Notices

F22 boost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F22 boost?

Search, already did that....

My F22b1 has 160k miles and still running very well. I want to boost it but I am weary of the milage factor. I know I will need a compression test, but my question is: If I pass the compression test what do I need done to make the engine more reliable for boosting 7-10psi daily and the possiablity of 20-22 psi max. My goal is to throw down 300+ whp 300+wtq from my f22b1, what mods other than nitrous could help me achieve this goal? I know this block holds boost extremly well due to its low compression factor, but thats about it. Thanks, I am a noob on the topic of boost.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: F22 boost? (AccordCD5)

Make sure all the maintance work is up to date and that everything is 100% before you start. A compression check is a must, good to see you picked up that much at least.

The f22b1 does great with boost... it is a stout motor generally (2.2 liter, 8.8:1 comp, iron sleeves, vtec head, blah, blah...). Although it does still have some weak spots typical of our normally n/a cars.

To run 7-10 psi you would need a turbo setup obviously (whatever your budget can handle, junkyard to custom), a good well <U>tuned</U> fuel management setup (this is extremely important imo... half *** **** will cost you more in the end). Think about something like uberdata, hondata, neptune, crome, aem em$, etc... also gonna need bigger injectors (450cc dsms should cut it, just make sure they are good), upgraded intank pump or added inline fuel pump, colder plugs, etc, etc.

The setup is only as reliable as its weakest component... so plan accordingly... spending a little more in some areas is definately worth it. Beware of the infamous super cheap ebay junk parts specials (if you are not familar search for threads on ebay turbo kits).

You will not be able to run 20-22 psi on a stock lower end, well not at least reliably... unless you got one hell of a wizard tuning your ride. IMO, it may hold for a few runs or more but it would suprise me greatly if the f22's rings and landings would even survive that long.

You could do a cheap rebuild (fresh bearings, seals, pistons, rings, rods, etc...) and not have to sleeve your motor for running more boost. If that was the case you would need even bigger injectors, a 3 bar map sensor, different plugs, modified pcv setup, and so on and so forth.

300/300 is not out of reach with the right mods. I will let you know what it takes very soon or so I hope... I am almost to the mark as it is now (cars runs absolutly great) but still not quite where I want it, yet. I am going to be trying to put down that power and torque on a stock motor (so far so good... other than obvious fuel and boost)... then I will yank it for the fun stuff.
The following users liked this post:
Old 10-13-2005, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F22 boost? (twkdCD595)

Great info... what type of setup are you running? what is your overall goal for boosting the accord? Any recommendations on a full turbo kit? I hear the debate is either the custom route, drag, or f-max.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AccordCD5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great info... what type of setup are you running? what is your overall goal for boosting the accord? Any recommendations on a full turbo kit? I hear the debate is either the custom route, drag, or f-max.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I run a custom setup.

Overall goal is have a modestly fast car still running the sohc and full interior... which will take a little grunt since this thing is 3000 lbs with me and part tank of fuel. Already scoots pretty good but still not quite were I would like to be.

You could also think about a custom route using some of the prefab's parts from the kits.

I like the custom route but it can take more time and money to get everything together. Also think about your charge pipe routing, turbo location, clearances and how various manufacurer's parts will work together when piecing together a setup.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What do you think the best turbo size would be to reach my 300/300 + goal? I understand that some turbos will have increased lag. I want something that will run evenly through the RPMs.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AccordCD5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What do you think the best turbo size would be to reach my 300/300 + goal? I understand that some turbos will have increased lag. I want something that will run evenly through the RPMs. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I am helping a friend build a turbo setup for his F22. Someone reccomended a Precision SC44.

My buddies goal is 250-350HP.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

whats your budget for the snail?

you probably would not like something like what I run, it is sized for a little lag.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not really on a budget as of now, just trying to plan for one. I'm not going to invest my life into it though, I need to buy an NSX in the next 8-10 years

Thanks for the responses though, Keep updating me with info if you want. I will be away from my computer for the next 10 days or so, Honeymoon cruise
Old 10-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

plan out everything very well. It took me 6 months to research and buy the stff, I will help you out. I pieced my parts together and it came out cheaper than a kit and makes more power than a kit... Here is a pic of the parts... you are welcome to IM me if you have any questions....
The following users liked this post: