Notices

The Fast and the Furious

Old 05-24-2001, 10:28 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Fast and the Furious

well, I saw the fast and the furious on wednesday... it was, as expected, pretty cheasy... at one point when they were listing mods on a car, they said he had "a fully programable ecu and a Motec exhaust"... hmmm... oh well if you didnt know a lot about cars it would be pretty cool, but it is a little insulting to people who do know about cars, not to mention catagorizing import racers (us) as machine gun toting thugs who steal and race for $2000 or pink slips and the loser gets shot... it is just a movie though, so taken at face value it was pretty good...

also there isnt a car in the movie that doesn't have crazy stickers/graphics on it... I guess that is where the import scene has headed... yuck...
Old 05-25-2001, 04:57 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (Drag3GSR)

I saw it to and it was sooo cheazy!! I figuered it would be. After the movie all the little ricers were racing threw the parking lot thinking they could do the same as in the movie.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the Motech exhaust. And did you notice that the Eclipse was a non turbo. When they popped the hood you didnt see the T4 they described. It was Rice boy heaven.

art
Old 05-25-2001, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (Arturbo)

the eclipse isnt a turbo anyway... i havent seen the movie yet so i dont know if they play it off like it is... buts it just a gs... but it has nos... i think the car has nos in real life 2... but he doesnt have those ugly green glowing lights!
Old 05-25-2001, 08:45 AM
Trial User

have a feeling i wont like the movie...

Gone is 60 Seconds was much better than what you guys are describing..
Old 05-25-2001, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (4dr-gsr)

what are you talking about guys, that movie was like a reality show. I know you guys jump your full show car eclipses 3 feet in the air. And you know those muscle cars yank the tires 4 feet off the ground straight up on street tires. That guy seems to be in a lot of cheesy movies. He was in Pitch Black too and that movie was total ***.
Old 05-25-2001, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (TurboInteg95)

Members forum:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=40879

Basically (and you'll agree once you see it), it is the best driving movie ever. There isn't much rice at all (seee above link). No true racer would be dissapointed. The acting, plot, action, Chics, Nos, Skylines, etc, etc were top notch. Watch it before you judge. This is lot from me, I think I hate 'Rice' more than anyone else in town.
Old 05-25-2001, 12:01 PM
New User

yeah, I noticed the non turbo eclipse... did you notice the supra was non turbo (when it was junk)?
Old 05-25-2001, 01:23 PM
Better than steak

Well it was better than Gone in 60 seconds, but it wasnt better than the original Gone in 60 seconds. But how can you say there was no rice? Yes, I think it was one of the better car movies Ive seen, but I think Cannon ball run takes the prize.

art
Old 05-25-2001, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when did it come out? HOw come I didn't catch it yet? Do you guys have special privelages or what?
Old 05-25-2001, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was at the filming to be an extra in that movie. I hope to god they don't show my car in it now. After hearing the story line and plot, and seeing the cars they picked along with the people they chose to portray street racers...It's all just a bad idea and a bad rep. I guess were all supposed to carry guns now, high-jack trucks, and rice the hell outa our cars. Think I'll skip the theater viewing and just wait till it comes out on Block Busters free movie of the week deal.
Old 05-25-2001, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well it was better than Gone in 60 seconds, but it wasnt better than the original Gone in 60 seconds. But how can you say there was no rice? Yes, I think it was one of the better car movies Ive seen, but I think Cannon ball run takes the prize.

art
I second that, CANNONBALL RUN is still my favorite. Who can top two beautiful girls driving a red Lamgorghini what part was it when jackie chan was there in a submarine car? i forgot
Old 05-26-2001, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (Slow_ass_4dr)

when did it come out? HOw come I didn't catch it yet? Do you guys have special privelages or what?
Yeah, the movie doesn't officially come out for about 2 weeks, but some people got special screening passes. I got mine at a local race track (luckily) on a slow night (weds). -C
Old 05-29-2001, 05:42 AM
New User

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (TypeC)

Yea i know it was a rice boy movie. But hey it is Hollywood. But hey it is a start. If they wnted to makr it more realistic they would of done a documentary, but it is a Hollywood movie.Glad I blew my head gasket b4 I was suppose to do the movie, didn't want all the stickers on my car. I hate stickers, stickers are for folders. Either way hollywood is noticing the Import scene so it is a start. Hopefully the next will be done alot better and not as cheesy.
Old 05-29-2001, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (BOOSTINLSVTEC)

Its a hollywood movie. And its good as a hOllywood movie. They had to make it appealing to the masses. I don't think people will walk away from it thinking that all import drivers are thugs.

