Notices

Fabricating a Complete Ballistic GT Dual Ball Bearing Turbo Kit for the B18C - Anyone Intrested ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 11:34 AM
LB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabricating a Complete Ballistic GT Dual Ball Bearing Turbo Kit for the B18C - Anyone Intrested ?

Hey guys, Im Jeffrey from eXtremeBoost, a New member of this Honda Board. We are a new fabrications company intrested in working into the scene. I own a 92 MR2 Turbo with a Ballistic turbo kit, and 2000 Honda Civic Hatch with a 1.8L Vtec GSR Motor which we are about to build a Turbo manifold and devolpe a full Ballistic Dual Ball Bearing GT30 Turbokit. Just for refrence, we have completed a similar GT30 turbokit for the MR2, and wee now have a new welding fabrication facility which does grade A work, take a look ...

The Ballistic GT30 turbo is going to spool up faster than any Drag, Rev Hard, or F-Max setup, while still making atleast 100hp more in the top end. These turbo's are well known to be used in the LeMans racing, World Rally Class, Indy, etc. etc.. Here is a flow map and picture of the turbo we plan to use, don't be scard off by the size, It looks big in the picture. It is still a T3 turbine housing setup and will make 10psi by 3000rpm

We plan to either use the Tial 40mm or 46mm Waste gate with the kit which will ensure no boost creep problems and again, top of the line parts included in absolute best turbokit available for a Honda B-Series motor. What we need here is some intrest, perhaps a group buy setup. Once the manifold is complete, we will need to pre order about 20 at a time, and would like to sell atleast 5 kits before going forward with production. The GT30 kit will make atleast 280 FWHP @ 10psi as did the MR2, and that will not even enter the efficentcy range of the turbo. We have the 2000 Civic Hatch to build the prototype Header and Downpipe onto & a 97 ITR to build the Integra style downpipe onto, and 93 GSR Hatch to build that style downpipe. All aspects of the turbo kit will be covered, all you will need to bolt up the turbo kit is to bore the oil feed for the turbo on the block, otherwise you will be able to install this in your own Garage.

Here are some pictures of our first complete Ballistic turbokit for the MR2, which now uses the manifold and downpipe as seen above. Now that we have steped upto the plate on the fabrications side, our Quality has improved by far, we even have lots of extra bracing to ensure the header will not crack. We plan to Retail the turbokit for about 3380 USD and It will be available in the Group buy for about 3080 USD.

Look How beautiful she looks with the AeroQuip Oil and Coolant lines, Red Tial Gate, and Beautiful Ballistic GT turbo...

Please post or email me if you are seriously intrested in this kit, we are also open to any suggestions from those Tech guys who always put in some great idea's while still in the fabrication process.
Old 05-25-2002, 11:42 AM
New User

Default Re: Fabricating a Complete Ballistic GT Dual Ball Bearing Turbo Kit for the B18C - Anyone Intrested

Old 05-25-2002, 11:44 AM
New User

Default Re: Fabricating a Complete Ballistic GT Dual Ball Bearing Turbo Kit for the B18C - Anyone Intrested

sorry, had to post again, that is BEAUTIFUL work. Would it be possible to get the turbo by itself? I can't re-engineer my turbo kit again.
Old 05-25-2002, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looks good... might not be cost effective but maybe an option can possibly be a merge collector on the manifold... i would think some people would be interested in a piece like that...

anything come with the kit for fuel enrichment? how about a blow off valve and piping?
Old 05-25-2002, 11:50 AM

HEY...that's the turbo i'm using!
Old 05-25-2002, 11:52 AM
LB

VaporTrail, please email me at Jeffrey@eXtremeBoost.com I will be able to give you a killer deal on the Ballistic turbo. Their are many to choose from, so we should talk in person.

eK9t, I'm not sure what you mean by merge in the collector, please refrase that. Also, we are still working on BOV plans, but that will all be an option, not included in the price quoted.
Old 05-25-2002, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LB, your kit looks very nice, but I still maintain that ball bearing turbos are not worth the money for our applications. You may want to consider offering another turbo as a cheaper option.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:01 PM

Its an alternative to the larger GT30 but he is also offering the GT25 Ballistic which "should" be cheaper but I would check with him.

Mike

When he is donw with my car, ill post pics, dyno results, and track times.

