Notices

a far fetched question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a far fetched question

has anyone ever tried to compound turbo charge a honda? if so what were the results?

I know of one guy who was local but moved though it deffinatley wasnt a honda he was running a compound setup on his cummins deisel

http://www.coldspeed.net/forum...=3830

heres his dyno video
http://www.coldspeed.net/forum...=4775

not shure where his #'s are but they were something like 460hp and 1200tq

just kind of wondering what the results would be on a 4cyl honda

thanks guys
Old 01-05-2007, 05:44 AM

There is a guy that did this on the Homemade turbo boards. I think that it is actually in the projects section.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a far fetched question (cantaffordaccord)

bump I dug through those forums a bit but could not find any of this info

is anyone or has anyone ran a setup like this on the boards?
Old 01-05-2007, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cantaffordaccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump I dug through those forums a bit but could not find any of this info

is anyone or has anyone ran a setup like this on the boards?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Diesels are completely different from a gasoline motor. You run 150+ pounds of boost into a diesel and you don't have to worry about pinging, because the motor runs off of detonation. Compound turbocharging is a good way to introduce a TON of heat into the air and detonate the expletive out of a gas motor.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cantaffordaccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump I dug through those forums a bit but could not find any of this info

is anyone or has anyone ran a setup like this on the boards?</TD></TR></TABLE>

While its a neat idea on concept, go pop your hood and tell me where you'd manage to fit 2 complete turbochargers in there. If you can do that, then tell me where you'd fit all the necessary plumbing to go with them. I just can't see stuffing all that extra hardware under the hood, except maybe an Accord I4, since there's obviously room to stuff the V6 in there.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a far fetched question (TunerN00b)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerN00b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

While its a neat idea on concept, go pop your hood and tell me where you'd manage to fit 2 complete turbochargers in there. If you can do that, then tell me where you'd fit all the necessary plumbing to go with them. I just can't see stuffing all that extra hardware under the hood, except maybe an Accord I4, since there's obviously room to stuff the V6 in there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it has been done as previously posted. if people had poor perforamnce using single turbo you'd see this more often. one turbo is good enough for most. i'm sure theres a way to make any setup very efficient, single turbo, twin or sequential or turbo/supercharged.. its all in how much time/money you want to spend. still not even close to what i see inside hybrid forum. mid engine sols and integras, v8 prelude, rwd/awd integra..
Old 01-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a far fetched question (TunerN00b)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerN00b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

While its a neat idea on concept, go pop your hood and tell me where you'd manage to fit 2 complete turbochargers in there. If you can do that, then tell me where you'd fit all the necessary plumbing to go with them. I just can't see stuffing all that extra hardware under the hood, except maybe an Accord I4, since there's obviously room to stuff the V6 in there.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I do actually own the 2001 accord sedan thats why I ask thers lots of room in there

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Diesels are completely different from a gasoline motor. You run 150+ pounds of boost into a diesel and you don't have to worry about pinging, because the motor runs off of detonation. Compound turbocharging is a good way to introduce a TON of heat into the air and detonate the expletive out of a gas motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I figured the heat would be there

also I would only like to run a max of 20psi not saying I am going to do this project but I am interested because I will eventually fully build and boost fall this year or last the car will never be sold period (love the car)
I was thinking if I were to go this route I would likely use a small turbo that could give me boost near off idle 1500-2000 rpm then using a turbo that would see boost at 2500rpm to redline witch is somewhere near 7000rpm stock of course depending on how much air is being compressed by the smaller turbo I dont really know too much about turbocharging but I have done a good bit of homework and could build my own kit from scratch this idea has just been in the back of my head