Notices

fast\speedpro

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast\speedpro

Where online can I find information about speedpro systems for honda? Has anyone experienced with this system? What is so good about this system? How much that it cost?

I would like to have good management system for my turbo civic project?
Old 07-28-2003, 10:32 PM

Default Re: fast\speedpro (risk)

http://fuelairspark.com/
Old 07-28-2003, 10:35 PM

Default Re: fast\speedpro (TurboDANDEE)

Thanks. Doyou use this system? If yes do you like it?
Old 07-28-2003, 10:37 PM

ya i have the system, i like it because its very user friendly and plus there's alot of tech support for it.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:43 PM

Default Re: (TurboDANDEE)

can you use the oem sensors with this system? Do it plug up to the computer harness?
Old 07-28-2003, 10:46 PM

The system comes with its own harness and ecu. it all plugs in your OEM sensors, but u will need to do some wiring to make the accesories work such as your gauge cluster sensors and a/c.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this system is really easy to use and really easy to learn. the best part of the system beside the built in wideband o2 is the interface software. the software has an extremely well integrated datalog feature that allows a car to be dialed in on the dyno in very short time, and even without the dyno the SP can be street tuned pretty easily. the SP has been around for awhile now, and it has established itself with solid, bug free reliability.

the bank to bank system runs about $2000, and expect to pay about $500 for install & base program. to tune the system on the dyno typically takes less than two hours.

however, the SP lacks user programmable outputs, custom scaled maps, and doesn't idle extremely large injectors as well as a motec or an autronic.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:53 PM

Default Re: fast\speedpro (SEFI8LOxCivic)

^^ This man would know more than me, he's the one i bug when i get stuck with something
Old 07-28-2003, 11:01 PM

by saying extremely large injectors what do you mean (what size do you consider lager?
Old 07-28-2003, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its not that the SP can't idle lets say 1000cc and up injectors, but that the motec or autronic can do it much better.

in my experience, if you're not running the idle control motor & running 720cc injectors, in order to get the car idling smooth/steady @ 1000 rpm, the a/f needs to be set rich approximately 13 to 1. this phenomenon could partly be due to my own inexperience, so maybe someone else can chime in. a possible remedy to this problem is switching to a 16v electrical system or just running the gm iacv.

where as with the motec or the autronic, idling 720's and higher is essentially issue free.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:37 PM
Better than steak

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFI8LOxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">however, the SP lacks user programmable outputs, custom scaled maps, and doesn't idle extremely large injectors as well as a motec or an autronic.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-29-2003, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFI8LOxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this system is really easy to use and really easy to learn. the best part of the system beside the built in wideband o2 is the interface software. the software has an extremely well integrated datalog feature that allows a car to be dialed in on the dyno in very short time, and even without the dyno the SP can be street tuned pretty easily. the SP has been around for awhile now, and it has established itself with solid, bug free reliability.

the bank to bank system runs about $2000, and expect to pay about $500 for install & base program. to tune the system on the dyno typically takes less than two hours.

however, the SP lacks user programmable outputs, custom scaled maps, and doesn't idle extremely large injectors as well as a motec or an autronic.</TD></TR></TABLE>
SpeedPro is a VERY nice system. Ours(my gfs car) came with it installed, although we had to dissasemble the entire harness and SOLDER all of the connections. Once we did this, we could begin tuning, etc. It was VERY straight forward, and we are idling 1000cc injectors w/no idle help(motors, etc) VERY nicely.
I have no experience in any of the other management units, but I can say that you wont go wrong with SpeedPro...
Old 07-29-2003, 05:30 AM

Speedpro has been around for a while now and is pretty established among the engine management systems. It's got a really easy and straight forward interface which is why i like to use it. In my experience, you just get better at it the more time you sit with the laptop in the car and with a few hints from experienced tuners. It'll handle large injectors just fine, but like Drew said you just have to compromise for them by either running an IAC, running the motor a little richer at idle, or setting the idle a little higher. Without an IAC and 880 injectors, i have gotten my car to idle at 800rpm but it's a little rough. I have it idling at 1100rpm at a steady 14.0-14.5 a/f. I think force fed performance makes a GM to honda adapter for the IAC or you can tap the stock honda IAC and make an adjustment screw so you can manually move the plunger inside to allow more or less air in. It's not as advanced as motec or autronic, but will definitely make the power you're aiming for. hth
Old 07-29-2003, 10:23 PM

Thanks guys you'll were of great help making my decision. Do you guys know of any dealers of speedpro in the DC metro area?
Old 07-30-2003, 02:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (risk)

i think your best bet is going thru one of the retailers here on the board. I think Jotech sells Speed Pro/FAST. I don't think you can go wrong with Tony's customer support & tech help.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SEFI8LOxCivic)

I really like speedpro.. but I guess I am a little bias as that is the only one I have ever used. As mentioned previously very user friendly and many people have it so there is alot of tech help if needed. If you are looking for a bank2bank at a good price, contact Jason @ image truck and cars in houston. I think he sells it for about 1800+/- 713 462-5221

alex
Old 07-30-2003, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the bump alex...
Old 07-30-2003, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (jasonp)

FAST = We run the sequential system on all of our cars running FAST... I would however recommend MoTeC if you are planning on boosting over ~30lbs. as FAST only has ONE additional cell to play with... If you're 30lbs. and under then this isn't a problem... Just my $0.02, Latez

The one thing I don't really have a problem with but I don't like is they (as in FAST) can't wrap a wiring harness worth a damn... I totally reworked Duc's (which is now running in his car) to be plug and play with any '96-1998 EJ6... It just fits a lot nicer and looks a lot cleaner, but I'm extremely picky about wiring... It's mainly the instrument cluster **** you lose, but I added in the tach signal, coolant temperature, oil pressure, reverse light switch, and speedo... Here's a pic of his setup after I finished it...

Old 07-30-2003, 07:57 AM
I am a bad person

Default Re: (jasonp)

I run the speedpro on my street car and it works great. i get almost 30mpg on 1600cc injectors. the idle isnt great but i dont have and iacv and huge injectors so i knew it would be that way. speedpro has been around for a long time for domestics. its very user friendly and the wideband works great. if anyone needs one let me know.I should be able to meet or beat anyone price on any unit. i use it and recommend it to everyone.

Old 07-30-2003, 07:24 PM

Default Re: (Kataku2K3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kataku2K3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The one thing I don't really have a problem with but I don't like is they (as in FAST) can't wrap a wiring harness worth a damn... ..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hear you about the wire harness, i had to rewrapped it with electrical tape. i also made my own separate harness for the accessories, but i have no pic of it. i will take some when i pull of my head...
Old 07-30-2003, 07:29 PM

we installed it on motormatrix car and the harness makes it easy
Old 07-30-2003, 07:29 PM
I am a bad person

your harness is cleaner than mine. i never got a chance to clean mine up. nice!!