Notices

FAL130 Pusher Fan

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:30 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FAL130 Pusher Fan

Background:
I have a single Flex-a-lite 12" pusher fan, model no. 130. It's been on the car for quite awhile now...at least over a year. I haven't had any troubles with it until just now. No fuses are blown anywhere.

Problem:
For some reason the fan just decided to stop turning on when it reached ~205*-210*. It's always worked just fine until a few days ago. I'm a little confused since I haven't touched the wiring at all.

I thought it might be because since the air temps have dropped a little here that the thermostat sensor (supplied with the fan) just wasn't getting hot enough to trigger the fan. That sometimes happens in the winter time but it's not that big of a deal. Sooo with that thought I decided to use the port on the control box for a manual switch. I am using a 12v switch; however, it is <U>not</U> the switch that the installation instructions say to use. The instructions give a part number for a FAL switch, but seriously....a switch is a switch so it should work I think. Anyways, the manual switch does not turn the fans on either (figures).

Question:
Has anyone ever had the little black control unit for the fan(s) to go bad? Can they go bad? When I grab the wires coming out of the control box and push/pull them, it's as though the internal circuit board is moving. Normally this would throw a red flag that it's potential f-ed up, but I wouldn't think this would be the problem since I haven't touch the thing until just now.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:04 AM
BCICAN

Default Re: FAL130 Pusher Fan (Dunc)

any takers?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAL130 Pusher Fan (Dunc)

no sure of the brand just the generic slim fans that everyone sells on H-T. but i have had 2 go bad. the first lasted about 1 week. maybe my fault b/c i think some metal shavings got into the fan when i cut my bumper support. the other lasted for a good while maybe 1.5 years. for a while it was getting louder like the bearing in the motor was going bad. then it gave out.