: Intercooler piping setup for 2" compressor outlet

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this thread, but seemed the most logical.
Anyways, I have a weird situation.. My throttle body is 2.5", my intercooler ports are 3" and my turbo (SC34) i believe is about 2 1/4".
Not really sure If i can part a kit together online for this, or if i should go get a custom one done. Also if somebody could throw the average price at me that shops charge for this, or websites where I can part together a kit for my eg coupe.
Thanks guys.

ls joker 06-29-2018 02:01 AM

re: Feedback request: Intercooler piping setup for 2" compressor outlet

Originally Posted by Vryantec (Post 51671590)
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this thread, but seemed the most logical.
Anyways, I have a weird situation.. My throttle body is 2.5", my intercooler ports are 3" and my turbo (SC34) i believe is about 2 1/4".
Not really sure If i can part a kit together online for this, or if i should go get a custom one done. Also if somebody could throw the average price at me that shops charge for this, or websites where I can part together a kit for my eg coupe.
Thanks guys.

just get 2.5 all the way around. Sounds like you will also need some reducers. Go autoworks should already have the everything in stock too.

2x0 06-29-2018 02:49 AM

Also siliconeintakes.com has just about every size of reducer coupler you would need, including reducers at different bend angles. Makes it so you don't need a bunch of weird, custom made pipes welded to complete your setup.

Autoworks 06-29-2018 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by ls joker (Post 51671880)
just get 2.5 all the way around. Sounds like you will also need some reducers. Go autoworks should already have the everything in stock too.

^^ this

Just ask for 3"-2.5" couplers to be subbed in for the piping to FMIC connection. If that SC34 has the old S cover then it would be 2.5" outlet

TheShodan 06-29-2018 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Autoworks (Post 51671922)
^^ this

Just ask for 3"-2.5" couplers to be subbed in for the piping to FMIC connection. If that SC34 has the old S cover then it would be 2.5" outlet

The SC34 never came in an S cover. The E covers they used were just bulky looking and almost looked like S covers. They used a 2" compressor outlet.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...6f34157a51.jpg

Vryantec 06-29-2018 03:20 PM

Thank you guys! ordering my parts tonight

SpiderX1016 06-29-2018 06:40 PM

Re: Intercooler piping setup

Just to add. I have to goautoworks piping 2.5" with a 2" reducer coupler at the turbo. No issues at all.

The coupler at the throttle body (Type R) was super tight but I was able to get it in.

Vryantec 06-29-2018 06:48 PM

Re: Feedback request: Intercooler piping setup for 2" compressor outlet

Originally Posted by Autoworks (Post 51671922)
^^ this

Shouldn't i be asking for 2 -3" couplers for the intercooler which the ports are 3" and a 2" for the turbo? And just 1 2.5" for the throttle body? Just confused why id be asking for 3 2.5"

TheShodan 06-29-2018 07:09 PM

Re: Feedback request: Intercooler piping setup for 2" compressor outlet

Originally Posted by Vryantec (Post 51672708)
Shouldn't i be asking for 2 -3" couplers for the intercooler which the ports are 3" and a 2" for the turbo? And just 1 2.5" for the throttle body? Just confused why id be asking for 3 2.5"

He means reducer couplers. Two 3"-to-2.5" reducer couplers for the end tanks, one 2"-to-2.5" coupler for compressor to pipe , and one 2.5" for the TB.

Now, you get. It? ;)