SIK
Old 05-25-2002, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

by the merge collector i mean something like what burns makes... how their collectors merge 4 pipes into ... that is welded onto the pipes

edit: i have one on my manifold... there is a picture towards the bottom of this thread
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=190367
Old 05-25-2002, 12:05 PM
LB

eK9t, The MR2 manifold did not have much room in the engine bay to fabricate a merge collector, we will be using one similar to what you posted for our manifold, but it will not be placed of to the side, more like the style seen in the pictures above.

As for those concerned with price of the Ballistic turbo's we now have a special deal setup with Garrett to get these turbo's at a discounted price. Thus the kit will be comparable in price to the Drag and RevHard, while using the parts which are 100 times better ! You just can't loose

[Modified by LB, 4:08 PM 5/25/2002]

[Modified by LB, 4:12 PM 5/25/2002]
Old 05-25-2002, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

eK9t, The MR2 manifold did not have much room in the engine bay to fabricate a merge collector, we will be using one similar to what you posted for our manifold, but it will not be placed of to the side, more like the style seen in the pictures above.
i understand that... im just saying that might be a nice option in case anyone wants it.. to put that type of collector on your manifold
Old 05-25-2002, 12:15 PM
LB

VaporTrail, please email me at Jeffrey@eXtremeBoost.com I will be able to give you a killer deal on the Ballistic turbo. Their are many to choose from, so we should talk in person.

eK9t, I'm not sure what you mean by merge in the collector, please refrase that. Also, we are still working on BOV plans, but that will all be an option, not included in the price quoted.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good
Old 05-25-2002, 12:19 PM
LB

For some reason this thing keeps replying all by it self ? Anyone know why its posting the same message over and over ? Wierd stuff. Ek9, yes I agree this collector is a great idea !
Old 05-25-2002, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What kind of tubing is that (stainless # and wall thickness). Are those flanges 3/8"? Also who designed that collector? It looks like some refinement could go there.

At the bottom pic, where the manifold is on the greddy cardboard box, that looks to be mild steel and has awkward runner placement but a better collector? Just curious why you chose to do something like that.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:59 PM
LB

FFgeoff, that is 304 Stainless which has proven to be quite sterdy. The collector works GREAT with the MR2, we have forgone some major improvments from the origional which is seen in the bottom photo. The manifold sitting on the Greddy PE exhaust box has been Ceramic coated ... some people also like to header rap their manifold, I prefer the polished look. The MR2 is very tight between the block and the fire wall, so we cannot build the proper 4into1 collector like will be done with the kit. We plan to have similar piping design with the 4into1 collector to ensure the customer will be satisfied with the cosmetic & performance aspect. As you can see in the first picture posted, the pipes are bent down to match the shape of the port to ensure their is no turbulance created inside the cylinder head. We have added bracing on the bottom of each pipe and in the collector to prevent cracking, along with the superior welding, you can be sure it will not fail.
Old 05-25-2002, 03:44 PM
LB

FFGeoff, that manifold is made for another turbokit, the collector in this specific turbokit will be a 4into1 style like ek9 showed us in his picture. I chose to redesign that header because it is much more efficent this way, you would have to see it in person, don't guess at a picture...
Old 05-25-2002, 04:07 PM

im not all about ball bearing for my daily driven car but it does look sweet
Old 05-25-2002, 08:34 PM
New User

The GT30 kit will make atleast 280 FWHP @ 10psi as did the MR2, and that will not even enter the efficentcy range of the turbo.
Hmm... Doesn't that figure sound kind of low? That's in the 230ish range at the wheels. We have guys with T3/T4s here making about 280 whp at 0.5 bar. Now maybe it's not in the efficiency range for the GT30, but I'm not sure how willing people are to boost over 10 psi on a stock motor. It seems to me like this Ballistic setup would be ideal for more race-ready engines and those built for 1.5-2 BAR.

Excellent looking manifold, though! The welds on that are superior.
Old 05-25-2002, 11:26 PM
LB

Actually I believe you are correct, the MR2 guys are running close to 8.0:1 compression and setup for high boost. I believe the Honda's high compression will increase the spool and horse power considerably.
Old 05-25-2002, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are u guy making the manifold by themselves?
Old 05-26-2002, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Where are you located ? I am in toronto also.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

280 FWHP = front wheel horsepower, so the 280 IS at the wheels. Expect at least these numbers out of a honda using higher compression, possibly more.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The manifold looks great!
Old 05-26-2002, 09:05 AM
pny

One problem i see with the manifold is the placement of the wastegate.

It won't bleed enough. You might run into a overboosting problem.

Quick Reply: Fabricating a Complete Ballistic GT Dual Ball Bearing Turbo Kit for the B18C - Anyone Intrested ?