Notices

Fabbed a bracket for my jrc ic.

Old 04-17-2005, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabbed a bracket for my jrc ic.

After experimenting with several different mounts, I went to homedepot and bought a long l-bracket and mounted the ic. The bumper fits it perfect and the piping clears the foglights with no problems. It doesn't even touch the fogs. I have to brace the bracket some more but you get the general idea. Just patiently waiting on the mani now. Let me know what you think.

Old 04-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Fabbed a bracket for my jrc ic. (braintree)

looks similar to how i mounted my 8" tall JRC............looks good........kinda sucks that we had to remove the bumper suppor though.......but i'll find away to have some of it back on modified........kinda.....hehe
Old 04-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im using a huge *** fmic, and what I did is cut the back part of the bumper support, to fit the intercooler.

I know from experience that if you remove your bumper support completely then the car will handle like shiet.

I did that for wheight savings and I can feel the frame twist in mild to heavy cornering.

If you want to make a stiffer "L" bracket so it will keep the front end of your frame tougheter.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re

nice mount. How far is it from the back of your ic to the rad. support? (I want to keep my bumper support and i want to keep my fog lights on)
Old 05-22-2005, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fabbed a bracket for my jrc ic. (non-VTEC)

o ya, that IC looks good peeking out of the bumper. I got my project boosting this Sat-also a non-VTEC

What did you use to remove the radiator support? It's welded on I think. I got my custom IC mounted right now and it is too tall and hangs low. I don't think I want to completely eliminate it but it would be easier to cut and section and box it up off of the car.