If they do their morons and will believe anything. Its a bit ricey and cheesy but for the most part its was entertaining. Aside from a few things (Motec exhaust system and the ovr zealous use of NOS)
Old 05-29-2001, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (Apex i ITR)

Did they even have any turbo cars ? Any blowoff valve sounds ?
Old 05-29-2001, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (9psiLsT)

Whoever says it is rice doesn't understand what 'RICE' is. An Intera/Civic owner can't call a Supra TT boosting 25 psi, a Skyline GTR, or a RX7 TT Rice no matter how outrageous they look.

Remember 'Rice' is trying to give the apearance of performance (or the image of) when the car isn't fast. A 10 sec turbo car with a trippledecker wing and 100 sets of altezzas isn't rice, it's just tacky. Let's let the word 'rice' rest.

The movie was awesome. Blow-off valves, turbo spools, NOS sprays, plot, girls, action, etc, etc. I don't know what more you would want. The cars and the races in that movie are more exiting than the one most of us ever see in person (Hey I'm in TX). Again, this is IMO. Watch it then judge. -C
Old 05-30-2001, 05:44 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (TypeC)

The cars and the races in that movie are more exiting than the one most of us ever see in person (Hey I'm in TX).
Whats up C,
I think its because you live in SA texas. I used to live there so I know how it is. When I came up here to Dallas I was really impressed. I've also been to houston where the races are pretty good.
But when I first moved up here and I went to the local street race, guys in Supra's and Rx-7 were trying to snake the new guy for money. I didnt know why they kept asking me, "how much you got?" But then I saw money being exchange by some of the other races and I figured it out. Thank god I didnt say something like $3000 because they would have jumped on the oportunity to get some easy money. LOL

The SA scene is Sorry. I was talking to some of the Supra guys and they were embarassed about the movie.

art
Old 06-19-2001, 10:49 AM
Trial User

How did you guys know it wasn't turbo? Did you notice the Blow off valve when the Supra pulled up to race the Charger?
Old 06-19-2001, 11:18 AM
New User

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (Strider Turbo)

the car was a turbo when it was done... when he pulled it up on the wrecker and it showed the engine, a N/A 2jzge, you could clearly see the distirbuter, etc...
from what I have heard the finished product used to be a yellow supra that was in a lot of magazines...
Old 06-19-2001, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am going to see the movie this weekend. Rice or not the movie should be good. After all its not often somebody makes a movie about street racing and gangs all in one. LOL I hope most of the people will remember that this is just a movie and not real life. I have been street racing for over 4 years and have never seen gangs or shootouts. I have see people pull guns but it was more for an intimidation factor. Just watch the movie and be safe, because the cops are definetly going to be out after this movie comes out the 22nd of this month.
EVIL
Old 06-19-2001, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (Evil GS-R)

Hmm... back in the day, probably around '93 a guy was shot and killed out when the races here had moved to Blue Mound. There was a guy with a supercharged Ford Splash that smoked a guy in some Camaro or something. The Camaro guy was pissed and talking smack, then proceeded to get his *** kicked by the Splash guy. He kept getting back up, and finally the Splash guy said "if you get up again, I'll kill you". And he did ... he shot the guy and he did not even last long enough for the ambulance to arrive....haven't been to the street races since.

There was also a time when all the drunk hillbilly wannabes were out screwing off...there was a guy we knew who had a sixty something Firebird Sprint that he had just dropped a 454 crate motor into doing some racing. Once he hit about 90 MPH, somebody goofing off stumbled in front of him- WHAM! Then two more people did the same thing, and one guy was really fat. That guy pretty much tore the fender off of his car. What I was told after that was that those people tried to sue him. I guess it was his lucky day since his pop was a lawyer of some sort, and they counter-sued and won.

These true stories can only be found here, on hondatech believe it or not!
Old 06-19-2001, 01:08 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (mplex2000)

overall i found the movie fun as **** to watch.. it does kinda suck cause i know after this friday we are gonna go to the street races and every damn car is gonna have noens glowing under it.. if it wasnt for all the violence, guns, stealing, fighting, there really wouldnt be a movie, although i was only there to see the cars and the racing the movie still needed that stuff... i thought overall the movie was pretty tight and im going to see it again friday..
Old 06-19-2001, 02:24 PM
New User

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (DIRep972)

were there any tegs in this movie? havent seen it yet, but I dont remember seein one in the trailers

Old 06-19-2001, 07:09 PM
Trial User

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (vudoo666)

There was one that they used Ja Rule drove it. It's the orange yellow and red one, with a Grill craft grill.
Old 06-19-2001, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Fast and the Furious (Strider Turbo)

Hey anyone remember hearing about a movie called REDLINE? anyone know what happend to that Import movie?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Fast and the Furious