Notices

To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds.

Please do not contact Max-Rev regarding these. Max-Rev is not producing these manifolds.

As an update...

There are 2 designs. The first is the one posted here:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=175086

The second is similar to the manifold used on Gary Gardella's Ecko Drag Civic (can be seen in the last issue of turbo). This will allow you to use a full-length radiator and possibly retain A/C. Fitment will be at the end of this week.

For all inquiries please email me at geoff@full-race.com

Applications currently for B series and 4g63 motors only. Other motors will certianly be prototyped, but upon order only. Include t3 or t4 flanges and user specifies what wastegate they want.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:04 AM

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (FFgeoff)

Old 05-28-2002, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (kidkutz)

price for each?
Old 05-28-2002, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (internet ay)

The price is going to be 975 for the dual wastegate manifold. It will be 850 if there is no wastegate port (you can do it yourself where you like or use an adaptor plate). There will also not be a group buy as these manifolds are far too time consuming to make a lot of.

yummy
Old 05-28-2002, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (int3gra)

sploooge...but not for my needs..but damn..if i had cash coming out my *** id buy just cause it looks cool
Old 05-28-2002, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (FFgeoff)

whats the backorder on the max rev kit..ive been phoninf for days and havent had anyluck getting through to the shop.
Old 05-28-2002, 02:56 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (SiRkid)

maybe i'm dumb, but why not just use one larger wg?
Old 05-28-2002, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (00SilverLS)

very interested if you have one for a h22
Old 05-28-2002, 04:03 PM

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (Bryson)

let see some dyno numbers for the log style and both your equal length mani's.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (Bryson)

Sir, before making comments like this, please read the aforementioned post.

First, those are not 40mm tials, they are 35 mm deltagate flanges. Dual 35s are far less expensive than an equivalently sized 46mm tial. Also if you look at the GTP cars of the 80s, they often used dual wastegates. This is a fairly common technique for controlling boost when huge wastegates are impractical, whether it be a size constraint or price.

Secondly, the dual wastegates do *NOT* come from the same size tubing. While it appears that way, the total diameter is a 2.25" hole. this equates to 57.15mm. Do that math. Simple Pi*r^2

It is apparent that the wastegate ports will flow more than adequately.

math done for you:
total flow cross sectional area of 2 35mm wgs = 2 * (9.62 e-3) m^2

total cross sectional area of port at 57.15 mm = 25.6 e-3 m^2

thanks.

[Modified by FFgeoff, 10:39 PM 5/28/2002]
Old 05-28-2002, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (SiRkid)

no idea whats goin on at maxrev... ive been in NJ for the past few weeks. If you need to reach them, drop me a line ill make sure you get thru.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

twin 35 mm wastegates are not equivalent to a single 70 mm wastegate. Wastegate valve area is not a linear function of valve radius, rather it is exponential (Pi*r^2)

Dual 35s are equivalent to a single 49mm wastegate.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will not argue this point with you.

Some customers have requested dual 35mm deltagate flanges on the manifolds. I made a manifold that provides this. Others request a manifold designed to fit a single 40 and some have asked for 46mm. The manifolds are all custom fabricated one off pieces and are made according to each order. I understand your point, and I recognize it, although I do not agree. Please, give the argument up I do not wish to continue this debate any longer.

The purpose of this thread was merely to ask customers to stop calling maxrev if they are interested in the manifolds and to contact me. Thanks
Old 05-28-2002, 07:18 PM
New User

Geoff, your work is.....well its.........there are no words for it. I will understate it by saying I think you make the best manifolds I have ever seen, PERIOD! And, you KNOW your ****! I respect that!
Old 05-28-2002, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (97CivicFerio)

Thanks guys. You really are the hardest guys to please on earth, whenever i get a favorable response on here im a happy camper
Old 05-28-2002, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still gonna get that manifold Geoff...which one do you think will flow better? the kooks style or the Other(I remember kiwi)style? Did you still need those turbos? I left you a message, but you never returned my calls....hook me up and I'll hook you up
Old 05-28-2002, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (Slow_ass_4dr)

whats up paul. Im guessign that was you on my voicemail? I checked and it was just a bunch of static... no one else told me that they left a vociemail, i couldnt figure out who had let that message? Weird. Anyway, ill call you tomorrow. I still have your number.

I honestly think the rams horn style will flow the best. When you see the merge collector up close it really makes the most sense in terms of keeping the exhaust gasses in a laminar state. While turbulence is key before the combustion event, high speed, and high temperature are definately desired as he gasses enter the turbine. Ive been doing some reading and it appears that log and equal length have similar HP peaks, but the equal lengths will make more torque as previously mentioned, but more importantly they will spool much much sooner.

A quote from an SAE paper "the longer runner was found to decrease turbocharger spool time. The result is similar to using a Ball Bearing Center section turbocharger."

this is in reference to the cadillac GT car.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how thick are adapter plates??
Old 05-29-2002, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (int3gra)

Old 05-29-2002, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright cool. I'm not going to be some jackass screwing up the post.
There is a delete button under the edit screen of your response. USE IT! Dont F up his post.....

Anyways. Looks great Geoff! I love my log style manifold. Damn if I bought this one my hands would be hurting for months after I polish it to a show luster!!! You saw mine at atco 2 weeks ago and we met briefly, remember?

Good luck with the sales......
Old 05-30-2002, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

paul, i tried calling you but then i saw your message laaate last night. Ill call this evening again. sorry for the mixup

the adapter plates are made by ITS and turbonetics. Check this one out at overboost.com

http://www.overboost.com/obs/product...stegate%20Neck

Dan, of course i remember meeting you by viren's car. Let me know next time youre gonna be at the track. Ill be at the next few events with the ecko car (not this weekend tho ) Talk to you later. Good luck hitting 12s, youll do it easily, just get more seat time
Old 05-30-2002, 12:00 PM
New User

I am assuming that we can order one with a single 35mm for a Tial also...

Have you fitted to see if the second manifold will still fit AC? Being in FL, AC is a must...

Also, may I see a pic of that manifold?
Old 05-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (93LSivic)

did.

Old 05-30-2002, 12:29 PM
sgT
Honda-Tech Member

Dude, if this fits with AC then Im all over it.
wonder if it'll clear the hood on a 4g
Old 05-30-2002, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds. (GSR_Hacker)

I had a small issue where my dog decided my digital camera would be fun to knock over and then proceed to bite/chew... now it just clicks at me I have been working on the collector for that manifold as it is proving to be quite tricky. A buddy has a camera ill be borrowing, ill keep you all posted ASAP.

BTW anyone work at HP? I gotta send my camera in...

edit: by the way, the standard wastegate setup will be the 35mm tial.

[Modified by FFgeoff, 5:56 PM 5/30/2002]

Quick Reply: To everyone interested in the Full-Race equal length Manifolds.