Notices

Exospeed Race Sleeves

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exospeed Race Sleeves

I'm try to get some sleeves for my B18C; because I'm ready to turbo. Has anyone out there used Exospeed Race Sleeves or know of anyone who has? Are they good or bad ? Exospeed.com has them on sale for $290 per set.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 11-16-2003, 02:55 AM
New User

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (rocket256)

personnaly id pass on them as they do not support on the sleeves

i would recommend the aebs tsleeves

Old 11-16-2003, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ive never heard of them either. I personally have golden eagle sleeves.

liam
Old 11-16-2003, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (liam821)

personnaly id pass on them as they do not support on the sleeves

so you'd pass on the benson's as well huh? they must suck since they have no support.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (RenoRacing)

If you are going with exospeed sleeves over the others to save money, put the extra money into the machine shop that is doing the sleeving. Any brand of sleeve can give problems when not done right. Find an excellent machinist and you wont have a problem.

I have dartons and ive been driving on them daily almost 2 years.
no overheating, no blown headgaskets, no sleeve sinking, no worries

Its like insurance for your motor. Get a good insurance and you know you'll be covered
Old 11-16-2003, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (daviid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daviid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">personnaly id pass on them as they do not support on the sleeves
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess that settles it, all sleeves that arent closed deck suck

Ive never heard anything bad about Exospeed sleeves. exospeedAMcrx is a member on this site, contact him with all questions.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I personally use Aebs sleeves cause the machine shop locally does them and if I have any problems, I dont have ship the block.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (S03Burner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S03Burner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its like insurance for your motor. Get a good insurance and you know you'll be covered </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 01-20-2004, 01:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (liam821)

woops late reply:

OUr sleeves are open deck design. Same as Dartons, Bensons, RS Machine, and many other sleeving companies. They are Iron Ductile and are universal sleeves that your machine shop is free to bore from 81mm to 87mm.
here's a pic installed:

Old 01-20-2004, 01:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (exospeedAMcrx)

What are the hp/psi rating on those sleeves?
Old 01-20-2004, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

currently being used on race cars pushing out 35-38psi. but of course can do more.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (exospeedAMcrx)

just make sure you have rs machines do the work because exospeed will sell you the sleeves but they dont include the specs to give to the machine shop. so you will be stuck with a set of sleeves and no ''instructions'' to install them. ooooooh and if you do send your block to rs machine be prepared to wait up to 2 months to get your block back no matter what they tell you (2 weeks)
Old 01-20-2004, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S03Burner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> put the extra money into the machine shop that is doing the sleeving. Any brand of sleeve can give problems when not done right. Find an excellent machinist and you wont have a problem. </TD></TR></TABLE>This is probably the best advice anyone can give you.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rocket256 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What are the hp/psi rating on those sleeves?</TD></TR></TABLE>There is no real hp/psi ratings on sleeves...just guesses by interested parties. Most all sleeves are made from ductile iron with slight hardness variances.
REMEMBER, 40lbs is nothing to a sleeve. It is the 1500 pounds it must support during normal combustion or the 5000 pounds under detonation that the sleeve must survive.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (earl)

Earl, yes we use ductile iron, a special blend that we found works great. Why would you say we don't use ductile iron? You know better than that!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (dilsnickracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dilsnickracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">prepared to wait up to 2 months to get your block back</TD></TR></TABLE>

We are planning for the Spring race season to produce blocks ready to go... with the difficulty of finding blocks these days, we will only have mostly LS blocks readily available and a couple D16 blocks.

So hopefully we'll be caught up and in stock of these sleeved blocks by mid february.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (GoldenEagleMfg.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoldenEagleMfg.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Earl, yes we use ductile iron, a special blend that we found works great. Why would you say we don't use ductile iron? You know better than that!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>I changed the post Vince Nothing personal, just was not sure.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (earl)

The reason that sleeves are made from ductile iron as compared to other compounds is that it works the best for seating rings.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (daviid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daviid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">personnaly id pass on them as they do not support on the sleeves

i would recommend the aebs tsleeves

</TD></TR></TABLE>

the aebs is good, but too expensive for me. darton, ge, and benson are all good as well. like someone said before. make sure your mahcinest is good.
an incorrectly installed darton,ge,benson,aebs could very well be weaker than your stock sleeves if done incorrectly.

personally i would go with either 1st)benson, then 2nd )ge
darton is pricey as well, which is the only reason i wouldnt get it.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (S03Burner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S03Burner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you are going with exospeed sleeves over the others to save money, put the extra money into the machine shop that is doing the sleeving. Any brand of sleeve can give problems when not done right. Find an excellent machinist and you wont have a problem. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with EARL This is some of the best advice i have seen on here in a while. Everyone is going to have there favorite shop. Everyone is subject to there own opinion. But speaking what you dont know or what your friends friend has told you. Should be taken with a grain of salt. Im sure Vince and Earl would like to meet this "FREIND " that everyone has that knows everything.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (RS Machines)

Haha, well put RS Machine. Everyone has their own " friend " who has an opinion. Like everyone says, ask around, look at who is using what and what kind of success they are having. There are a couple of really good sleeving houses out there, just have to be careful that it's not someone who is going to rip you off and leave you stranded.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Exospeed Race Sleeves (GoldenEagleMfg.com)

Everyone has that "I heard from this guy" story, etc. All these companies mentioned, Bensons, RS Machine, Golden Eagle are all Top notch companies. When you are deciding on sleeving your block... Speak to the Companies themselves.. find out for yourself and not rely on others "she said, he said this" stories.