Notices

The famous water lines... am I okay ? ( pics )

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The famous water lines... am I okay ? ( pics )

Ok I had some difficulty to figure the way that the water flow in the engine...

But if im right this should work... I assumed that the two lines that were going too the TB could work. Since one is supposed to push and the other to pull ??

So I dont think that its a problem if my TB doesnt get coolant anymore ?

Here is the 2 places that will supply the coolant to my GT28RS the TB wont get anymore coolant... is that all right ? I just want to make sure that I wont roast my new turbo.

Thats the return fo the IACV so it push... ??

Thats the return of the TB so it pull... ??

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:46 AM

bump for some help !!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would just have the coolant line go "inline" with the iacv hose
Old 02-27-2006, 08:00 AM

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

what do you mean by '' inline '' Use a T

Well I think that the TB doesnt need coolant if its what your thinking
Old 02-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yellowturbo)

IIRC, with the IACV bolted to the back of the IM, the nipple closest to the driver's side of the car recives water from the water pump, the nipple closest to the passenger side then expels the water, so that's how you'd want your water setup to the turbo.

Let somebody esle confirm this though just in case.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VTC_CiViC)

I hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just took the lines off the TB on my car to run the coolant. The turbo will heat up quick enough and create heat to keep the tb from sticking.

What is the lowest temps you see in quebec? I forget your way up north Ill get you pics in the next day or so. I think I told you before I would get them but i forgot. Sorry
Old 02-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Civicman86)

bump cause' I would like to know too...
Old 02-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Split Image Prez)

bump for info too
Old 02-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr.Death)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.Death &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope this helps.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^ exactly what I did.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:26 AM

^^^ thanks for the picture but I cant figure from where they come from... If you remove a line from the TB where you plug the otehr one you just removed from it ???
Old 02-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (yellowturbo)

I am going to be in the same boat in a couple weeks myself, and looking at my water lines around the TB area...it seems pretty easy. It looks like it doesnt matter which way the coolant flow or what lines you use, because the turbo doesnt care what side you use for a feed or return. So I think I'm just going to use the line from the intake manifold to one side of the turbo, and the other end of the turbo will go to where that line used to end up. Basically putting your turbo inline with one of the lines.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:49 AM

^^^^ I think you are right dude !! Im gonna look at this option.

Old 02-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VTC_CiViC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTC_CiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IIRC, with the IACV bolted to the back of the IM, the nipple closest to the driver's side of the car recives water from the water pump, the nipple closest to the passenger side then expels the water, so that's how you'd want your water setup to the turbo.

Let somebody esle confirm this though just in case.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its the other way around dave.....the water pump pulls water in pushes it up through the block and head and spits the hot coolant back into the top of the radiator.

the driver side fitting on the idle air control feeds back to the back water pipe just before the pump...so the pump will be sucking coolant from that hose not feeding it...

Old 02-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The famous water lines... am I okay ? (yellowturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats the return fo the IACV so it push... ??

no thats the feed side of the idle air control..its the pull side...normally coolant will be fed into the fast idle (if you have one) out of the fast idle..then into the fitting your pointing to and then out through the driver side fitting ...then into the water pump up through the motor and head and back into the radiator

Thats the return of the TB so it pull... ??

thats not always used as a return for the throttle body...that hose is the bypass so when the thermostat is closed it allows the water pump to circulate hot coolant around the block till it gets to 150 degrees andhe thermo stat opens...

I used that as my retun....any way you do it the system is pressurized so everything will see coolant....and any hot coolant is cooler then that turbo

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D@nnY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D@nnY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its the other way around dave.....the water pump pulls water in pushes it up through the block and head and spits the hot coolant back into the top of the radiator.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

If this is true (which it is) couldn't you tap the water neck from the back of the block for a return and the bottom of an aluminum radiator for feed? Ive been wondering this because it seems like the water pump will suck cool water from the bottom of the radiator through the turbo right? O and not trying to ***** or hi-jack.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Re: (p10hlm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by p10hlm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If this is true (which it is) couldn't you tap the water neck from the back of the block for a return and the bottom of an aluminum radiator for feed? Ive been wondering this because it seems like the water pump will suck cool water from the bottom of the radiator through the turbo right? O and not trying to ***** or hi-jack.</TD></TR></TABLE>

In fact it would be a good idea I think !
Old 02-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (p10hlm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by p10hlm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If this is true (which it is) couldn't you tap the water neck from the back of the block for a return and the bottom of an aluminum radiator for feed? Ive been wondering this because it seems like the water pump will suck cool water from the bottom of the radiator through the turbo right? O and not trying to ***** or hi-jack.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i did...I welded an aluminum -6 fitting on the bottom of my fluidyne and ran a -6 to the turbo...the return goes to a 1/8 npt to -6 adapter on that fitting on the delbrock ...works great...
Old 02-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D@nnY)

where should i tap the lines?
Old 02-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

where did you get that fitting from in the second pic, not the part you have you finger on, but the part that have the hose on it, and the prt you have you finger on? any part number? that would be perfect for a water temp sensor
Old 02-28-2006, 11:12 AM

Default Re: The famous water lines... am I okay ? (rudebwoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rudebwoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where did you get that fitting from in the second pic, not the part you have you finger on, but the part that have the hose on it, and the prt you have you finger on? any part number? that would be perfect for a water temp sensor</TD></TR></TABLE>

it came with the Edelbrock IM
Old 02-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yellowturbo..do you see the "J" shaped hose above the water pipe but below the intake manifold in that picture? The "J" shaped hose goes from IACV to throttle body.

Take the "J" shaped hose off, discard. Run a new hose from the IACV to one side of your turbo.

Now find the other port on your throttle body. Take hose off that side, discard. Run another hose from where this connected to and then to the turbo.

End result is nothing should be now connected to your Throttle body.

I can edit the pic but do not have a way to hose if you want to me to send it via email.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a edelbrock Im and TB and they did not came with that, I wish I could find one
Old 02-28-2006, 12:37 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

this is how i'm gonna hook mine up, coolant passage in rear is tapped and b18b obd1 has bleeder valve where i just changed fitting to fit 6an line...
Old 02-28-2006, 01:01 PM

Run the coolant line that feeds the intake manifold into the turbo instead and then run it from the turbo back into the intake manifold that's how I ran mine.

Quick Reply: The famous water lines... am I okay ? ( pics )