Notices

F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself

UPDATE: precision just called, $206 to fix everything, new compressor wheel, journal bearings, clean it up, balance it and polish up the scar on the compressor housing, they also said these turbos dont need a restrictor because one is already built in

This is a brand new turbo with less than 1000 miles on it. Car is fully tuned by mase.

I was wondering way my car wasnt hitting full boost so i go and look around and noticed no loose charge pipes or vac hoses. So i reach down and put my fingers into the compressor housing and notice this **** aint right, expletive.

So i tear my turbo down and notice one of the 3 gold brackets to clock/hold the turbo on the compressor housing isnt there .

Can I just send it back to precision and have the compressor wheel replaced or do I have to get another turbo . Well who ever has a gun they want to rent out for the weekend, lemme know. Ill have someone send it back after im finished.

Some scaring on the housing (the flash hid it) and the freakin messing bracket

Wondering if alex from neukin can hook me up if i need a new turbo because this is a setup i bought from him (In no way is this his fault, it was my own installation error)

Modified by eg crunkmonster at 12:45 PM 8/17/2006
Old 08-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself (eg crunkmonster)

It can be fixed. Its just a compressor wheel swap and balance.

art
Old 08-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd just check for shaft play, and if it's minimal, order up a new wheel, bolt the bitch on and call it a day.

Don't forget that the nut that's on there is reverse threaded..

My compressor wheel got owned once by my own stupidity and once by a pebble that got through my air filter...both times I just installed a new compressor wheel..my turbo is 5 years old with over 40K miles, still no problems at all with it.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself (Arturbo)

around how much would that cost.......and i thought i was gonna have to get another turbo.......someone point in the right direction to get this fixed (contacting who ever)
Old 08-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself (eg crunkmonster)

Looks like a precision turbo. Call them up, 219-996-7832. Dependning what compressor wheel it is will determine the cost.
And you will probably need a new housing if it cut into the housing good enough. Also, the pieces of your wheel are in you intercooler, might want to dump it out..lol

art
Old 08-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself (Arturbo)

i was wondering where they were....i would have thought they were in the motor by now .

its an sc6169 with an SP housing....imma gonna have to call them tommorrow, any idea on a price to get this fixed with a new housing?

thanks guys
Old 08-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that looks to me, that the turbo sucked in some rock or some other ****
put a F$#^&g filter on it!
Old 08-09-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Re: (USDM 4G VTEC)

Are you gonna sell the car before you blast yourself? Pm me.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, the pieces of your wheel are in you intercooler, might want to dump it out..lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not to laugh at the situation, but that **** was kinda funny ^

Old 08-10-2006, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself (Tactic$)

wheels are usually 150-200$. my t67 wheel was 165$ ouch. lol
Old 08-10-2006, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself (SPOOLINmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPOOLINmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wheels are usually 150-200$. my t67 wheel was 165$ ouch. lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

did that include balancing and wat not?
Old 08-10-2006, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just called precision and they said just send it in which will cost $80 for them just to look at and didnt gimme any prices because they dont give any quotes over the phone (i understand why though).....i think imma gonna get *** raped when they call me back with the bill
Old 08-10-2006, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

shitty man

makes me feel happy that i put a screen for a filter on my turbo
Old 08-10-2006, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg crunkmonster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

did that include balancing and wat not?</TD></TR></TABLE>

when you buy a new wheel they come individually balanced. So yes it will come balanced. I just replaced a wheel on my ITS turbo that got owned like yours did and the wheel was like $110. Then just put it on and polished up the housing a bit and it will be good to go. Your wheel will probably be more though because it is bigger.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself (delslo93)

not because the wheel is balance means it will be once you put it on the turbo

its like saying, i got a new tire that is all balanced, and i am putting it on my rim and not worry about balancing it
Old 08-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself (USDM 4G VTEC)

well im gonna get it done right and send it back to precision. hopefully the bill wont be as bad. I did have a filter setup for my turbo but the shitty fans i had wasnt enough to cool it so I had to throw on the stock fan while i waited for my intake setup to get here so i can try and mount the slim fan as a puller and see how it works. (it was a b18turbo fan used as a pusher with a precision 600hp IC on an EG).

anyways, hopefully i get my turbo back, mase comes to miami and i jump on the dyno and see if i can make 400+ whp on these stock sleeves
Old 08-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself (USDM 4G VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USDM 4G VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not because the wheel is balance means it will be once you put it on the turbo

its like saying, i got a new tire that is all balanced, and i am putting it on my rim and not worry about balancing it
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not really....In theory if you think about it, they balance the hot side by itself so its balanced with the shaft. Then they balance the cold side by itself so its balanced. So if you put them together from the center where they were both balanced, and they both dont have chips in them which could make it unblanced, they should still both be balanced from the center shaft. You put them together on the shaft and the system as a whole should be balanced.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:14 AM

Looks like you could use a slim fan!
Old 08-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the wheels come balanaced, i know garrett ones do. but balancing around here only costs me like 35$-40$ at a diesel turbo shop.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself (SPOOLINmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SPOOLINmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the wheels come balanaced, i know garrett ones do. but balancing around here only costs me like 35$-40$ at a diesel turbo shop. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Indeed. Take the wheel off the next turbo you rebuild and take a look at it. I hope those marks didn't come from the wheel hitting the backing plate.

I would say just call up the turbo company, ask them how much a new wheel is. And reaplace it. Wouldn't hurt to check bearing play and what not. And if you are ****, take it to a diesel shop like mentioned above and get the whole unit balanced. Good luck man, that **** sucks. I know from experience.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Banned

what caused that?
Old 08-11-2006, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (moops vs moors)

ummmm if u work read then u would know what happened and why i didnt have a filter on the turbo and no, having no filter didnt cause this
Old 08-11-2006, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (eg crunkmonster)

were the remaining 2 gold pieces tight, or was the compressor housing loose and moving around?
Old 08-11-2006, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tony1)

even if they are tight, the compressor housing can get **** eyed from not having that third one.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (SPOOLINmatt)

Haha, not very easy. It would have to have A LOT of side load to do that. Is the shaft bent? That's exactly what a turbo looked like from my car when the shaft bent and the compressor hit the housing...

Quick Reply: F*^& I p'wned myself, can this be fixed, imma gonna kill myself